Yamaha R15 v2 Special Edition: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
Congratulations[clap]. The R15 version 2.0 is a great bike. I like the colour you've chosen, Its the best among the choices on offer in my opinion. And personally I like lighter colours on fast bikes from a safety point of view. Helps other motorists notice you better on the road.
Thanks a lot. This is the 50th Anniversary model so it's in white. Yamaha will only make 4000 of these. First we booked "Sunset Red" that was "Red and White" but then i was like let's go with the white and booked this one. And now i am glad that i bought the Limited version[:D]. other thing i liked about this color was the black lines on the tank and rear tail of the bike.

And good review as well. Enjoy your time with the Yamaha[:)].
Well i still have few months left before i can put my hands on the bike as i am in US. Meanwhile my bro is all flattered by the beauty and driving pleasure of R15 v2 and enjoying it.

Thread Starter #33
Few more pics of my bike.

This is the pic after the pooja was done.
IMG_0754.jpg

Parking lights
IMG_0773.jpg

SDC10335.jpg

@TSIVipul: Buddy here's the picture you asked for.
Backlit console.
IMG_0778.jpg

Led back lights
IMG_0759.jpg

It has a separate light for the number plate as well. And honestly i even didn't knew about it until i saw this picture[surprise]
IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
Few more pictures with the lights turned ON.

IMG_0766.jpg

Again that's the light for the number plate.
SDC10355.jpg

SDC10354.jpg

That' the low beam
IMG_0776.jpg

And that's the high beam. And it's pretty good and powerful.

And that's our dog SHAWN[:)]
IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Thread Starter #36
congratz mr.singh its is a nice ride , apart from sporty looks,the engine is revv free
kitna deti hai ??
PS: but how could you chose it over wicked 200NS [surprise]
Thanks buddy and yes the low end power is just amazing according to my brother hence the pickup is really good.

Regarding the FE still figuring out and will post it once my brother tells me.

I liked looks of r15 v2 far better than the 200NS (no offence to 200 NS owners) since looks are subjective.

Thread Starter #38
So the first accessory for the R15 v2 is a Vega Boolean Helmet. We ordered it online from:
http://vegaauto.com/

The Helmet has a white base with red graphics which suits our bike color combination as well. Below are a few details of the helmet:
• It’s made in advanced Injection Molded Lightweight Polycarbonate Shell.
• It has a Single-Button One Handed Face Shield Release.
• Two Stage Multiple Positions with Locking Mechanism.
• Helmet has Full Front to Back Airflow Flushes Heat & Humidity Up & Out.
• Helmet is Anti scratch / fog visors.
• It comes with Removable & Washable Interior.
• It has dual visors one regular and the other one is the sunshield.

That's with the regular visor.
SDC10402.jpg

That's with the regular visor as well as the sun visor.
SDC10401.jpg

That skull graphic looks pretty cool on the helmet.
SDC10359.jpg

That's with the open front face. I like the way how entire face (part) goes up.
IMG_0783.jpg

This button is for opening and closing the sun visor.
SDC10371.jpg

SDC10396.jpg

SDC10398.jpg

Congrats Paaji.[clap] This one looks hot. I hope I am not late to wish you because I was more into checking the subscribed threads![frustration]
BTW isnt there any way to remove that rear mudguard; it is spoiling the looks. And any Fancy Reg number or the simple one?
One of this guy next to my office has brought the same colour as your's (donno know about the limited edition golden logos thing) with a reg no 100.

Thread Starter #41
Congrats Paaji.[clap] This one looks hot. I hope I am not late to wish you because I was more into checking the subscribed threads![frustration]
BTW isnt there any way to remove that rear mudguard; it is spoiling the looks. And any Fancy Reg number or the simple one?
Thanks buddy and good wishes are always welcome[:)].
Yes i will get that rear mudguard cut on first service and we have paid Rs. 1000/- extra for the reg. no. we don't know the no. as of right now but the last three no's will be the same. As soon as the dealer gets the no. he will call us. He said that it will take around 2-3 weeks.

One of this guy next to my office has brought the same colour as your's (donno know about the limited edition golden logos thing) with a reg no 100.
Actually there are 2 limited models in v2. One is Fiery Red and the other one is the 50th Anniversary. Mine is the 50th Anniv. so this model gets all the logos in gold color.

And a v2 with reg no. 100 would definitely look cool

Thread Starter #42
All right guys since i am not able to ride our new r15 v2 because i am not in India. I told my brother to come up with a detailed review of the bike. And i got his review today so posting the same. Hopefully it helps the prospect buyers.

