• Xylo E8 with ABS

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Grande EX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grande GX

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
i know its a no-brainer that the innova is easily the best in the segment.

but the point is, which is a better option if you are on a tight budget?

now, the innova E comes for 7.73 lakhs but without power steering, power windows, no three row AC & with black bumpers/mirrors/door handles. the one with PS comes at 7.99 lakhs.

for a lesser price (7.31L), we get the xylo E6 with all the bells & whistles & for marginally more amount, you get the top end E8 for 7.82 lakhs. add ABS & the price goes to 7.99 lakhs.

the grande EX with PS, PW & roof mounted AC costs 6.96 lakhs & the top end GX costs 7.66 lakhs.

so if you STRICTLY had a budget of 7-8 lakhs, what will be your choice?

1) innova E with PS - 7.99L
2) Xylo E6 - 7.31L
3) Xylo top end E8 WITH ABS -7.99L
4) Grande EX- 6.96L
5) Grande GX- 7.66L

My wife drives an Innova, so am a fan of that, but I have realized one thing, it is always best to go for the top end version of any model.
As such, I would plumb for the Xylo Top End.

Under the given situation considering the tight budget i would opt for the Xylo top-end model! Grande no way because already fed up with TATA A.S.S and not a better idea to go for Innova base model where you get all the more features in a Xylo at the same price!!
Innova maybe more comfortable and A.S.S of Toyota maybe better but still i would prefer Xylo with ABS model only , simple reason VFM!!

But if i had a bigger budget i would go for the Innova top model only in this segment!![:D]

I think Xylo top-end should be the choice.
Though i personally like Grande also, but keeping all the things in perspective, Xylo top end E8 WITH ABS, is my choice also.

I voted for Xylo E8 with ABS!

Personally have driven all the cars. Xylo is the best out of lot.

If looks can be digested, then its a highly VFM product. Lot of features & best in class spacing.

Second comes Grande & Innova is last in my list.

Yes Raj!

Its true. Almost 99% of the crowd will prefer features & comfort in an MUV.

Xylo scores 95/100 in that terms & its easily a known winner :)

yeah naturally xylo has all the best at low price.

An innova top model cost 12L but a xylo cost around 8 with all features.

But my inner voice says , vote for grande , man , its a tata product , i can maintain everything myself[lol] , i am a good mechanic too. and it look more sturdy/macho

Still now i haven't voted anything , will do it soon

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Requirements Matters.

All three mentioned cars have a potential of their own and could serve perfect on their place but what it all depends upon is the requirement. Recently, I had a great experience with Sumo Grande MK-II and I must admit that it is far more improved than the earlier models of Sumo which we used to have.

The leg room in the last row is simply amazing which I’ve not yet seen in another car of class, Also thanks to the rugged SUV like stance and body structure which promises in every moment to perform best on worst conditions, where as in comparison cars like Innova and Xylo don’t speak same even if they offer so.

However, if I’m more interested in the luxury and looks can be ignored once it would be the feature laden E8 version of Xylo but if priority are looks and status, long live the Innova.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You are correct Vibhor. Sumo Grande MKII is definitly one of the best SUVs. But I hate 2 things about it.

(1) Security. Look at the size of the vehicle and the security features. All you have is the macho size to protect you! There is no ABS or electronic stability assistance for breaking. If MKII had this feature, I would have certainly selected MKII over the milk van looking Xylo.

(2) Why did TATA added 'Sumo' to the name? They should called it Grande [;)] !!

Jokes apart, TATA is really coming up with good models. However, they have to focus on the security features as well. IMO, one can compromise on luxury features, but not on security.

I think ARIA will create a real impact and will give a hit to other big boys [thumbsup] The effect of that will be better products from other manufactures.

Top Bottom