Yamaha R15 v2 Special Edition: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #47
hey congrats.
what is special in the special edition?
Thanks buddy.

The main difference in the limited edition is the color scheme (that's the white with red and black graphics) and secondly all the Yamaha logo's are embedded in golden color. And Yamaha will only manufacture 4000 of these since it is the 50th Anniversary Edition. And that's 4K extra than the regular one.

Besides that all the features and the mechanical's are same on all the models.

Thread Starter #49
oh k, so extra cash for the emblem, and the special design right.
Actually not for the emblem, i pounded extra 4k for the color of the bike. WHITE. Me and my brother liked the bike in white, so we went ahead with that. Because white color is not available in the regular models.

Thread Starter #50
First Service Update @ 850 kms

My brother got our bike serviced and this was our First service at 850 Kms. According to my brother these 850 kms have been a total bliss and amazing. The bike handles very well on the curves as well as on the wet roads. The dynamics and the fatter tires give you tons of confidence when you riding this amazing machine. The pickup is the best part which makes it lot easier to overtake in the city as well as the highway. The bike loves to be revved and has good amount of power at every gear.
The suspensions do they their job really well and gulps the pot holes easily until and unless it’s a big one. So far the FE that my brother is getting is around 47 kml. Overall we are really happy with the bike and have not encountered any issues or niggles so far.
On his first trip which was 170 kms (right after 2 days of the delivery) he had a little pain in his wrist. Now there might be 2 reasons for that, first maybe because of the aggressive riding position and secondly because he never did a trip as long as this one. But the second time on the very same trip he was very comfortable and there was no sort of pain.

SERVICE DETAILS:
Engine oil – changed
Engine Oil filter – changed
Air filter – changes at 12000 km
Drive Chain – Adjusted and lubricated with a special lubrication.
Coolant – checked the coolant level
Rest – They took apart the entire bike and checked/lubricated (wherever it was necessary) and put it back together in 1 hour.
Also checked if there were any kind of leakage in the bike (engine oil, coolant, front fork etc)

Total Bill - Rs 1427
Servicing – Rs 650
Extended Warranty – 777
Now we have a total of 5 years or 70,000km warranty.

Thread Starter #52
i have a general doubt
for every 2 wheeler should we change engine oil is every service? my friend is doing this for his activa
Yes you should and even the service manual says so.

I did that for my Graptor, Pulsar and now the R15 too the same thing.

Thread Starter #53
Can anyone tell me where can i find a cover for my R15 v2. My brother went to the dealer and they didn't had it. And i guess they don't even have covers for R15.

So is there a website or something where i can order one?

Or any good store in NCR where we can get it?

Thread Starter #55
It's time for a quick update on the R15 v2. She has done almost 2500 kms and going really strong. And need to cover another 500 kms before she goes for the second servvice.
The engine feels more refined and she loves to be revved. You want to overtake someone in city just push her a little bit and task accomplished. Gears have become more smoother now as well.
- So far there are no vibrations in the bike and it is the way it came.
- All the parts are in order and nothing is misbheaving and every part seems to be behaving like a discipined child.
- The FE is city is around 40-45 km and on highways it goes over 50 km.
- The paint quality is really good as well and it still shines the way it was at the time of delivery. Another reason for that might be the Teflon coating which was done at the time of delivery.
-And now there is no wrist pain as well since you get use to that position. yes you will feel that for a week or so if you didn't ride any sports bike before.
- No backpain on long trips as well. The seating position is just PERFECT.

Rest i seriously have nothing to complain so far[clap]. No issues, niggles or problems as of right now(TOUCHWOOD)[;)] Bike is doing really good and i would definitely recommend this bike to someone who is in the market with the required budget.

Time for some pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

zengetz

Suspended
Thanks for putting up this thread my friend.I haven't read the whole thread yet but wanted to share that I picked up an R15 on Saturday and am looking forward to reading your experiences to get to know more :)

Don't want to hijack your thread by putting up a pic of mine here :)

Thread Starter #58
Thanks for putting up this thread my friend.I haven't read the whole thread yet but wanted to share that I picked up an R15 on Saturday and am looking forward to reading your experiences to get to know more :)

Don't want to hijack your thread by putting up a pic of mine here :)
Finally i have a companion now who owns a R15 V2 and congratulations on your new acquisition buddy[clap]. It's a great bike and you will love the ride, road presence and the handling of this sporty machine.

And you are most welcome to post pics on this thread, no worries but yes do start a ownership thread with some nice pics of your hotyy.

BTW what color did you choose?

zengetz

Suspended
Thanks dude and I'm putting up a couple of pics of my R15. Its the Midnight black version. I'll write up something shortly. Good to have company :)

Attachments

Thread Starter #60
Thanks dude and I'm putting up a couple of pics of my R15. Its the Midnight black version. I'll write up something shortly. Good to have company :)
Your bike looks really hot in black. [clap]

Initially black was our choice too but according to our family panditji no black or red vehicle.. Until then I was unaware of the limited version, so I inquired more and got the limited version.

Looking forward for your ownership review.

BTW what was the OTR price?

Top Bottom