You don’t see it while you are sitting on iT..all you see is the road ahead of you waiting eagerly to be ripped apart by the power waiting to be unleashed beneath u from the inside of the aluminum core..
You feel amazing just as you sit on it.. You don’t have to adjust to or get used to anything (at this point) your posture, your position on the seat nothing. it feels like it was designed according to your measurements. Just jump on and go cursingggg. You just fit in so well, the seat, the handle bar, angle at which you are leaning forward a little (nothing new here for me had a bit similar handle on my previous bike done at local market.. But this feels awesome - jut perfect setting!!)

The grip is amazing on both sides i.e. the throttle and the clutch side. The bar is neither too thick nor too thin, looks like it is meant for my hands only [;)]. When u look down and put in the key, turn it to ignition, everything in the Multi-function Display (MFD) lights up, every light that was put in there for some purpose lights up for a second, Neutral, the fuel indicator, turn indicator, high beam, engine problem, coolant overheat etc, speedometer reads 188 then comes back to 0 similarly the trip meter. All lights settle down other than the Neutral. The techno meter needle makes a round from 0 to 12 x1000 RPM and then back to 0

Other than all this stuff going on as soon as you turn the keys to ignition, a very low intensity sound comes like.. PEEEEEeeeeee--.. as if there is some kind of EMP charging. It’s so low intensity sound that most of the time you don’t even hear it. Forget about hearing it while anywhere near traffic or even if you are talking on phone. But it’s an amazing sound just pushes your imagination on what’s waiting for you!! Though I still don’t know where that sound comes from, maybe the ECU kicks in. Whatever that is, it sounds nice. Just a gentle touch to the self start and the engine starts effortlessly making very low sound. If you have been riding a pulsar for some time now, chances are you won’t even hear it...no kidding. The RPM hand is now in between 0 and .5. Twist your wrist a little and vrrrrroooommmmm says the exhaust, just another exhilarating sound that sounds cool.

Press the clutch, it’s really soft, i was not hoping it to be so smooth. I was thinking it must be a bit tight, there is something special about it, holding it for longer periods and even again and again use of it (1 hour in traffic jam with come and go rain) does not makes my hand pain. It was another thing that I liked whereas on our previous bike the wrist and palm use to hurt a bit just in 30 minutes (also the clutch was not R15 like smooth).

Make your first shift by pressing the gear paddle down, you just have to touch it and give it a little direction specially when you are in neutral, and the shift settles itself it just slips in the right position, just like the switches in our homes, assume a switch half pressed then you just have to touch it and it goes in that direction, its same here and you can hear a click too!. Release the clutch slowly and you are moving, put your legs up and here you have a strange feeling where did my foot rest go?? Then you remember its R15 you are ridding now, I had to look down to keep my feet in the right place, I kept it on the brake and the gear first! Well something I got used to very well in that traffic jam. Actually I got used to everything because of it. The breaking, the clutch, the spacing according to my new bikes specifications (especially in mind) and yes biggest of all the Mirrors (I never had them before) they are a bit difficult to handle here!! They keep touching the cars mirrors and everyone walking by you will make sure to throw their elbow towards it. First i kept adjusting them every single time but soon I got fed up with that as I have to lean a lot towards the mirror to adjust them and decided to adjust them when i get rid of that traffic jam.

As you get on the road, there is no head or a pair of eyes that don’t look again n again n again, people turnaround to just have a look at this babe, to stare it with a wish of taking a closer look and owning it. which came true for me at last [:)] !!.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #43
First long trip review on the bike right after 2 days from the delivery.

Well I was returning from faridabad to my hometown moradabad after taking the delivery of the bike but I had to make a stop at Noida (around 30 kms). So as soon as I got out of Badarpur border it started raining and traffic jam was waiting for me as always. It took more than 1 hour to reach jasola-kalandikunj! Till now I was not able to cruze at much of a speed but after I crossed Yamuna river I got a bit of space to make a little run for my stop as the rain had also stopped by now but I was already dripping water from everywhere except my head which was covered by my helmet. The grip was very good since all the roads were wet I was paying special attention to the traffic around me and my braking but the tires took care of everything for me, it did not felt like braking in a wet road with that rear 130 MRF tire which was specially designed of r15 (think I read that somewhere) but the breaking of the front discs is worth a million bucks, you just don’t need anything else to stop you if u have a finger on your front brake lever, they are powerful as hell.

The rear brakes are not as powerful as the front ones if braking while moving straight, while if u apply rear brakes while making a cut or a turn the story changes a lot. The reason behind it is that the rear tire is plain from the center and has nice grips and design on the outer sides of it so when u drive straight and break due to less grip u feel the need of a better brakes (remember the front discs! just take their name and the work is already done ;) ) but I think that plain thing and the wideness of the tire kept grip in the rain, while you are turning or making a cut you will feel the difference in the breaking its more than enough (the rear brakes).

