Xenons and Horn Replacement For Hyundai Verna Fluidic

Thread Starter #16

verna

Suspended
Changed the stock headlamps to Philips Diamond Vision 5000 K.(Good light)
Changed the Parking lamps to Philips Ultinon LED 6700 K. (Amazing light [:)])

Now, fog-lamps remain and have somehow managed to get the replacement light with the dealer but he only has yellow light and of the same wattage H27W/1 12059 12V 27W [anger]...
He said he can fit Crystal vision H11 55 W bulbs in the fog lamps but will have to file the holder of the bulbs a bit and I was not too excited with the proposition.
Aren't there any Philips replacement lights of the same specification H27W/1 12059 12V 27W offering white light and of a higher wattage(same wattage will do too) or any other brand offering replacement lights of the specification H27W/1 12059 12V 27W ?

With white headlamps and LED parking lamps, yellow low wattage fog-lamps are looking dull :(

Thanks and cheers !

Thread Starter #20

verna

Suspended
I am still waiting for the pics of your car with Philips Dimond Visons!!![roll]
Sorry... Sorry, and sorry again !!!
I'll be doing it today. I wanted to post the pics taken by my digicam. A friend has borrowed it and gone out of town.[sad]
Anyway,I'll surely take the pics today with my cellphone and post them for you...
[:)]

Thread Starter #21

verna

Suspended
I am still waiting for the pics of your car with Philips Dimond Visons![roll]
Tried clicking the diamond visions now. not coming clear due to daylight.
I'll take click the snaps and upload them at 4-5 pm-ish.
both diamond vision and LEDs[thumbsup].

Last edited by a moderator:
So finally you have upgraded your lights! I am waiting for the pictures and perhaps you can start a new ownership report too with few pictures.

Thread Starter #25

verna

Suspended
Hey! To inform you guys the latest , I've found out the specifications and will be going in for the fitment around 1st week of July.
(1) H4 Bi-Xenon Philips HID Kit (For Upper and Dipper)
(2) H11 HID Philips Kit (For Fogs)

Was enquiring at some places today, they said Projectors for New Verna Fluidic not available in the market.[confused] Will check again. If projectors are there, will invest on a good H4 Bi-Xenon fitment with projectors, else will go for Bi-Xenons and HiD fogs !
And, yeah. was checking out the engine bay of Verna Fluidic. the whole thing seems to be really packed TIGHT. Will there be place for 4 ballasts by any chance if I go for the HID fog fitment too? I could see only a bit of space on either sides of the engine bay!

[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #26

verna

Suspended
Take your sweet time buddy![thumbsup] Also do share the costs of the bulbs and the Leds.
Not got my camera back dude !! Tried with my blackberry bold but wasn't that clear(you can't make out the LED&beams that clearly). will surely come better with a Digicam.

And yeah, getting back to the cost,
Philips Diamond Vision 5000K - 900/- (marked price 1000/-)
Philips Philips Ultinon 6700 K LED - 1400/- (marked price 1600/-)
Hella Black Trumpet - 1200/-(marked price 1350/-)

I got all these cheaper because bought all these from the distributors. was a bit difficult because they hesitate in selling single pieces, BUT ANYTHING FOR CAR SWEET CAR[thumbsup]

Its better to buy from the distributor because its surely genuine(some car shops sometimes,not always,unknowingly sell the fakes).

Whoa Hella horns costs Rs.1200? I think i bought my Bosch for Rs.550! Is the Hella better than Bosch? If its so then next time my horn goes kaput i will go ahead with Hella![thumbsup]

Thread Starter #28

verna

Suspended
Whoa Hella horns costs Rs.1200? I think i bought my Bosch for Rs.550! Is the Hella better than Bosch? If its so then next time my horn goes kaput i will go ahead with Hella![thumbsup]
Never heard Bosch Symphony but certainly I would recommend Hella if you would ask me for a comparison with ROOTS.. Much better than ROOTS. Have ROOTS in my Scorpio.
The Hella sound is much richer,smoother,and deeper and soothing [;)] than ROOTS !
Hella is sounds "exactly" like the VW,BMW,Skoda Horns.

Go ahead with Hella next time dude! Its GOOD [thumbsup]

Cheers !!

Hey! To inform you guys the latest , I've found out the specifications and will be going in for the fitment around 1st week of July.
(1) H4 Bi-Xenon Philips HID Kit (For Upper and Dipper)
(2) H11 HID Philips Kit (For Fogs)

Was enquiring at some places today, they said Projectors for New Verna Fluidic not available in the market.[confused] Will check again. If projectors are there, will invest on a good H4 Bi-Xenon fitment with projectors, else will go for Bi-Xenons and HiD fogs !
And, yeah. was checking out the engine bay of Verna Fluidic. the whole thing seems to be really packed TIGHT. Will there be place for 4 ballasts by any chance if I go for the HID fog fitment too? I could see only a bit of space on either sides of the engine bay!

[thumbsup]
I am again saying you dont go for HIDs before projectors. We get H4 bolt on projectors which can be fitted to any car with H4 bulb. These projectors uses some other bulb format other than H4; so simply wasting money on H4 HIDs is not a good decision.
Check out this thread and pages after:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...re-parts/1624-xenons-hid-lamps-thread-13.html

Secondly I have got H4 HIDs for my DZire thinking the same thing that later I will upgrade to projectors; but projectors don't take in H4 bulb. They take other configuration like D2S, something like that.[confused]

If you want; go for the complete bolt-on projector with Hids setup.[thumbsup]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...p3t3rs-crystal-white-i10-kappa2-sportz-5.html

Thread Starter #30

verna

Suspended
@ gears1313 I agree with you dude ! But I am not getting the projectors [sad] Where can I get the bolt-on projectors from and how much do they cost? Don't even mind buying them from the internet !!! And yeah, as you said, if they use some other bulb format than H4, than how many bulbs will be used ? Like in the Philips HID conversion Kit( a pair of bulbs )..

Is it easy to install Bolt-on projectors ? How is it fixed ? Is the entire reflector setting junked or are bolt-on projectors just popped onto the reflectors along with the bulbs ??
Which brand will be available ?
Yes, sure I want the Complete Bolt-on projector for HID setup.

And yes, I want 3000K HIDs for fogs.... Where can I get them ? Which brand ?

Top Bottom