Yamaha FZ25 - Knight Black

Thread Starter #76
Mild off road video which I found from a trip which I even an year ago.

Camera was mounted on handlebar, initially there was a lot for elevation when climbing.

Thread Starter #77
ODO - 29718 kms
Observed a broken front sprocket, lost 2 teeth. Didn't have suitable tools to repair at home so decided to go to ASC also choose to get service done by them.

Expenses :
1618112802509.png

Observed something quite shocking, they did some thing called "Diesel Wash". Where they applied diesel to every metal surface that exists on the bike including brake disc. Boy ! I was surprised to see how casually they're doing it. When I initially test drove it, Brakes didn't work and smoke was emanating from engine due to diesel layer. I forced them to was the bike again to remove the diesel layer.

I seriously didn't even know how to make them understand that they might actually cause damage to the bike and also might cause an accident in future.

So, that will be the last time i'll ever visit that ASC again.

deville_56

Honoured Member
ODO - 29718 kms

Observed something quite shocking, they did some thing called "Diesel Wash". Where they applied diesel to every metal surface that exists on the bike including brake disc. Boy ! I was surprised to see how casually they're doing it. When I initially test drove it, Brakes didn't work and smoke was emanating from engine due to diesel layer. I forced them to was the bike again to remove the diesel layer.

I seriously didn't even know how to make them understand that they might actually cause damage to the bike and also might cause an accident in future.

So, that will be the last time i'll ever visit that ASC again.
This has been happening at almost all service centers for ages irrespective of brand. After my first service in 2009, encountered the same scene. Applied front brake and bike was still rolling. Diesel fumes adds effect after dark at traffic signals [pig]

hi
I am also in lookout for fz25, pre-worshipped one in Bangalore. Hopefully things will materialize. 4.1k for is bit costly I believe, its almost car service charge. Are prices of spares costly in yamaha.

deville_56

Honoured Member
hi
I am also in lookout for fz25, pre-worshipped one in Bangalore. Hopefully things will materialize. 4.1k for is bit costly I believe, its almost car service charge. Are prices of spares costly in yamaha.
Almost 2.3k adds for the sprocket kit. Most of the O-ring chain sets will cost more than 1.5k including the rubber cushion.

Thread Starter #81
Sold my bike to a friend few months ago.

Bought a new bike i.e, Xpulse 200 (2 valve), sometimes I still miss the quick acceleration of FZN250.

Hopefully Yamaha India launches an FZ25 based Adventure Bike in India (XTZ tenere 250).

hi
2.3K INR is amounts only for sprocket set. Service interval in one every 6 months or 5000 kms whichever is earlier, this make ownership cost on lower side when compared to most motorcycles.
If you're willing to do DIY's it'll make any motorcycle every cheaper to own.

Even, I bought a FZ25 and sold in 2 months, home minister didn't approve of it and daughter didn't like it. I bought it with an impulsive decision, but made good of it. Luckily, I sold it for neat little 2k profit. [thumbsup]

Probably, will go for bullet, still not sure, my running is too less to own a vehicle due to work from home.

Hi,
Yamaha FZ25 is one of the good bikes in Indian Bike scene, If anyone looking for easy city bike (5 Speed gearbox is a boon - No need to shift gears often) and good initial pickup, FZ25 serves the purpose.

In Highway, its bit tough to maintain good speeds as its only associated with 5 speed gearbox.
80 to 100 kmph can be done and above that engine is over stressed.

Top Bottom