Yamaha Fazer Review & Pictures

good report buddy, but i would say with the fair kerb weight,and its on road price yamaha should have offered more powerful engine on this bike rather then 150cc to compete with better oponents like p220,karizma,apache 180.

Nice review with reports Akash & Vibhor.
I have driven this bike, You feel as if driving a racing bike.

And on road price here in Bangalore is 84,112/-

But this bike is not for me, Its was a bit cramped for me to ride this bike.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
You feel as if driving a racing bike.
That is a bit strange.

Yamaha is actually marketing this bike as a tourer.

Even their tagline says "The touring spirit is here"

And if you feel this is a racy bike, I really wonder what you will feel on the R15. [lol]

That is a bit strange.

Yamaha is actually marketing this bike as a tourer.

Even their tagline says "The touring spirit is here"

And if you feel this is a racy bike, I really wonder what you will feel on the R15. [lol]

I mentioned that the feeling gives you are sitting on a race bike.
The same with R15, not riding specs i am mentioning here.
The R15 has slim tyres .[thumbsdown]

AMG

Suspended
@ Mukeshus

The R15 and the Fazer both have different riding ergonomics.

And the difference is not only of the tyre.

Go and TD them if you dont believe me.

And from where did the tyres come into the argument?

FYI, R15 has soft compound rubber.

Go grab a Bike India issue.

R15 beat the pulsar 220(which has thick tyres) around a track.

And it was applauded for its grip and chasis.

@ AMG: problem is, you form a stern opinion on something after reading reviews from magazines. Dont limit yourself to mags. dont rely on them for reviews or knowledge.

What mukesh has written here is his personal riding experience & not what some mags claim. and even i feel, Fazer or FZ16 is better than R15 for various reasons. but lets not get into that.

R15 beats the P220 on the track, true. thats because it has got superior handling. but how often do you ride on the track? what about real roads & traffic conditions? P220 beats the R15 by 1 second in 0-60 kmph. bhp talks dude! R15 has got top end performance & a very weak bottom end, which is fine on the track but not on indian roads!

AMG

Suspended
@ raj

All I said was(in good humour) that Fazer is supposed to have a relaxed riding position.
If you feel riding a racing bike on Fazer, what will you feel after riding a R15?

But my dear friend Mukesh took it a little too seriously and took it to his heart, it seems.

And do you disagree with any point above in my post?

and lets continue the R15 VS 220 discussion here.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/2331-best-indian-performance-bike.html

Hey AMG you got it all wrong. Mukesh was just mentioning the seating and riding position on a Fazer is like a racing bike , nothing to do with performance.

And why do disagree a 5/5 on engine? The engine must have been refined and smooth with decent performance thats why a 5/5.

deville_56

Honoured Member
View attachment 10427

Fuel Efficiency figures data may cause a let down for some, because Yamaha Fazer manages to return an average fuel efficiency figure of 40kmpl, which is low for a 150cc bike. And to answer the question is higher Kerb weight, but if you are a rev lover, then be ready to drain in most your bucks for feeding its hungry fuel tank.
FZ series of bikes are actually lighter than even the Unicorn with kerb weight 141 for Fazer and 149 for Unicorn respectively. FZ engines are basically meant for city ride only and Yamaha marketed Fazer as a touring bike. It's not at all good for touring. Engine is superb in low and mid range, but looses grunt in the high-rpm range. Fazer actually required a 180 or + cc mill. I very much felt the bike is overpriced. For 6k more you can get a ZMA-R, which has got the real touring spirit. I did 220+ km in a stretch and the result was sore butt [anger]. It struggles after the 80 kmph. But the engine is one of the best in terms of refinement [though not as refined as Honda mills]. An additional ratio could have solved the issue.

Mileage is solely dependent on luck and how you ride the bike. In every forum, everyone is craving for 30+ mileage, but at ASC I have met many riders with 45+ mileage in stock condition. Even I am getting 55+ sometimes and 35 other time and 45-50 most of the time.

Last edited:
another great review with great pics. Fazer is looker with sports bike genes but priced too high for 150cc bike and maybe yamaha tag! but all in all IMHO its good choice instead of pricey R15..

@ raj

All I said was(in good humour) that Fazer is supposed to have a relaxed riding position.
If you feel riding a racing bike on Fazer, what will you feel after riding a R15?

But my dear friend Mukesh took it a little too seriously and took it to his heart, it seems.[shock]

And do you disagree with any point above in my post?

and lets continue the R15 VS 220 discussion here.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/2331-best-indian-performance-bike.html
AMG i never took it seriously.
I just posted from my experience after riding the bike.

AMG

Suspended
Re: Yamaha Fazer Road Test Review

thus, it won’t be an injustice either, if we call this bike not suitable for long highway cruise with constant stretch greater than odd 120 Kilometers.

Now thats a real pity.

Yamaha has been marketing the bike as a sports tourer.

Hi friends,

I got my WHITE BEAUTY after a long wait, actually i wanted to buy this bike from last 3 years but my parents wants another bike, On July 2012 my parents get agree with my choice and booked my bike on August 2012 and Yesterday I got the delivery of MY WHITE BEAUTY..!!

Really I am so Happy!

Guys my PARENTS full fill my biggest dream of my life!!

I LOVE MY PARENTS SOOOOO MUCH!!

Now I am the proud owner of my WHITE BEAUTY!! [:D]

Attachments

Top Bottom