Worst Road Rage Scenario!

Thread Starter #31

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
lol , just had a dream [lol] 3 auto wala were standing besides my door , and the first thing i did ? rolled up the windows [lol] i swear.

thanks prads for the video. i just hope i don't have to use them.

and i still didn't go to the PS. all my friends are saying to leave it.

Can we use this existing thread for road rage confessions?

"Hey, wake up you lazy thread!"

Lol, sorry. I was wondering if we could use this thread to confess/tell road rage stories?

I mean, sometimes emotions get the better of us. Sometimes other people seem very ****ed at us, and come for us...

So, can we confess them here? Mods, please clarify.

@ Allhyundai that's really bad, and drunk riding seems very dominant.

Here's something that might make us think twice before going into the 'road-rage' state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uubd1cW45Aw

Mods please take a look at this, it contains some (okay a lot) offensive words.

Stress and road rage meter

Let's do a sort of quiz.

1) What's your propensity to develop road rage? Do you develop rage in the drop of a hat, or it takes a lot of effort on the part of another irresponsible driver (in your front, rear or side) to make your blood boil? Or you are always calm no matter what happens?

2) How do you beat stress while driving?

I tend to get angry over little things on the road. But it took me some time to control that urge and nowadays I am on the fence. It takes a lot of effort on the part of other crazy drivers to make me upset now. But still occasionally I return squarely what I get, and that hovers around the borderline of road rage. I have also noticed that my heartbeat jumps and I would fume for at least half-an-hour. I come late from work and I see the entire world (maybe a majority of it) jumping traffic signals at midnight. I feel like getting down from my vehicle, dragging those people out and teaching safety lessons with a baseball bat :-)

I got a bit better after I returned from a holiday in Bhutan recently. I saw that people there drove with pleasure and nobody honked unless it's a real emergency. An acquaintance who drove me around in his Santa Fe never exceeded 60 kmph. Though it would make sense in the hills, there were wide open plain stretches too but he never drove in a hurry. I asked him the matter, and he was like "It keeps my heart healthy."

Anyway, let's share tips here to beat driving stress.

Thread Starter #34

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
where i go to work daily there are lots of those auto rickshaws carrying people , there must be around 70-80 which covers a distance of 5-6 kms.

they stop in the middle of the road even if they have space on their left and that's the thing which makes my blood boil.

check the pics. in this scenario i just shut the windows , turn on the ac and increase the voulme and to hell with all the others. in this i was stuck for 40 minutes.

all the guys towards my right were on the wrong side.
there's no point getting angry so i just chill.

Attachments

The incident iam writing happened 5 years ago, i was in a metro feeder van which was coming from mukerjee nagar and was going towards the nearest metro station. The river yamuna was overflowing and it was raining, there was knee level water on the roads, it was around 9 pm. No traffic.

The van was creating tides but was moving slowly . A 40 year old cyclist yelled at the driver, the conductor yelled something back and all of a sudden the conductor got down and beat the skinny guy and pushed his belongings and cycle into the water. The cyclist put a fight but was not able to fight so he ran in the water towards a petty shop, the conductor was chasing him like villans chase in movies.

I was seeing this like a movie from the rear seat of the van, the man hid inside the petty shop but was pushed outside by the owner , the conductor again beat him over there ,dipping him in the water. The driver who was seeing this casually took his phone and called him ,the conductor looked around saw the van and came running back, after getting inside he told me that it was the cyclist's mistake of using bad words, for which he had to be beaten.
Whenever i think of this incident it seems like funny incident.

Let's do a sort of quiz.

1) What's your propensity to develop road rage? Do you develop rage in the drop of a hat, or it takes a lot of effort on the part of another irresponsible driver (in your front, rear or side) to make your blood boil? Or you are always calm no matter what happens?

2) How do you beat stress while driving?

I tend to get angry over little things on the road. But it took me some time to control that urge and nowadays I am on the fence. It takes a lot of effort on the part of other crazy drivers to make me upset now. But still occasionally I return squarely what I get, and that hovers around the borderline of road rage. I have also noticed that my heartbeat jumps and I would fume for at least half-an-hour. I come late from work and I see the entire world (maybe a majority of it) jumping traffic signals at midnight. I feel like getting down from my vehicle, dragging those people out and teaching safety lessons with a baseball bat :-)

I got a bit better after I returned from a holiday in Bhutan recently. I saw that people there drove with pleasure and nobody honked unless it's a real emergency. An acquaintance who drove me around in his Santa Fe never exceeded 60 kmph. Though it would make sense in the hills, there were wide open plain stretches too but he never drove in a hurry. I asked him the matter, and he was like "It keeps my heart healthy."

Anyway, let's share tips here to beat driving stress.
My present method to avoid road rage is not to see the face of any drivers especially bikers, the more i see people's face the more i get angry.

Another thing is never compete with a moron it will prevent a road rage situation. Leave them to overtake and keep distance they will surely get into fight with someone else.

