Would You Buy Back Your Old Car or Bike if it Comes Up for Sale?

Thread Starter #1
I guess most of you must have sold your old car or bike after upgrading to something better. But sometimes you wish you hadn't. Or maybe you had no choice. But now the guy who bought wants to sell it. Would you buy it back? I just got thinking about this as the guy who bough my Uno told me he's not using the car anymore. This was my first car and I have a lot of fond memories. I was just wondering if I should ask him to sell it back to me. The car is still in good condition. Besides it was a fun car to drive unlike the i10 that I have now.

well it depends on my current financial situation. if i think i can run another car then sure. though i also want to buy back my old Toyota Soluna. It was a rare thing. Only 2 in thailand that were white. the other one was my best friend's. i used to see it around the city a few times but now not seeing it. i hope its not scraped.

I would buy back my old RX 135 5 speeder. Last time I saw it, It was in a sorry state and I had spent a fortune on it. Have no idea where it is now.

Well, it totally depends if I know how the owner has kept it. If not, then I'll give it a pass, though with a heavy heart.

freakdude.

+1 if i know buyer closely and my financial condition is good i will re buy.

PS : i not sold my any vehicle yet.

@ P3T3R - from looking your signature u really love Fiat i will say buy it again :)

My Innova is just about one-fourth kms away from my home.And whenever i see her,I just find her shining and doing her duty.
The owner is happy with the car despite of its mileage of 1.08 lac kms,but if he sells it back then I'll definitely buy it.I have dreamt to make her odo turn 111111 and 222222 in my hands only.Before Corolla it was my personal car and had always kept me very happy.In fact it had made many memorable trips with me and amazingly never ever let me down in her 60k(32k was done by father) kms journey in my hands.

Last edited:
My dad had purchased an Opel Astra after i had taken a liking towards it seeing an ad(also leading football teams had Opel on there jerseys then),so something i realize now is that i use to decide the cars in the family since childhood.Well that Opel cost a fortune in 1997 i imagine & that car was one of Stanley leathers first customers(nice huh,hated the smell though) & cost 40,000 then if i remember right,
but things took a turn for the nasty my mom wanted to help her best friend who was in trouble & had given the car papers to her to help her get some loan without my dads knowledge,so that lady dint pay up & our car was surety,dad had no idea & he was not in town,on learning so he was upset & did not bother with the car.
I saw the car again in 2005,it had a small spoiler ,dark tints & some unappealing wheels ,i knew Astras go for around 1 lakh then but alot of things had changed in my mind thanks to that car & the instances that followed it,
I/we do not prefer cars with black shade considering its bad luck & stopped choosing car numb which goes in decreasing order or has least numb in the end.

But most of all it taught me never put your heart where your brain is !!!

So No i would not buy back my cars atleast the ones sold until now.Except our old 1987 Van!

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on 3 conditions,
1) Current condition of the vehicle
2) My requirement
3) Vitamin 'M'

If the condition of car / bike is good and I am in a need of additional vehicle and if my pocket is heavy enough to buy it back, definitely I would get it back.

This is tricky question ?

Practically speaking, I love my first car and bike as well, but i cant keep it for life time because its like i am very much fond with my primary school teacher and i like him and respect him alot because of that i cannot go back to primary school at 25+ years age right?

similarly i purchased TVS 50 or maruthi 800 long back because my budget, my purpose and family size {3 or 4 members } that is the right vehicle but now my income is increased, and the same TVS 50 or maruthi 800 cant server my purpose and now my family size is 7 members so i need a 10 lakhs + range comfortable SUV

moreover their is no point in getting back the TVS 50 o maruthi 800 again for just to keep it in idle at home, am sure even if time and my love towards my first vehicle permits i cant use them now because of maintenance and low fuel efficiency in high fuel price market.

Here I have a small story:

In 2009 I sold my bike(Glamour) to my dad friend. before my bike leave my home I was in dream of getting a new bike. Once my bike left my home, I felt something depressed, I don't know how to express those feelings. on that night I not even slept for a single second.

Next day morning I asked my dad that I need my bike again, then only I came to know my dad also depressed for that bike. without wasting a single minute my dad clled his friend & asked the bike return. My dad friend paid the amount but Name transfer has not done.

After some hot discussion, my Dad friend agreed to return the bike. I immediately went to my dad friend home without wasting time & returned the amount which he paid for bike & got my bike back.

Still, I'm using the same bike in Chennai[:D]

But, In the case of my Black Indica..We don't have space to park her in my home. If I have parking space definetely I will definetely buy her for any cost.. I'm badly missing my Black Indica [cry]

350Z

Core Team
I guess most of you must have sold your old car or bike after upgrading to something better. But sometimes you wish you hadn't. Or maybe you had no choice. But now the guy who bought wants to sell it. Would you buy it back?
Most of us have fond memories attached with our first car. Given that I sold the car due to certain unfavorable circumstances. Now if I have sufficient funds to restore and maintain her in future regardless in whichever condition she is, I would not hesitate to buy it again.

I just got thinking about this as the guy who bough my Uno told me he's not using the car anymore. This was my first car and I have a lot of fond memories. I was just wondering if I should ask him to sell it back to me. The car is still in good condition. Besides it was a fun car to drive unlike the i10 that I have now.
It seems that the current owner has kept her well in this case. If funds and parking space is not an issue, it is a nice opportunity, though it might be difficult to source the spare parts of Uno.

Drive Safe,
350Z

If I listen to my heart (Not through a stethoscope!), yes. If to my head, no. The Fiat/ Premier Padmini was quite a car...But I do not have enough space for two cars.

Top Bottom