Worst Road Rage Scenario!

Well am glad your alright! Its pretty obvious the offenders are drunk out there senses.
I had a similar scenario some 4 years ago all cos my friend told a drunk auto driver to be cautious in Hindi Cos auto guy pulled a U from the right to left in front of my car to an auto stand .

In such scenario people assume they have local support & they can do anything while you stay polite.I was local but he assumed otherwise & took my key out of ignition(i was dumb kept looking as he did that).After which he raised his & hand & brushed my cheeks while he tried hitting me,i kept quiet & called a friend who was barely 100 meters away.While this auto guy tried hitting me & grabbed my shirt instinct took over,i grabbed his shirt(his buttons ripped off) & i kicked him on his abs twice.

He left the keys & walked away bending down cos of pain.Few sec later 3 friends pop up in a car & he is given a lil punch again by me(i cant believe i did that).
then as we left he screamed threats when i started the car(he was quiet until i got into the car).

So i feel anybody when under threat will retaliate naturally even though its not in our nature.Its just our reflex.

So i am happy with the way you handled it "allhyundaicars",its ok you did not raise the glass or do some Mortal Kombat moves cos its just human nature to be stunned sometimes.
As for annoying crowd who block your way,i can say good you dint run them over [:)]
, it has happened to me before & someone else brawl has damaged my car (see first post) http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/road-safety-driving-sense/5772-your-car-s-accidents-break-down-experiences.html

How about peeper spray. This can handle most of this kind of situation like if people count is 2. More then this, spray may not work. But I think this will be safest weapon.
That is actually a good suggestion,its way better than carrying chilly powder etc,but it can burn your breathing or eyes if person is close to you,in the mentioned case he was right next to him,if he had sprayed he would get some discomfort too cos he was too close,but in an assault scenario its worth the risk.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
How about peeper spray. This can handle most of this kind of situation like if people count is 2. More then this, spray may not work. But I think this will be safest weapon.
that's a really good suggestion. one can get enough time to leave the place [thumbsup] and i always thought sprays are for women safety.

Well am glad your alright! Its pretty obvious the offenders are drunk out there senses.
I had a similar scenario some 4 years ago all cos my friend told a drunk auto driver to be cautious in Hindi Cos auto guy pulled a U from the right to left in front of my car to an auto stand .

In such scenario people assume they have local support & they can do anything while you stay polite.I was local but he assumed otherwise & took my key out of ignition(i was dumb kept looking as he did that).After which he raised his & hand & brushed my cheeks while he tried hitting me,i kept quiet & called a friend who was barely 100 meters away.While this auto guy tried hitting me & grabbed my shirt instinct took over,i grabbed his shirt(his buttons ripped off) & i kicked him on his abs twice.

He left the keys & walked away bending down cos of pain.Few sec later 3 friends pop up in a car & he is given a lil punch again by me(i cant believe i did that).
then as we left he screamed threats when i started the car(he was quiet until i got into the car).

So i feel anybody when under threat will retaliate naturally even though its not in our nature.Its just our reflex.

So i am happy with the way you handled it "allhyundaicars",its ok you did not raise the glass or do some Mortal Kombat moves cos its just human nature to be stunned sometimes.
As for annoying crowd who block your way,i can say good you dint run them over [:)]
, it has happened to me before & someone else brawl has damaged my car (see first post) http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/road-safety-driving-sense/5772-your-car-s-accidents-break-down-experiences.html
it was your anger to punch him :D and about the local support , the guy who hit me was a sikh. he kept on saying " you called me j***" when people gathere. maybe someone else called him that. god knows.

today dad asked me if police called or not and told me police guys will take some money from them and will free them if they are caught. will go to the PS after 8th.

Even in my case the guy cooked up stories saying i called him that & this(i did mention something about his character to my friend saying about the guys cheapness but no way he heard or saw that or related to what he was claiming),i guess such people only want to justify a reason to people around them why they are yelling & fighting at a person.

