Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

Hhmm.. That's a miserable story. This means that travelers should fill up their tank and carry food and water in case they get stuck on the expressway. Also they should keep their cell phones charged all the time, if in case their vehicle breaks down in between so that they can call for help since the patrol vehicles and the authorities don't care about you once you hit the expressway and pay toll.

Re: Yamuna Expressway Makes Delhi – Agra Commute Easier

Heading to Yamuna Expressway? Make sure your ride has sufficient fuel. An article from Times of India (Link).

Drive Safe,
350Z
That is really sad. Everyone may not be in the situation. Mostly people will make sure to fill the fuel for any long trips. Being this is a new highway there could be a chances for this kind of incidents. But being a paid toll highway that too Rs.350, I feel the facilities provided was not worth except for good road.

Hhmm.. That's a miserable story. This means that travelers should fill up their tank and carry food and water in case they get stuck on the expressway. Also they should keep their cell phones charged all the time, if in case their vehicle breaks down in between so that they can call for help since the patrol vehicles and the authorities don't care about you once you hit the expressway and pay toll.
i wont read much into these negative news.

its elementary that u fill in fuel before u embark on a long journey. we all know that the expressway is new. and things do take time in india.

ps : i would want a few good dhabas as well. munching fresh dal makhni with jeera aloo wud be a great add on :)

its elementary that u fill in fuel before u embark on a long journey. we all know that the expressway is new. and things do take time in india.

ps : i would want a few good dhabas as well. munching fresh dal makhni with jeera aloo wud be a great add on :)
Yea that's true but travelers need take these things into consideration before hitting this expressway until fuel bunks and all the midway stops are in place and working..

And+ 10000 to that Dhaba thing. At least one Punjabi Dhaba

Normally as you said it is elementary to fill fuel before we hit the roads for long journey. but sometimes things might happend that on the way we can fill fuel. I think the thing happend was same kind of situation.

Friends

It is just simple man !! why to blame government or ourselves much on this. Let government ask two or three guys to open their fuel stations at the both the entry toll gates, thats all all will start filling up. Already we know that we have a tendency to check the fuel once we see a fuel station[clap]

Normally as you said it is elementary to fill fuel before we hit the roads for long journey. but sometimes things might happend that on the way we can fill fuel. I think the thing happend was same kind of situation.
agree, but we should not forget the expressway is new. its just a matter of time before we have full fledged highway with pumps, cows, dhabas and joints and motels all trying to get attention. [:D]

agree, but we should not forget the expressway is new. its just a matter of time before we have full fledged highway with pumps, cows, dhabas and joints and motels all trying to get attention. [:D]
That is the catch, people might have comming into the express higway assuming fuel station could be there. it is normal to have fuel stations in highway.

Anyway as someone said, soon fuel stations will be there and everyone will be enjoy the express higway without any problem

Tyre checking, food joints start on Yamuna e-way
Purusharth Aradhak, TNN | Aug 29, 2012, 12.52AM IST

NOIDA: The Yamuna Expressway operator has decided to make the ride to
Agra safer. After the recent incident of a group pelting stones at
motorists near Agra, patrol vehicles have been increased not only to
keep a tab on notorious people but also errant drivers. Moreover, a
tyre checking drive will be launched so that commuters do not suffer
if their tyres burst or get punctured.

Also, temporary food joints have been started at a couple of toll
plazas on the e-way.

Speaking to TOI, director and CFO in Jaypee group, Sachin Gaur, said,
"We have noticed that tyres burst or get punctured if they are old or
due to overspeeding. A camp will be organized at zero point, where not
only vehicles tyres will be checked but drivers will also be educated
about what safety measures should be taken on the expressway."

"While we are talking with tyre company professionals, roadside repair
assistance will be provided by 'service on wheels' that we will
introduce soon," Gaur added.

While opening of food plazas along the expressway is going to take at
least one more month, temporary eating joints have started at Jewar
and Mathura toll plazas. Apart from snacks, mineral water, cold drink
and juices will also be available at the food joints.

Recently, a major mishap was averted after a notorious group pelted
stones on commuters on the expressway near Agra. "The 165km-long
expressway falls under the jurisdiction of 15 police stations in five
districts of Uttar Pradesh. We have increased the security and asked
the police to increase patrolling and visibility on the expressway to
avert such incidents," Gaur added.

The expressway operator feels that experience and suggestions of
commuters will help them a lot for planning safety and security of the
road users. "Suggestion from the public are very important to us.
Hence, we are going to launch a section on the Yamuna Expressway's
official website where we will invite the public to give their views
on how to make the expressway safe and secure," Gaur said.

source

This morning I read a local news paper says one more accident occurred on expressway which claimed 5 lives. The over-speed issue has to be addressed immediately other wise this expressway becomes death paradise soon like ORR in Hyderabad[cry]

Thread Starter #43

350Z

Core Team

This morning I read a local news paper says one more accident occurred on expressway which claimed 5 lives. The over-speed issue has to be addressed immediately other wise this expressway becomes death paradise soon like ORR in Hyderabad
And most of us were complaining that the speed limit is too less. Unless people understand the limits of their rides and themselves, I’m afraid, similar incidents might continue to happen. I hope there is a strict check on speed limits and quick emergency services for an overall safer experience.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This morning I read a local news paper says one more accident occurred on expressway which claimed 5 lives. The over-speed issue has to be addressed immediately other wise this expressway becomes death paradise soon like ORR in Hyderabad[cry]
It is not the fault of expressway but the people who drives the car thinking of expressway as race circuits. No one wants to follow the rules, that is one of the biggest problem in India.

In India, at one end people complain about quality of roads and when quality roads are provided, this is the scenario! [frustration] "Freedom without responsibility & accountability makes no sense"

Speed is not the only criteria. If driven by a fool, forget 100 kmph; even at 60 kmph speed accidents might become quite inevitable!

Top Bottom