Worst Road Rage Scenario!

^ @ Vijay 968

I feel its best not to make gestures no matter how pathetic the other drives. Today morning on the way back from Mysore to Bangalore i had to wait at a signal near Ramnager after this all slow poke & annoying drivers were all huddled to overtake eachother & so many slow Indica taxis who honk & shove in but just hold you back after cutting in as their old engines barely pull. I held my nerve & just once gave a horn blast(to a serial honker) & patiently overtook all. But truth is i would have saved barely 5 mins after all that maneuvers so not worth it.
Also had a Swift fellow with an ego problem cutting me multiple times & finally he cut me again pushing me, i braked inches from the divider. Spent good 5 mins after incident behind him not trying to overtake as he was seeming nervous that i mite fight with him, then overtook & went on my way,no gestures,stares or angry honking.
Our roads are a circus so better to keep reminding yourself every dog has its day,so let them be & be happy with your peace of mind.

Last edited:
Today just few hours ago I had a road rage incident. It was raining and I was taking a u-turn on a road. Every vehicle behind me stopped and I was proceeding to take a u-turn, suddenly an old man (30-35yrs, a thug like attitude) on his bike overtook all those vehicle at a high speed and suddenly applied brakes and stoped near my car. He said something (my windows were closed) and also pointing at me. I just rolled down my windows, apologised and said to him to go slow since it is raining. He then opened his hemet, took his earphones off and started to bad mouth me, I again apologised and once again told him to go slowly since it is raining. He then started to talk back in a high pitched voice and was cussing. I told him that since I am respecting you, I expect the same from you.

Then he suddenly got off from his bike and started to kick bumper, I went to him to prevent any further incident. Then he started to push me, I was cool and told him to stop it. He suddenly moved to punch me. I took a step back, slipped his fits, his body was opened to attack. It just took a right cross - upper cut - hook combo to pin him to ground.

At last a police officer came and warned that guy that it's been recorded by a security cam and he can be arrested for assaulting me first. That guy took his bike and ran away. Police officer was laughing and told " No damage to car bumper. That was a nice move though and never ever do that again on street."

Last edited:
Today just few hours ago I had a road rage incident.

At last a police officer came and warned that guy that it's been recorded by a security cam and he can be arrested for assaulting me first. That guy took his bike and ran away. Police officer was laughing and told " No damage to car bumper. That was a nice move though and never ever do that again on street."
A few things in life are very difficult to control. I can relate to that. In Malleswaram (Bangalore), once it happened to me, although I was a pedastrian then. I was waiting to cross the Margosa Road at 15th Cross junction. Before me, there were some girls too waiting to cross the road. There was a car close to the edge of the road. A biker (with a pillion) cut across to the right side (close to where we were standing) of the car & zoomed past. The handle bar touched one of the girls (just touched her dress). I shouted & yelled at the guys instantly. The biker stopped after a few metres & the pillion rider walked back to me. I waved my right hand indicating to get lost. I do have singham-type-mustache & always wear a very thick kara (hand bracelet). Seeing that or just in a hurry (as the driver of the bike shouted), they went away. The final touch was that the traffic police was standing just opposite (watching the whole thing) was smiling & said move on.

Today just few hours ago I had a road rage incident. It was raining and I was taking a u-turn on a road. Every vehicle behind me stopped and I was proceeding to take a u-turn, suddenly an old man (30-35yrs, a thug like attitude) on his bike overtook all those vehicle at a high speed and suddenly applied brakes and stoped near my car. He said something (my windows were closed) and also pointing at me. I just rolled down my windows, apologised and said to him to go slow since it is raining. He then opened his hemet, took his earphones off and started to bad mouth me, I again apologised and once again told him to go slowly since it is raining. He then started to talk back in a high pitched voice and was cussing. I told him that since I am respecting you, I expect the same from you.

Then he suddenly got off from his bike and started to kick bumper, I went to him to prevent any further incident. Then he started to push me, I was cool and told him to stop it. He suddenly moved to punch me. I took a step back, slipped his fits, his body was opened to attack. It just took a right cross - upper cut - hook combo to pin him to ground.

Krishna,
Throwing caution to wind, I ADMIT, I would have done exactly what you did; especially after apologizing a few times as you did. Heck, it is difficult to take an insult, and walk away. Glad that a good Cop enjoyed your curt moves. My special salute to Police too.

Now, I will take caution back into the fold. Please be careful for couple of weeks, if the incident happened on your regular route. Better have someone accompany you on the drives, or change the route or hire a Taxi; just for added safety. Better be cautious of a wounded Moron. Drive safe. Good luck.

PS: I find most bikers behave this way, because of the narrow view thro' a Helmet's visor. They remove their RVM, don't glance left / right, they go zig-zag because their 13 bhp bikes are more potent than a 73 bhp car [frustration], blah blah blah. THAT is why so many 2-wheeler drivers meet with accident, in India. Let us pray, it is not due to our vehicles.

@CasualSurfer, @vijay_968

I don't what possessed me in that moment if the police did stop me, I am afraid I would have trashed him very badly. I sort of regret (mixed feeling) doing it now. That guy was bleeding from his nose and probably lost few of his teeth. I feel sorry for him [cry].

Sometime people irk you so much that you loose temper and go beast mode. The moment he tried to punch, it suddenly felt like retaliation is a must.

This incident was happened on a road which I never travel, so worries there. People should understand that just because we talk like a pacifist, doesn't mean we are afraid of a war. This is the same reason why I keep a wrench within hands reach in a car.

Hope this kind of incident never happens to anyone. If possible i'll try to get a footage from security cam.

It just took a right cross - upper cut - hook combo to pin him to ground.
No need of any regrets, what you did was self defense.