The rookie's ones will use lines like you spoke about my mother father .Seen that in some nightclubs & college fights.I dont go to parties that much but i have always seen some stupid argument or brawl coming up,no matter how classy the place is.
I remember this middle aged man yelling at his friend to drink & not fear drink & drive checks cos if he fears cops then he is not a man,when his friend resisted drinking more there were some words exchanged & that was the beginning of a beautiful argument & shirt grabbing.[frustration]

Some people like to act grumpy & bossy when they are drunk ,while others seem to be happy & cheerful. Guess its all about the inner demons coming out.

Last edited:
2-3 weeks back i had witnessed similar thing on highway , although scene went into role reversal when car driver decided to use his 2ton vehicle as a weapon [lol] and i could literally see thugs running holding their pants . people may jump on me saying that we should not go to their level but fact is Authorities have no interest in protecting us , so at times to defend my self i wont mind crushing their bikes under my car and report it to nearest police station.

@Allhyundaicars:
Why don't you post a pic of yours too?

See buddy, you are safe that's all. You decided not to hit back, I guess it was the right decision. Now find them with the help of police and give them a lesson.

It's not for no reason I carry weapon, at least it keeps me safe even if I am alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
2-3 weeks back i had witnessed similar thing on highway , although scene went into role reversal when car driver decided to use his 2ton vehicle as a weapon [lol] and i could literally see thugs running holding their pants . people may jump on me saying that we should not go to their level but fact is Authorities have no interest in protecting us , so at times to defend my self i wont mind crushing their bikes under my car and report it to nearest police station.
Yes,self safety first and for most no matter what. In case of road rage come out the situation and spot.

Oh man.
That was so bad and terrible accident. As Prads said, if they are local guys, always they think they are having right to hit you.

Almost every day, i see that on road. The more problematic guys are those who join later. They just want to hit someone for no reason. They will just slap them and go. They do not even know what has happened at that spot.

Last week, one Innova was turning right from pocket road to main road. A guy in pulser went and hit him. It was mistake of Pulser guy as he went and rammed without putting signal or sign. He fell from bike. Innova had more damage compared to bike. They started exchange words. Both started taking names of 'dad' & 'mom' in different ways (you know what i meant). When many gathered, he was talking about 'he abused my mom' etc.
Finally, started pulling dress and hitting. Both were kannadigas. Later, we two three guys told them - No need to fight and will call the police. We stopped a police bike and told them the issue. I left the spot after that.

Be safe. Give the way if someone want to over take.
Lastly, @AllHyundaiCars, luckily, it was not your Verna. If it was, you could have attacked them as well !

It is always better give space to those moron low lifer. They take road driving as the mantra for there success in life. If they will go ahead of everybody on the road ultimately they will be sole winner on this world.
They take the race on the road to satisfy them self that they are also a competitor.

Thread Starter #25

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Even in my case the guy cooked up stories saying i called him that & this(i did mention something about his character to my friend saying about the guys cheapness but no way he heard or saw that or related to what he was claiming),i guess such people only want to justify a reason to people around them why they are yelling & fighting at a person.
The rookie's ones will use lines like you spoke about my mother father .Seen that in some nightclubs & college fights.I dont go to parties that much but i have always seen some stupid argument or brawl coming up,no matter how classy the place is.
I remember this middle aged man yelling at his friend to drink & not fear drink & drive checks cos if he fears cops then he is not a man,when his friend resisted drinking more there were some words exchanged & that was the beginning of a beautiful argument & shirt grabbing.

Some people like to act grumpy & bossy when they are drunk ,while others seem to be happy & cheerful. Guess its all about the inner demons coming out.
if 2 people with an ego clash , they will fight. no one will back down. :|

2-3 weeks back i had witnessed similar thing on highway , although scene went into role reversal when car driver decided to use his 2ton vehicle as a weapon and i could literally see thugs running holding their pants . people may jump on me saying that we should not go to their level but fact is Authorities have no interest in protecting us , so at times to defend my self i wont mind crushing their bikes under my car and report it to nearest police station.
i completely agree with you. but my case was different , mob wasn't attacking me , if it was then obviously self defense comes first.

