Words Of a Gypsy Lover

Thread Starter #1
hi myself am bhagath from Kerala. currently doing my final year degree at trivandrum. I studied at Kendriya Vidyalaya crpf Pallipuram. So everyday I used to see police gypsy.it was my childhood dream to own a gypsy and now my father promised me to get one.I tried for used gypsies but my father told why don't you try a brand new one.after so much of enquires i booked white hard top gypsy at Indus motors on June 30,2015. they promised me to deliver the vehicle with in 40 days if I pay 3L but I paid 7L on advance and waited for the vehicle. they promised to get the vehicle by august 30,2015. I called the sales executive every week and he assured me every time.but after august 15 he doesn't attends my phone call so i personally went to the showroom, i spoke with the manager and he said the vehicle is not in production now and will start the production by December 2015 only.I lodged complaint in MSL but none responded.all these period Indus motors was keeping my 7 Lakh ₹ with them refusing to return also.I waited till January 15,2016 and again complained, this time I don't know how but everyone from showroom phoned me a promised the vehicle will be despatched soon and on Feb 29,2016 i got a call that my gypsy has reached the Trivandrum yard and can get the car soon.I am planning to get the vehicle after Shiv Rathri, I will get all updated after that.
regards
lucky bug

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Bhagat, "Swagatham" wish you a warm welcome to TAI [clap]!. I never knew Gypsy is still in production and available for customers to grab. Though you had to wait a bit long and go through some hard time your Gypsy is finally arriving. Wow man, its must be a great feeling. Fingers crossed to read your ownerships review with plenty drool worthy pics of your gypsy.

Welcome Lucky bug. You are indeed lucky to have a new Gypsy at this time. [:)] I thought that the production had stopped, but your post says otherwise. Congrats on getting your dream vehicle, do post an ownership review once you get your hands on it!

From August 2015 to March 2016 is a long wait man. Did you consider the loss of the amount which your 7 big ones would have generated in bank (as interest) for this time period? Also decode the VIN during PDI to ensure that you are not given an old vehicle.

Enjoy your stay!

hi myself am bhagath from Kerala. currently doing my final year degree at trivandrum. I studied at Kendriya Vidyalaya crpf Pallipuram. So everyday I used to see police gypsy.it was my childhood dream to own a gypsy and now my father promised me to get one.I tried for used gypsies but my father told why don't you try a brand new one.after so much of enquires i booked white hard top gypsy at Indus motors on June 30,2015. they promised me to deliver the vehicle with in 40 days if I pay 3L but I paid 7L on advance and waited for the vehicle. they promised to get the vehicle by august 30,2015. I called the sales executive every week and he assured me every time.but after august 15 he doesn't attends my phone call so i personally went to the showroom, i spoke with the manager and he said the vehicle is not in production now and will start the production by December 2015 only.I lodged complaint in MSL but none responded.all these period Indus motors was keeping my 7 Lakh ₹ with them refusing to return also.I waited till January 15,2016 and again complained, this time I don't know how but everyone from showroom phoned me a promised the vehicle will be despatched soon and on Feb 29,2016 i got a call that my gypsy has reached the Trivandrum yard and can get the car soon.I am planning to get the vehicle after Shiv Rathri, I will get all updated after that.
regards
lucky bug
Congrats, 7L for a car which does not have AC nor PS.

Surely there must be something in it for you.

All the best

Congratulations on the buy!!!, you indeed are lucky to get such a Dad as well as such a car. even i wasnt aware that gypsy was still in production. yeah a lot of pics is what we expect from you once you lay hands on it. Wish you happy miles on it.

@Nanofreak its pure love nothing else. [:D]

Thread Starter #6
@ ice_wise can you please enlighten me how to decode the VIN...?
Am also waiting fingers crossed to see my car. will update you all with pics soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TAI another Keralite. Wish you all the best for the new Gypsy. Waiting for the pics and details of your macho.

btw, 7 lakhs for one year makes a benefit in terms of interest for Indus right? somebody please comment on this

Are they still delivering Hard top gypsy's?? The dealer at my city says that Gypsy's are available only in Softtop white color.

Thread Starter #14
@swiftshashi gypsy is still available in both soft top and hard top. depending upon the orders they either manufacters soft tops together or hard tops together. when you did the enquiry , may be maruthi was manufacturing soft top vehicle. me too got the same response for colour, only white colour is available.

Top Bottom