I had a very similar kind of encounter in Gurgaon, there during the office hours, if you have to cross an intersection under the expressway; then you will have to take the mandatory left and return back after taking a U turn. I was taking a tight U turn and suddenly a biker appeared from nowhere exactly in front of my car - bruise.

Now what most of the drivers and bikers do, they ignore such minor bruises etc and move on - I too did the same. Now since my car has magnetic sunblinds (Opaque ones with only ORVM cuts) so he thought that I am alone (They were 2) and stopped me after around 1 kilometer. Man, he came like Jackie Shroff quickly engaging stand and removing the key, taking off helmet from one hand and signalling me to come out fro another hand. Probably he was so energetic looking at a car fro another state but didn't expect 3 - 100 kilo, and 1 - 70 kilo guys inside. Before I did, all other three doors opened and the first question the guy who was in rear seat asked him was "Ghar jana hai aaj wapas (You wanna get back home today?)". He simply said "bhaiya dekh kar chala karo (Brother, please drive carefully)" and left :biggrin:

Here is the latest one
Now I was waiting at this toll plaza today behind a Swift, now see what happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kg41bVVm8s&feature=youtu.be

At the toll plaza, this guy was so busy gossiping with his passengers that he didn't even notice that his car has started moving backwards. Check in video, you can even see his talking and making gestures while his car is moving back. Now after the hit, he looks back and came out.

Me: Bhai dimag theek hai, dikh nahi raha teri gaadi peeche hat rahi hai? (Brother, your mind okay? Can't you see your car is moving backwards?)

He: Maine nahi maari, tenne aake picche se maari (It's not me, you hit from back) Check in video, he can be clearly heard speaking that around 0:19

In my mind, I hit from back!! [shock]

Me: Bakwas na kar, camera laga hua hai gaadi me (Don't spread BS, there is camera in the car)

He (Surprised and looking at camera): Camera laga hai!! (There is a camera!!) [shock]

Now he returned back without speaking a single word, I myself was surprised with the way he just returned back while I was shouting behind him. Any ways, I have a free pass at this toll plaza and he was asked by us to stop after the toll - which he didn't. And I didn't bother to even follow him since my car had zero damage and so had his.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #68

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Wth! His mistake and he is shouting. Anways why did you come out of your car :p i just ignore these things. Yours is a polo and even at a 20kmph hit, nothing will happen.

Wth! His mistake and he is shouting. Anways why did you come out of your car :p i just ignore these things. Yours is a polo and even at a 20kmph hit, nothing will happen.
I came out of my car because I was in full mood and so were the other occupants of my car (Make out why a large part of the video is muted). [evil]

I was waiting for him to give a rude remark or even turn back when I was shouting at him, but all in vain. Probably he detected it and hence went away silently and didn;t stop after crossing the toll plaza too.

Last edited:
@CasualSurfer, @vijay_968

I don't what possessed me in that moment if the police did stop me, I am afraid I would have trashed him very badly. I sort of regret (mixed feeling) doing it now. That guy was bleeding from his nose and probably lost few of his teeth. I feel sorry for him [cry].

Sometime people irk you so much that you loose temper and go beast mode. The moment he tried to punch, it suddenly felt like retaliation is a must.

This incident was happened on a road which I never travel, so worries there. People should understand that just because we talk like a pacifist, doesn't mean we are afraid of a war. This is the same reason why I keep a wrench within hands reach in a car.

Hope this kind of incident never happens to anyone. If possible i'll try to get a footage from security cam.

I enjoyed reading your post. In fact, I was chuckling. Nice to know that the route wouldn't pose you a problem. A friendly advice (from one who kept a knife in car once upon a time). Please get rid of the Wrench. It will help you control yourself better.

@CasualSurfer
Stuff like your case has happened to me too. Bangalore guys don't like to be shouted upon, even when they are 101% wrong. I realized that "ignoring, is the best way to deal with them". Last Saturday, while going to Mantri Mall, a biker cut in front of my MOVING CAR ; as I was not expecting this in crawling traffic, car & bike kissed. I just continued talking to Hi Command, pretending not to have noticed anything. Biker tried talking to me, but I signalled him to move. He moved on. Intense traffic helped that day.

@TSIVipul
It was fun to watch the video. It's time I kickstart my dashcam project. But, visualizing the biker running away (in your write) was SUPER FUNNY

I came out of my car because I was in full mood and so were the other occupants of my car (Make out why a large part of the video is muted). [evil]

I was waiting for him to give a rude remark or even turn back when I was shouting at him, but all in vain. Probably he detected it and hence went away silently and didn;t stop after crossing the toll plaza too.

Arre yaar, you are re-converting me :-)

I almost lost my cool recently, with a family full of idiots driving a white civic. I was driving from Krishnagiri towards Bangalore & reached the Electronic city toll gate. We were in my cousins WagonR (black bumpers luckily) and there was a civic ahead of me which too stopped in the same lane. The lady driving the civic dint apply hand brake and the car rolled behind (I had over 1mtr distance), I started honking desperately and no use. The car came & hit us. An old man got out from rear seat, started talking as if I banged his car (Civic's rear bumper had come off the right side - clips broken). I told him "ask the moron to pull hand brake!" (probably his daughter)and left without making a big scene (as the guy was too dumb to understand anything that I said). My cousin asked me to get back to car & move on, hence we left.

I did no mistake, had scratches on our car, idiots blaming me for everything and I cant even prove what I did! Hell of a situation.

All these incidences happening regularly, I think it's time to make DashCams a compulsory accessory for a 4 wheeler like Russia.

Or the insurance companies should make a rule that if we provide a video of incident, more % of amount can be claimed and less hassle. This way most of truth behind an incident comes to light.

Top Bottom