@Allhyundaicars:
Why don't you post a pic of yours too?

See buddy, you are safe that's all. You decided not to hit back, I guess it was the right decision. Now find them with the help of police and give them a lesson.

It's not for no reason I carry weapon, at least it keeps me safe even if I am alone.
lol there's no need for my pic here :D i don't think police will do anything. nonetheless will go today and visit the PS.

That is terribly sad incident. Good that you came out without serious trouble.
thanks mastiandroid. it was indeed a terrible incident.

Oh man.
That was so bad and terrible accident. As Prads said, if they are local guys, always they think they are having right to hit you.
Almost every day, i see that on road. The more problematic guys are those who join later. They just want to hit someone for no reason. They will just slap them and go. They do not even know what has happened at that spot.

Last week, one Innova was turning right from pocket road to main road. A guy in pulser went and hit him. It was mistake of Pulser guy as he went and rammed without putting signal or sign. He fell from bike. Innova had more damage compared to bike. They started exchange words. Both started taking names of 'dad' & 'mom' in different ways (you know what i meant). When many gathered, he was talking about 'he abused my mom' etc.
Finally, started pulling dress and hitting. Both were kannadigas. Later, we two three guys told them - No need to fight and will call the police. We stopped a police bike and told them the issue. I left the spot after that.

Be safe. Give the way if someone want to over take.
+1. you just said the truth. people just wants to make a scene even if the 2 parties involved are not involved in a fight.

Lastly, @AllHyundaiCars, luckily, it was not your Verna. If it was, you could have attacked them as well !
for some of you this will feel odd but i agree with this. if he was damaging my verna , then maybe i'd have stepped out of the car.

but i got angry when he first punched the side mirror of my santro but that first punch just completely left me out of senses and maybe if it was the verna i'd have regained my senses. don't know. [:D]

It is always better give space to those moron low lifer. They take road driving as the mantra for there success in life. If they will go ahead of everybody on the road ultimately they will be sole winner on this world.
They take the race on the road to satisfy them self that they are also a competitor.
what make them do such kind of things ? everybody knows police won't do a thing.

an uncle told me you should have hit them , we'd have managed everything with the police. and it's true. let's see what the police guy will say today.

Its bad, frustrating experience buddy feel that frustration to **** those guys up but good part is that ur ok mate,which matters.Yes those moments, that period makes you angry and more of the emotions to roll up which even we got to feel hearing you.
Awaiting to see what cops has their part here to say.

This is the reason I carry Pepper spray and a machete within easy reach in my car. I have had some close call before I switched to a SUV - Safari. Thugs look for trouble especially if they see a woman driving. Fortunately they don't mess with someone in a SUV. For added measure I also attended Karate class from Shihaan Husseini from Madras.

^ i must insist Karate class does not calm the nerves in a panic scenario but does instill a bit of confidence. If you train at least once a week then you will have muscle memory otherwise its gone with the wind.
And please do not assume that woman are easy to mess with.The public in Bangalore(or anywhere in Karnataka) will always step in & help as far as i have observed.
machete within easy reach in my car
The cops will let you off if the knife blade is within a mentioned inches(i do not remember the exact length) but a Machete under your seat will send you to jail. I am an agriculturist & in some cases had to carry around 14 to 20 Sharp machetes or axes etc(to the lathe) but it is placed in the boot of the car with reason.

A relative of mine had a Machete under his car seat & that landed him in a serious mess in Bangalore (i guess during elections).

I suggest you leave the Machete behind & get something smaller & the pepper spray maybe get three cans so you can have one under each seat for ease of use & another in your purse.[:)]

zengetz

Suspended
Good suggestion Prads and I have also been to a few of Krav maga workshops for basic self defense techniques. Its really amazing how easy its to defend yourself with just the right techniques and using body balance to your advantages.

Again Krav Maga is not to go on the offense. Its to get you to defend yourself and escape outta a situation.

Top Bottom