Yamaha Fazer 25 Launched in India

Thread Starter #1
yamaha-fazer-25_827x510_51503305958.jpg
India Yamaha Motor has launched the new Yamaha Fazer 25, at a price of ₹ 1,29,335lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The Yamaha Fazer 25 is a full-faired version of Yamaha's 250 cc naked, the Yamaha FZ25, and shares several components and cycle parts with the FZ25. The biggest difference is aesthetic, with the front fairing and slightly different tail section. The Fazer 25 is available in twodifferent colours and bike will be available on sale at Yamaha dealerships from September 2017. The Fazer 25 is expected to have a range of 600 km with its 14-litre fuel tank and a claimed fuel efficiency of 43 kmpl.

Some other differences between the Fazer 25 and the FZ25 are dual horns, newly positioned pilot lamps, a different material for the seat and the fairing itself, of course. We've already ridden the Yamaha FZ25 and it comes across as a very good package in the entry-level performance motorcycle segment, offering a motorcycle that is a very capable do-it-all bike, for the daily commute, weekend rides and even for occasional touring. The ergonomics and seating position remain the same as the FZ25, but the addition of the fairing lends the Yamaha Fazer 25 decent touring credentials for long hours on the highway. The Yamaha Fazer 25 competes with the Bajaj Pulsar RS200 and the Hero Karizma ZMR.

Source: NDTV

Re: Yamaha launches Fazer 25 in India.

Ugly Looking Front Headlight - Wish Yamaha Redesign it, Twin or Proportionate to match the fairing...but they push FZ25 headlamp into this. Ruin the looks of it.

Also now useless DRL for Indian Bikes as all BS4 Bikes got always ON Head Lamp.

Last edited:
Re: Yamaha launches Fazer 25 in India.

I will probably wait for v2. This one is not good looking. Seems like an over design. T he design is very busy at the front and it is not to my liking.

Last edited:
Even the Pulsar RS 200 and the Hero Karizma ZMR looks neat than the Fazer 25.
The RS 200 is overdone but looks good especially from front but the latest Karizma is as fugly as hell.

Coming back to Fazer, the ugly DRLs have made the bike look ugly in what otherwise would have been a good looking one. Also lack of ABS even as an option is disappointing. Also Yamaha has too much underpowered its bikes to achieve more FE. This produces just 20.7bhp which is too low for 250cc. Infact even lesser than most 200s. Fazer 150 was also similarly detuned to 13bhp making it the least poweful 150cc bike.

Thread Starter #7
but the latest Karizma is as fugly as hell.
Karizma may look fugly, but it is more neater than any other racing machines without many lines and creases. And it sure does look taller at front than any racing machines which is a plus while doing speeds of above 100 Kmph. I have experienced it while TD the new Karizma ZMR past 100 Kmph. And the engine can do much more speeds but as it was TD vehicle i didn't want to go further. But it can cruise comfortably at 100 Kmph everyday.

Also lack of ABS even as an option is disappointing. Also Yamaha has too much underpowered its bikes to achieve more FE. This produces just 20.7bhp which is too low for 250cc. Infact even lesser than most 200s. Fazer 150 was also similarly detuned to 13bhp making it the least poweful 150cc bike.
We Indians accept whatever the automobile manufacturers make so there is no one to question the safety, effective service quality, and VFM of a vehicle. The power might be low but a good FE can be expected to munch more miles without a pit stop to fuel stations.

We Indians accept whatever the automobile manufacturers make so there is no one to question the safety, effective service quality, and VFM of a vehicle. The power might be low but a good FE can be expected to munch more miles without a pit stop to fuel stations.
I totally agree with you sir.

I really wished they came with ABS, its really beyond me why the bike manufacturers are not at all safety conscious. Only when the Govt. implements the rules they rush to get things done just to comply with the rules.

The consumers are only fed with either mileage, power or style in all their ads but almost none of the companies bring out the awareness and importance of safety.

Top Bottom