Yamaha R15 v2 Special Edition: Ownership Review

No i havent taken any TD yet. i will take it soon this weekend. one of my concern is a back seat of r15 which is too high ,i cant take my mom on that. thats not a big issue as my mom comes hardly once r twice to bangalore. I may b foolish to ask this question but still i wanted to get clarified. what difference it makes with disc brakes fr both front and rear?? i just wanted to knw what exactly disc brakes provides over normal drum brakes?? i have used disc brakes in 125cc honda shine bt still i wanted to know the answer for this basic question

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #77
Well buddy r15 back seat is not suited for ladies until and unless they can sit with cross legs. But it's not that bad for short drives and city drives.

Now coming to your disc brake question:
Disc brake provides much shorter stopping distances.

They cool of faster than drum brakes when they are used too frequently.

Also drum brakes can get locked in case of a hard braking or under wet conditions hence making the vehicle skid.

Thread Starter #78
Time for some pics of our R15 V2. So far our R15 has completed 3771 kms and i am happy to say without any niggles. [clap]

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

These are the No. plates which are currently used in NCR region.
IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

Thread Starter #82
Got the 3rd service done and the bike has completed 4000 kms and no niggles so far. [:)]
SERVICE DETAILS:
Engine oil – changed
Engine Oil filter – changed

Total Bill - Rs 650

No i havent taken any TD yet...i will take it soon this weekend...one f my concern is a back seat of r15 which is too high ,i cant take my mom on that...thats not a big issue as my mom comes hardly once r twice to bangalore...I may b foolish to ask this question but still i wanted to get clarified...what difference it makes with disc brakes fr both front nd rear??..i just wanted to knw what exactly disc brakes provides over normal drum brakes??...i have used disc brakes in 125cc honda shine bt still i wanted to knw the answer for this basic question
Did you take the TD?

Not yet bro. i am planning to book in march 1 or 2 nd week. my only concern about R15 is its pillion ride seat. i am thinking whether to go for Honda CBR 150R only because of it pillion ride. any sujjestion from your side??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks buddy and the FE on highways is around 45-47 and city around 40.

Congrats buddy.

I have been planning to own her for quite sometime, but was pushed back by a friend of mine who said the mileage was 25 in his R15. So i am quite confused after that. ANy ideas regarding the approx mileage of the bike.? If it is really around 40 i dont have to worry a bit i guess.

Thread Starter #85
Congrats buddy.

I have been planning to own her for quite sometime, but was pushed back by a friend of mine who said the mileage was 25 in his R15. So i am quite confused after that. ANy ideas regarding the approx mileage of the bike.? If it is really around 40 i dont have to worry a bit i guess.
Mileage depends on driving style. And our R15 gives us around 45-47 on highways and around 38-40 in city. So 25 is way to less, maybe your friend didnt calculated the mileage properly .

Not yet bro. i am planning to book in march 1 or 2 nd week. my only concern about R15 is its pillion ride seat. i am thinking whether to go for Honda CBR 150R only because of it pillion ride. any sujjestion from your side??

Hi bro.I took the test drive Yesterday.It was realy good.what i felt was it may need couple of days to get used to that riding position and gear system.I am going to book new racing blue color in couple of days.

Thread Starter #87
Hi bro.I took the test drive Yesterday.It was realy good.what i felt was it may need couple of days to get used to that riding position and gear system.I am going to book new racing blue color in couple of days.
Great! And yes it will take few days to get used to the seating position and the handle.
Racing blue is the new color tone that yamaha has introduced right?

Thread Starter #89
How are those MRF tire's holding up ?
Ohh they are great man and they hold up very tight on the road, gravel hence giving you immense confidence while driving and braking because i know the bike will stop and not skid.

I am just loving and enjoying my R15 v2 to fullest. It still has the ability to turn 100'a of heads towards you[;)]

Top Bottom