Worst Selling Cars in India in FY15

Thread Starter #1
Re: Worst selling cars in FY15

If VW Jetta is there in that list, how come Octavia is missing ? The difference between these 2 in terms of sales is marginal.

Thread Starter #3

If VW Jetta is there in that list, how come Octavia is missing ? The difference between these 2 in terms of sales is marginal.
SAIM numbers for Octavia sales do not qualify for it being in the list.

Shortly zest and bolt will make its way to this list, given current scenario. Aria is missing in the list too.
A seperate list of worst performance and poor customer feedback survey report of OEM's has to be made.

^^Spark average sales is around 115 and sold the same in that numbers in this April too as per our TAI sales report.

This report shows there are more than 10 cars selling less than linea!.

looks like this report specific for 'cars' only and no SUV/MPVs.

i couldnt understand the reason behind the sales failure of cars like fiesta,cruze & verito. They were very successful with their earlier varients.

Last edited:

looks like this report specific for 'cars' only and no SUV/MPVs.

If SUV/MPV would have listed, then IMO, Mobilio would have topped the charts along with Aria for worst sales and poor performance.
Given the price of Mobilio and the quality and safety features it offers its time consumers realise they are being looted!
Whereas such a wonderful car and solid build quality of Tata Aria, people just dont invest in it. Its worth million times better than cheap japanese mobilio. [frustration]

Shortly zest and bolt will make its way
Will you please elaborate on this?

Because, name 'Octavia has earned reputation in the past when Jetta was not launched in India.

Spark is discontinued. No point in keeping that in the list.
Do you mean that it is a survey of pre owned cars at which teh OP is referring at??

I couldnt understand the reason behind the sales failure of cars like fiesta,cruze & verito. They were very successful with their earlier varients.
Fiesta & cruze fails because of poor GC & Verito fails because of looks & brand value.

If SUV/MPV would have listed, then IMO, Mobilio would have topped the charts along with Aria for worst sales and poor performance.
Whereas such a wonderful car and solid build quality of Tata Aria, people just dont invest in it. Its worth million times better than cheap japanese mobilio. [frustration]
Honda reliability matters here. One has to conduct a survey of on road assistance called & response from Automaker of Mobilio vs Aria.

A survey of Honda vs Tata won't help here.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Shortly zest and bolt will make its way to this list, given current scenario.
Buddy, I don't think Zest is that bad a product to be included in this list. BOLT, yes, based on the perception of people and BOLT's road presence ever since launch in Jan-2015 has been minimal. As per our report of April-2015, 600 odd BOLTs have been sold but to which state is yet to be known. In Delhi, I came across a White Bolt after so long just 2-3 days back.

Because, name 'Octavia has earned reputation in the past when Jetta was not launched in India.
[thumbsup]Certainly, Octavia was the breadwinner of SKODA Auto in India in initial years. I drove the present gen Octavia Diesel 2 L Engine. I must say it has been worked upon nicely and is quite peppy in pick up. After driving the Superb and then the Octavia, there is a big difference. In Superb I felt as if I am steering a ship on middle of the road where as the Octavia felt more like a car. Globally too, by-far, SKODA officially registered best sales number in April-2015.

PS: Using Multi Quote to avoid repeat Post!

One should realize why indians buy cheap Japanese and korean products
Dear Ram, The term "Cheap" used for Japanese/Korean vehicles does not sound good. A nice addressing to them would be "VFM". And yes Japense and Korean offer VFM products that are easy to maintain.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
sales figures suggest aria is a utter flop eventhough it is made of gold and silver. It cannot be revived , one who have bought it should be prepared to faces spare parts shortages in few years from now, but the solid build quality will help them.
mobilio is moving towards the flop figure, eventhough they have time to rectify the pricing mistake.

One should realize why indians buy cheap Japanese and korean products, just by saying its good does not make it good.

Last edited:
Will you please elaborate on this?
A survey of Honda vs Tata won't help here.
Given the sales dripping down in Zest/Bolt and consumers showing less intrest M-O-M, still TML not rethinking their strategy regarding pricing and improving the the brand perception, its time one consider that Zest/Bolt is a flop!
Yes, Honda has a better perception and brand value among consumers, so its not fair to compare tata vs honda, but definitely on any given day Aria is much better car when compared to plasticy mobilio which is too pricey for what it offers! [roll]

Thread Starter #13

Top Bottom