Yamaha RX135 Spare Parts Queries

Thread Starter #1
Hello,
i recently purchased yamaha rx135, i need to clarify few thing which follows like
1) will rx 100 silencer is suitable to rx135?if so, does it have any effect on mileage ?
2) what is the best suitable silencer for rx135?
3) How to increase rx135 mileage?

So, Someone just help me with it.

Now Yamaha Doesn't make specific silencer for any of the older RX models. They clubbed the part number and now only one model is available and i think that is for RX 100. But you can use them in RX135. It will not effect your Fuel efficieny at all. The new silencer is available at YASS and it cost around 2000/- and the bend pipe is around 500.
You can also look around for second hand silencer at scrap yard and i think that will be the better choice since the older one will have better quality then the new one.

Hi
will rx 100 silencer is suitable to rx135?if so, does it have any effect on mileage ?
Yes, it will fit. No, it wont affect mileage.
what is the best suitable silencer for rx135?
The original RX135 silencer.
How to increase rx135 mileage?
Ride at a steady 40kmph. Use minimum acceleration, brakes, and gearchanges. Inflate tyres to the correct air pressure. Keep the sparkplug and airfilter clean. Keep the chain tension properly adjusted and the chain well lubricated. Check for brake binding. Keep the clutch play properly adjusted. Use good quality 2T oil. Avoid riding through heavy traffic. Always ride in the highest possible gear WITHOUT lugging the engine.
So someone just help me with it.
Someone just helped you with it[;)].

i recently purchased yamaha rx135, i need to clarify few thing which follows like
1) will rx 100 silencer is suitable to rx135?if so, does it have any effect on mileage ?
2) what is the best suitable silencer for rx135?
3) How to increase rx135 mileage?
Congrats on the RX purchase. To answer your queries,
1) You haven't mentioned if it is 4S/5S. You can use RX100 complete silencer assembly in RX135. The only difference between RX135 & RX100 silencer assembly is the inner core.
2) Original RX135 silencer is the best bet
3) What is current mileage that you get? and how much do you expect to increase? Sam explained the best practice for better mileage.

RX135 can be tuned to get mileage as much as 52kmpl, but running the engine on too much lean air-fuel ratio will harm the engine. For a better engine life and average Fun to drive experience don't expect anything more than 40kmpl.

PS: Please start your ownership review thread as well as post the snaps of the beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone help me in getting Yamaha RX OE helmet lock? Searched around Chennai and Coimbatore, but with least success.

Top Bottom