XUV 500 Ownership Experience - The Rouge Dumanator

Yes, Singh ji.. It's quite the Similar case with our RD. Since dad stays away due to his office, i keep myself occupied with my bike (aka - DESTINY). So it's only on Some of the week-ends when the RD gets out to take us to a resturant or to Any of our relatives..
That's a good practice and this is what my brother does with DRACO.

Takes it out for a short spin once or twice a week.

Thread Starter #51
Just saw the new ad of the Mahindra vehicles (live young)... the XUV really stays out from all the other mahindras...
Massively sexy!!

superb pics buddy and its seems you have really enjoyed your Nainital trip with your RED beast there. Red looks more hot in XUV than white to me.

Since you have covered lot of ghat roads with your XUV by now and would like to here from you on your experience of XUV so far buddy[:)]

I guess you mean the front suspension when you talk about the chassis, if yes check your steering stabiliser bushes - time for the new design ones. [:)]

no, iam not referring to suspension, its the wobble felt in the cabin (more under the seats) while hard acceleration from slow speeds more so in 2nd gear. it totally disappears after vehicle picks up speed. its something like a shudder. one feels as if the vehicle is not able to handle the sudden surge of power kind if a feeling. pls if anyone can suggest something???

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr.Roshan Kumar,

I felt something similar under exactly the same circumstances, hard acceleration in 2nd gear. It was just for a brief second as I lifted off accelerator immediately. I did not try it again as it involves hard acceleration and I'm still in run in period. It doesn't show up during normal driving.

When was your XUV manufactured ? Wonder if it is a new problem.

no, iam not referring to suspension, its the wobble felt in the cabin (more under the seats) while hard acceleration from slow speeds more so in 2nd gear. it totally disappears after vehicle picks up speed. its something like a shudder. one feels as if the vehicle is not able to handle the sudden surge of power kind if a feeling. pls if anyone can suggest something???
I just felt that the 2nd gear felt very tight at the beginning and it is opening up nicely. I haven't felt any jolts yet during acceleration. When you say hard acceleration what rpm are you at?

Beautiful pictures and a great vehicle Shibadip. Wish you a lot more miles of happy motoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #59
Sorry for the late reply everyone..
Nope, have never felt Any such thing..
Even at the hils (Upwards) tried to build up speeds with 3rd gear engaged, but never felt such thing as you mention..

Take this problem up with the SVC.
However the one thing that i have noticed is that if i want to build up instant speed (i.e instantly pressing the accelerator to the fullest) form a lower speed : gear ratio then there is a slight "kirr kirr" sound form the engine, and NOTE it's not Engine Knocking..
I just felt that the 2nd gear felt very tight at the beginning and it is opening up nicely. I haven't felt any jolts yet during acceleration. When you say hard acceleration what rpm are you at?

Beautiful pictures and a great vehicle Shibadip. Wish you a lot more miles of happy motoring.
Thanks mate..
Form the day we brough home our RD, the 2nd and the 3rd gear Surprisingly felt SCARILY FAST.... Had a hard time adjusting my driving practice to match up with the Car..
What happens is whenever i engage 2nd/3rd gear, and release the clutch, the vehicle picks up speed like mad. (NOTE - JUST by release of the clutch,WITHOUT even touching the accelerator pedal!!!!!!)
However, the 1st gear seems to be quite tight. Even the engine braking seems to be much more if I release the Accelerator pedal in the 1st gear (As compared to 2nd/3rd gear)

Shibadip awesome pics , you and your parents and your RD all look great . Seems you enjoyed the trip a lot .
The red xuv indeed looks hot .

Top Bottom