... Leave them to overtake and keep distance they will surely get into fight with someone else.
I promise, I did not read your post earlier, but, things unfolded exactly THAT way recently [:D]

Due to major road repair work in our Area, traffic thro' alternate narrow roads is totally chaotic. A biker was trying to overtake me. Without SMASHING vehicles coming from opposite direction, he couldn't go past. No one was slowing down from their 15kph speed, either. He felt that I was holding him back and started using Horn more. I paused a little and he went ahead glaring at me.

Looking back at me (WHAT FOR ???) he did drrrr drrrr drrrr, entered a pot-hole, lost grip and hit an AutoRick coming in the opposite direction. Though he managed not to fall, the Auto driver caught him by his shirt (did that prevent the fall ??) and started a fight.

As I went past, I couldn't conceal my smile [:)]

Okay guys, here's an incident to share:

Around 7 am in morning, I was returning back from a wedding function with 5 people on board (Me and 4 friends). The car was doing 100+ kph on an empty stretch of a well laid 4 lane highway that suddenly a motorcycle with 3 on board (Pulsar RS 200) cut into my lane (I guess 50 kph was his speed). Braked real hard and blew the horn; anyhow managed to swerve and save these idiots.

Now I was parallel to the motorcycle and look into the eyes of the idiots (all three were looking at me; typical local village folks and that also heavily drunk). Pressed on gas and started moving on to my way doing 100-110 kph again.

A look into the ORVM and whoa!! :eek:

The Pulsar was closely following me continuously blowing his horn. I decided not to bother and pressed further on gas (The car had sun shades on rear windows and coats, jackets, sweets boxes etc on the rear parcel tray, my co passenger was sleeping and I guess they didn't knew that there are 3 more guys in the car). I was doing around 125 kph that the Pulsar came parallel to me; I pressed on the gas and before the V6 power would have done it's wonder the guys were just ahead of my front bumper making me to back off.

Now what? Well, these idiots slowed down and that's when I shifted to second, pressed the brakes and gave a hard throttle input. I was again ahead of them and this made these fellows go out of mind I guess. They anyhow overtook us on a busy stretch and stopped their motorcycle right in front of my car. I stopped and before these guys would have stepped off from their motorcycle, all the doors of my car opened and there were 5 six footers standing right in front of them and asking them if they want to be alive or not.

What next?
Well, the drunkards got normal within a minute and their words were "we thought some miscreant is there and hence we stopped you" :biggrin:

I turned towards the car and then heard a loud thud. WTH!! Two of us pushed these guys from the center towards the side of the road and two of them were now lying on the road with their motorcycle over them.

Case solved, judgement on the spot.

Lesson learnt: Ignore such idiots, don't even look at them and carry on to your work.

[lol] Me wondering how they would have managed to sit on the RS200's split seat!

Doors of my car opened and there were 5 six footers standing right in front of them and asking them if they want to be alive or not.
You certainly have a flair of writing. Lol.

Okay guys, here's an incident to share:

I turned towards the car and then heard a loud thud. WTH!! Two of us pushed these guys from the center towards the side of the road and two of them were now lying on the road with their motorcycle over them.
I dont understand this part, can you explain?

^^I and other two turned and started moving towards the car but two of us (the mindless ones) simply pushed these guys out of road (imagine w motorcycle in the midst of left lane with three on board) which resulted in the motorcycle felling down along with its riders.

Doors of my car opened and there were 5 six footers standing right in front of them and asking them if they want to be alive or not.
TSI Vipul your a 6 footer? You must have grown,from your old pics you looked barely 5 or were you wearing heels in this case[:)]

Anyways a person in my friends group told me an incident yesterday which happened many years back to him,he is much more senior to me.
He was driving his car & a brand new Swift next to him tries pulling a U turn from the left(in front of him) instead of from the right lane(i assume to get a good turning radius). There was not even a scratch or contact but 6 guys get out from the car & start heckling this lone guy in the car. As they were speaking, a man from behind(assumed drunk) punches the lone person.The others push him away& they speak & they leave. Apparently lone guy has a red face from the punch.

Follows car till its alone,takes a huge rock & hurls it at the gleaming car & leaves in his car full speed.

Last edited:
Once i was driving in chennai around kilpauk, it had 2 lane roads but they become worse after 4pm, the time was 8pm and everyone was inching ahead. There comes a t section where most take a u turn to join a residential road which is a shortcut to anna nagar. Only the frequent users know this road, it reduces the travel time from 30 miutes to 2 minutes during peak hours.

There is also a non functional signal Near the u turn so you have to deal with opposite traffic and the the narrow road, I was waiting for the chance suddenly the guys in a battered tavera, which was behind me started yelling at me, after i took the u turn i lowered my glass to yell at them back when they were overtaking , that is when i realised the people iam dealing with, they were some taxi drivers 6-8 persons, drunk and were yelling at me as if they have a problem with me. I freezed with my hand pointing towards them,( i was supposed to shout at them)

Then they took the residential road , i too took the road, these guys braked in the middle of the road and was waiting for me , they thought i was following them. Then they kept moving slowly, i did not want to overtake fearing trouble, once they reached the main road they again abused other cars, bikers and drove like a maniac.

Prads--people like you mentioned are mostly drunk and they will pick on lone drivers.

