Yamaha FZ25 - Knight Black

Thread Starter #31
What is the cost of Entire Chain Set replacement? Also if you know the price of the Chain Cam Tensioner, Timing Chain, SHIM replacement (all 4) and to Service & Labour Charge to carry this Job at Yamaha Authorized ASC.
Chain kit might be around 1500/-
timing chain around 400/-
Tensioner assembly 380/-
no idea of shim. Since its a labour intensive job, it might take around 4-5hrs, at 1000/hr (max, idk clearly of this).

Thread Starter #32
There is a factory recall for all FZ25 sold in India. This is regarding utilising Locklite to head bolts of engine and re-torques all bolts.

Issues yet to be solved by Yamaha (IMHO)-
1. Headlight output
2. Headlight assembly vibration especially instrument cluster.

Attachments

Thread Starter #33
ODO crossed 7100kms as on today. FE was around 37kmpl with 100% city traffic riding.

Bought new air filter and oil filter. Switched oil to Shell Advance Ultra 4T @Rs 778/L.

Thread Starter #34
ODO - 7500km

On march 10, was riding bike and observed some shiny reflective ring on fork cover boot. It was fork oil which leaked due to damage of oil seal. Had to cancel ride and head back home.

Went to service center and asked them for oil seal, as usual they said "Out of Stock Sir, will call you once the stock arrives". Got pissed off and went to another service center and SA casually told me that they have oil seal in stock and sice its already afternoon they wont be able to finish it by evening considering the amount of vehicle came for service and asked me to leave my bike on monday.

Went home in hope that it would be solved by monday.

IMG_1024.JPG

On 12th march went to SC at 10am went to service center and told him to add Motul 20W fork oil instead of Yamalube 10W (G10) fork oil as I prefer stiffer suspension. Surprisingly SA agreed to it and replaced oil seal. Since other oil seal was good they informed me that they'll be replacing only one (i asked to replace both oil seal).

Motul 20W costs 480INR (6 bottles of 175ml each)
Oil seal - 250 INR
Labour+GST - 220 INR

IMG_1045.JPG

Thread Starter #35
Current ODO = 8000+kms
Last Observed FE = 35.2 KMPL (100% City)

Observation after using heavier fork oil :
- Thud noise disappeared when ridden over speed breakers.
- Damping in quite good but on bad road one might feel slight stiffness.
- Had to drive extra careful on wet roads due to probability of loss of traction.
- Front feels planted during turning.

Thread Starter #36
Third Service Update :
ODO : 9599kms
FE (before service): 32.4kmpl
avg FE : 34.9kmpl

Issues before service :
- Handle bar wobbling at 67kmph+ speed.
- Backfire when using engine braking.
- Infamous ticking noise.
- Sudden cut-off from FI.

Items : Engine oil + Oil filter

Total Cost of service : 793INR

Thread Starter #37
10,000 KM UPDATE :
Motorcycle crossed 10K kms recently. Over all i'm pretty happy with my purchase. Engine still feels like new, still puts smile on face due to low end torque. Bike took me to places where pulsar's and RE's [except himalayan] struggled a lot. Felts easy to navigate through rocky terrain.

However I'm totally disappointed with service quality from Yamaha dealerships in Mysore,KA. Apart from basic stuff they won't do anything much even with issue mentioned before service.

last FE : 40.1 kmpl

avg. FE (tracked km) : 34.9 kmpl

Tracked Km : 6554km

Total Service cost : 3884 INR [1,2,3 sevice + fork seal repair]

avg. price/km : 2.118 INR

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39
I met with an accident when I was riding my motorcycle on ring road.
A mini truck took a sudden U-turn when I was behind it on adjacent lance, tried to control but due to wet road rear locked up and was skidding. My speed was around 60KMPH.

What pissed me off is that he took u turn and went off. [anger]

Aftermath :
- Left fork tube bent near top clamp.
- Few scratches on trims.
- Left shoulder rotator cuff tear and leg sprain.
(impact was minimal since i was wearing jacket and gloves)

Attachments

I met with an accident when I was riding my motorcycle on ring road.
Woww! That was some stupid driving by the trucker. Hope you're safe now.

Thanks for keeping the thread updated with your experience. I too own a FZ25 and it has close to 7k on the odo. No issues/niggles so far (touchwood). Will follow this thread closely and use it as a common platform to exchange information.

Cheers!

Thread Starter #41
It's been a year since I bought the bike and ODO is at 10,824 km. I'm pretty happy with it as a product except few niggles and headlight which I hope to change it in future. Hope Yamaha India's service technical knowledge increase in future as I am not satisfied with service quality where I live.
Many ASC's are robbing customer doing un-necessary works which increase ASC's profit. So all owners please be vary of this.

I appreciate Yamaha India regarding pricing of parts & spares [clap]. It's cheap man, I mean like repairing at external mechanics costs as much as 80% of new part. I would rather prefer replacing parts at that price.

Eg : Fork inner tube costs 1248 INR !!!! External Mechanics take 1K INR just for removing bend and with additional 248INR i can get a new inner tube only.

Woww! That was some stupid driving by the trucker. Hope you're safe now.
Recovered completely and back to galavanting with my bike.

Thanks for keeping the thread updated with your experience. I too own a FZ25 and it has close to 7k on the odo. No issues/niggles so far (touchwood). Will follow this thread closely and use it as a common platform to exchange information.
Awesome ! Please feel free to post pictures and your experience/opinions on his thread.

Thread Starter #44
are you still sticking with stock RVMs or have you changed to any other ones?
Yup, Adjusted the attachment and RVM as per my viewing angles and eliminated Blind-spot to maximum extent.

Bro, Did you choose extended warranty ?
If yes, did you get Protection Plus booklet ? It has 3 free services again after 2 years.

Last edited:
krishna6239 said:
Yup, Adjusted the attachment and RVM as per my viewing angles and eliminated Blind-spot to maximum extent.
Great, I'm thinking of fixing Duke's RVMs. Already have Pulsar's RVM and not satisfied with it.

krishna6239 said:
Bro, Did you choose extended warranty ?
If yes, did you get Protection Plus booklet ? It has 3 free services again after 2 years.
Yes Krishna, I've opted for the extended warranty and got the Protection Plus booklet. Though I was not given the booklet at the time of delivery, I got it when I went to collect the RC.

Btw, any plans for headlight upgrade?

Cheers!

Top Bottom