Yamaha FZ25 - Knight Black

Thread Starter #61
4 th service done ! Total cost = 2282 INR. Asked him to pour OEM oil only to notice difference from aftermarket ones.
Things done :
- Oil and filter changed
- Fork oil replacement
- Swing arm greasing
- Triple T and front end torquing
- General Service

Thread Starter #62
Installed a New Battery today, OEM one died pretty quickly IMHO.
- Amaron Pro Rider ETZ-7, 6A 12v 10hr 48 months warranty, 1270 INR after buyback
- Spark plug NGK/DR8EA, 208 INR

Thread Starter #63
Got new tires for the bike, stock ones didn't feel confident on low traction condition.So chose to get a new one, short listed MRF Masseter. Front 110/70 and Rear 140/70.

Initial Observations :
- Grip was unconditionally far better than stock tires.
- Confidence for cornering increased.
- No more handlebar wobble at high speeds.
- Rear wheel is not locking up that easily.

Hi, I have a 2017 FZ 25, recently I am gettiing an issue where the bike's ignition goes off at low rpms, even when idling sometimes.
It gets worse after using for a while when the temperature of the bike increaces.
I had recently changed the chain sprocket, air filter, oil filter but still the issue exists

Has anyone faced this issue ?

Hi, I have a 2017 FZ 25, recently I am gettiing an issue where the bike's ignition goes off at low rpms, even when idling sometimes.
I am facing this problem with my Yamaha SZ RR 2.0 since day 1 from July 2017. I tried a lot to fix this issue with company service center and with outside service center, but no luck.

Now I am happily adjusted with that issue and using the bike only for my office commute. Cant trust my bike for long rides.

I will never recommend Yamaha to any one.

Thread Starter #67
Has anyone faced this issue ?
Ideal Idling value is 1300-1500rpm, by what you are saying it should be at 1100-1200rpm so increase it a little bit.
I am facing this problem with my Yamaha SZ RR 2.0 since day 1 from July 2017
Try to increase idling value little by little and check whether it stall or not.
I tried a lot to fix this issue with company service center and with outside service center, but no luck.
You should have escalated directly to company via email. They'll be forced to resolve this.
I will never recommend Yamaha to any one.
Factors like this depends a lot on ASC, one's skill, expectations and other factors . I personally prefer Yamaha, KTM & Kawasaki over brands like Honda, Suzuki, Hero and Bajaj.

Last edited:
I observed the RPM after reading your post, it is hovering around 1000 - 1100 RPM, so increasing this alone will help ??

Thread Starter #70
5th service update :
ODO - 19368
Cost - 2166 INR
Things done : Engine oil, Oil filter, Air filter, Chain adjustment and cleaning, Swing arm greasing.
Avg FE : 34.3 kmpl
Previous FE : 32.5 kmpl

Thread Starter #71
Went on a small trip, 552kms in total. Bike was able to handle everything with ease.Issue was with the gust, since bike has lower kerb weight gust wind was pushing at speeds of 90+kmph. Avg FE was around 36kmpl.

Attachments

Thread Starter #72
Finally completed 25K kms. It’s been a fun ride in the 2.5 years ! Looking back, I’m happy that I made the right choice of owning this bike

IMG_0863.jpg

Positives :
  • Initial pull.
  • Overall better FE (34.5kmpl avg of 20500kms) than competition.
  • Alive and vibey engine, stayed true to it’s heritage (XT250).
  • comfy ride seat.
  • Well planned rider’s triangle.
Negatives :
  • ASC is pretty much useless. No clue about FZ25 at all.
  • Headlight is bad and high beam is pretty much useless.
  • Instrument Console should have been better.
  • Wished we got the same paint scheme as Brazil.

Finally I would like to thank the ASC’s located near me, made me to realise that DIY is better for my bike than service from ASC.

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Finally I would like to thank the ASC’s located near me, made me to realise that DIY is better for my bike than service from ASC.
My original dealer taught me the same 10 years back, but the second dealer was better and approachable during emergencies. Four different dealers with 10 sales/service/spare outlets plus 2-3 independent OE spare dealers within city limits, made things easy with Yamaha [angel]

What I felt missing in FZ25 was the sixth gear and proper lighting. Even in my FZ16 I always wished it had one more gear.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #75
6th service update (DIY) :

ODO : 26,422 kms
Avg FE : 34.6 kmpl
Best FE : 40.7 kmpl
Recent FE : 33.7 kmpl

This was just basic service i.e, Engine oil & oil filter change. Just as an experiment I mixed 800ml of Yamalube with 600ml of Mobil 1 super moto, just to see how it effect the bike.

Top Bottom