So I reached Noida wet and dripping with water all around and inside me! Finished my work and within an hour I was again on the road to complete my reaming journey to Moradabad which was almost 150 kms from there.
This was the time I could test the power of my R15 but not completely since I cannot drive the bike above 5000 RPM before 500kms and then 7000RPM till 1000km then after the first service- there is no restrictions (Run in Period). The bike has a punch in every gear, enough to make any other bike or car cry for a distance. But 5000 RPM limits you down as I am in the run-in period.

This babe does 75 km/hr in 6th gear while all the shifts made at or before 5x1000 RPM. I did not take it further (it’s been around 20 days and I still haven’t break the limit of 5x1000rpm!! just about to cross 500kms) but while I was descending a flyover it went up to 89 kmh. I did not even know until I saw the speedo. Well I know it’s not a big deal breaking the limits of the manuals and who cares? right...but neither the road is going anywhere nor the bike or me! so following some instructions that may be crucial for my bike`s engine will not harm me, want to keep it in good shape even better than my last one (LML Graptor 2004 model, even in 2012 I could do a 110 kmh (123max earlier) easily with all original parts nothing was changed other than battery since we bought it).

Well the rain did not abandon me in Noida, it came back on as soon as I got out of Noida and low rain accompanied me all my journey till I reached my home where it was sunny, got heavy rain in Hapur Bypass and then at ganga bridge and gajarola.

The suspensions are very good too, front shocks specially, each time you use front disks u need them, they are very well designed (internally). They take your body weight along with the bike `s weight and then push you back very smoothly, it feels like falling on a cotton loom and then it bounces back smoooooothly and slowly but yet fast. Mean’s you don’t feel a jerk as you apply the brakes no matter how hard you break the shocks will take you down slowly and put you back in the same position.

Now the rear mono shock helps in literally erasing the small bumps, my college is on the same road and is 35 kms from my home, so this was the area I was familiar with every pot hole, bump etc so I tested the suspension here, if it’s a pothole you get into, chances are you might feel it on your front wheel but rear wheel will chew it off,yo u need something bigger to be felt by your rear wheel! a wider hole or bigger stone, but then that can be avoided most of the time.

It was near ganga bridge (around 100-110 kms from Noida) I started feeling a little pain in my left palm which maybe because i never drove that long before especially with a almost 20 kg backpack on my back or maybe due to the bike design. Also you keep sliding onto the fuel tank again n again so you have to keep getting back every 10-15 minutes.

These are the only sort of -ve points for the r15 v2 for some but i personally dont care about it. For the taller people who have longer legs a solution to the sliding thing can be to take support of your inner thies and hold the bike a litle instead of just sitting on it and when u slide in for the first time rest your knees on the cowlings line passing just underneth the sides of fule tank. It might sound wiered but when you sit on the seat you will understand, im not telling to rest ur knees ON the cowling.. that is not even possible. Or you can just keep sitting there if you dont feel much uncomfartable. Actually if you tend to do stunts that is the place you would sit by yourself.

As far as the FE is concerned, when I took the delivery of the bike the last fuel bar was flashing and the dealer told me that they give 1 liter fuel so I went to the Fuel bunk straight from the showroom. Till today I have filled 13.95 liters of fuel in my tank, with four bars still remaining I have done a bit less then 370kms out of which around 200kms is in the city. So I would say roughly I have been getting near about 50-55 km/l as of right now.

When I got home finally got off my bike it was our second drive and first long drive and it was all wet muddy and sandy but still looked gorgeous and even sexier than before. I had a smile on my face when i got off it, you just take a look at it and you remember what people were looking-starring turning around all the way long :P
Its mesmerizing..just can`t get enough of it...no matter how long u look at it...no matter how hard u stare at it , it will mesmerize you every-single-damm-time...your look is always incomplete!

A Funny incident while driving in Noida
So here I am standing at a red light near sec-62 with a beamer 5 series on my side...you know what happens next. Worth mentioning he took a good look of my ride too (while I was checking out his [:D] everyone was looking either at me or at the beamer (will own it too someday soon I said to myself).
The light turns green-zooooom the traffic go everyone crunching every bit of power in their engines to get ahead and also to avoid the next red! but ahead ones stay ahead in such scenarios if driven the required way. I too made a run for it same did the beamer--->>>>>>>>>
The beamer was left behind till I reached 50 km/hr but after that he slowly caught up with me (at around 60-65) and then again I lagged due to the limits. Nothing came close till then after that the beamer guy was nowhere to be found and I was left with the traffic again waiting for another green!

Last edited:

Top Bottom