Last edited:
Sometimes or most of the times things you do out of rage will be a thing for which u repent later, i would say avoid and move away from such rage as it would serve no purpose

An ego to see who is more powerful you or me is the actual reason for a fight and not the mere incident which happened and i would say its really not worth it

recently some days back in hosur road on a friday afternoon i saw a guy in a polo GT driving like a maniac busy pushing most of the bikes to the corners with his zig zag driving, karma followed him

The Polo GT guys sped off after taking a bollero guy by shock but he was unlucky to be found waiting in the signal, i was crusing in 70KM/hr just watching all this happen [surprise]

The polo GT guy got slapped on his face by a bollero guy just because he crossed over him by side and spooked him and made him do a panic braking

My take why did that Polo GT guy had to do all this circus to go and stand waiting in a signal where we all halted together, or was it just to get slapped on his face by some unknown person

Last edited:
TSI Vipul your a 6 footer? You must have grown,from your old pics you looked barely 5 or were you wearing heels in this case
Saarji why you did that to me? I am 5'10" and have been 5'10" since last 2-3 years, yaa.. no more growth!! [;)]

I can stand beside an Innova and still manage to lift the cargo/bags off the roof carrier; hence proved - I am not 5'.

He was driving his car & a brand new Swift next to him tries pulling a U turn from the left(in front of him) instead of from the right lane(i assume to get a good turning radius). There was not even a scratch or contact but 6 guys get out from the car & start heckling this lone guy in the car. As they were speaking, a man from behind(assumed drunk) punches the lone person.The others push him away& they speak & they leave. Apparently lone guy has a red face from the punch.

Follows car till its alone,takes a huge rock & hurls it at the gleaming car & leaves in his car full speed.
If the gleaming car started following then?
BTW there are incidents at times where the first and second party do maintain peace but the public (especially the frustrated guys) come out of nowhere and get their itching arms massaged by the 'hitting and slapping' exercise.

Once i was driving in chennai around kilpauk, it had 2 lane roads but they become worse after 4pm, the time was 8pm and everyone was inching ahead. There comes a t section where most take a u turn to join a residential road which is a shortcut to anna nagar. Only the frequent users know this road, it reduces the travel time from 30 miutes to 2 minutes during peak hours.

There is also a non functional signal Near the u turn so you have to deal with opposite traffic and the the narrow road, I was waiting for the chance suddenly the guys in a battered tavera, which was behind me started yelling at me, after i took the u turn i lowered my glass to yell at them back when they were overtaking , that is when i realised the people iam dealing with, they were some taxi drivers 6-8 persons, drunk and were yelling at me as if they have a problem with me. I freezed with my hand pointing towards them,( i was supposed to shout at them)

Then they took the residential road , i too took the road, these guys braked in the middle of the road and was waiting for me , they thought i was following them. Then they kept moving slowly, i did not want to overtake fearing trouble, once they reached the main road they again abused other cars, bikers and drove like a maniac.
Most of the times when we are in group (Say 8-10 guy in 2-3 cars) then we frequently look out for such idiots. It's not that we keep searching for them for getting into road rage. It's just that when these drunk idiots get surprised by finding out that there isn't a single car or singe guy but 8-10 of them then their excuses and reasons are funny like:
Sir the car stalled
Let me find the key
This friend had to piss etc

They will even befriend you and may offer a peg or two too. Only condition is that they need to feel that their face and body is gonna get massaged if they go out of limits

Prads--people like you mentioned are mostly drunk and they will pick on lone drivers.
No doubt, not only drunk drivers but at times the mischievous guys also do the same. They will follow you and keep blowing horns etc. Better is not to bother and get out of their way or reach your destination without paying any attention.

recently some days back in hosur road on a friday afternoon i saw a guy in a polo GT driving like a maniac busy pushing most of the bikes to the corners with his zig zag driving, karma followed him

The Polo GT guys sped off after taking a bollero guy by shock but he was unlucky to be found waiting in the signal, i was crusing in 70KM/hr just watching all this happen [surprise]

The polo GT guy got slapped on his face by a bollero guy just because he crossed over him by side and spooked him and made him do a panic braking

My take why did that Polo GT guy had to do all this circus to go and stand waiting in a signal where we all halted together, or was it just to get slapped on his face by some unknown person
Some people have some sort of brain controls on their cheek actually; you press that button on their cheek after some hard slaps and their brain mapping gets perfectly fine.

How many of you have ever came across minors driving like maniacs? They are worst but more scared too, you stop them and they are like "bhaiya sorry" in no time.

Some people have some sort of brain controls on their cheek actually; you press that button on their cheek after some hard slaps and their brain mapping gets perfectly fine.

How many of you have ever came across minors driving like maniacs? They are worst but more scared too, you stop them and they are like "bhaiya sorry" in no time.
Yeah your correct but the most worst thing is the person slapping don't end up slapping someone who is son of a politician or a caste group leader, they will chase you down or hunt you down to your place and keep you engaged for some good amount of time [lol]

So that's why i said skip it and move on, i guess we don't want to fight a pig so as to get our-self dirty though i know the pig loves to roll down the dirt by hugging us [shock]

Top Bottom