"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD

Which branch of Sireesh, it has to be either Marathalli or Airport road.

Oh !! that's sad to hear, did that guy banged after your service, or before that.
Hope it has been fixed.
Me too never feel the need for Sunfilm, my Hawk's AC is working the way it should be.[:)]

With the diesel vehicle of this size, i never worry much of mileage.
More over Mangalore's traffic is manageable, but in city bit of a concern, if you are crawling in traffic.

What a blunder, how did a W6 remote went into a W8 version[surprise].
Defnitely a lapse during PDI.
Was there any difference in remote layout of buttons?
Is the remote working now?

Thanks for the weather update, as i am visiting Bantwal-Udupi then Goa, so was my question.

However heard its raining Cats and dogs near Bhatkal-Ankola-Karwar regions.

We were given a coupon of 3000/- discount, still i have it with me filed with cars documents.

There are lots of Terms & Conditions, and you will have to book a slot in offseason.

So i have kept as it is, during purchase of my Scorpio, which has expired long ago.

However if you mail, stating the delay in arrival of coupon, they may re-consider and offer the same.

The nearest Club Mahindra resort is in Madikeri.

Found out that M&M are trying to pull a fast one with the 3 days 2 nights stay at club mahindra which was given to XUV owners as part of purple club. I tried to register the code of the holiday voucher and got the message that it is no longer valid so called up club mahindra helpline and was told that the voucher has to be registered within 1 month of date of issue which is the date of purchase of XUV.Since I( and many other XUV owners) received the Purple club package more than a month after purchase of XUV this was not possible. I did not purchase the XUV for the sake of a 2 day vacation but i feel that mahindra should not have issued the holiday vouchers if they had no intention of honoring them[anger].
That's disgusting, People have lot's of faith and trust in Mahindra brand and they should respect that and try to keep up with all their commitment.

Hi guys,

I just could not stop myself from becoming a member after reading the review by Dockap. indeed as one of the reader brought out it was a great work from an owner.

I got an XUV500/SLVR/W8/FWD after a long wait from both my side and M&M, finance and then the colour issue. Anyway now that i have it its a great work by M&M. HEADS DO TURN on the road. Specially in my campus i'm the sole owner of this Cheetah.

However i have had a few bad xpnce with the vehicle

1. The infotaiment system use to conck off a few times and only way out was to recycle the power up of the vehicle.

2. There was a mild flicker in the infotainment screen.

3. When the vehicle stops with the Auto shut function ON the driver door locks just don't open. inspite of all efforts, recycle the power, using the key in the outer keyhole to open yeilded no result.

4. The steering when left the vehicle steered left even at lower speed. guessed required alignment.

Keeping all this problem in hand approcahed the Ghaziabad M&M service stn and they understood the problems listed above. few could not be demonstrated as Lord Murphy had his hands and the doors would open every time the ser engr tried, no flickers, no hangus on the system. any ways after keeping the vehicle for 3 days they returned the vehicle in shabby state, dented, and needless to say problem not resoleved. i took up the matter same evng using mobile cam uploads and forwd the mail to GM, Mumbai. got response. vehicle out for another three days for denting painting and module replacement of info' system. btu overall a very bad experience. and it felt so that the executives were not bothered with the facts.

the problem with the door getting stuck is still there and till Murphy decides to lay off i can not show it to the compnay guys. so any brains ticking?

lastly need help on purchase of revese cam for the vehicle and an Monitor for the DVD for the second row.

Overall worth a buy and the wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I just could not stop myself from becoming a member after reading the review by Dockap. indeed as one of the reader brought out it was a great work from an owner.

I got an XUV500/SLVR/W8/FWD after a long wait from both my side and M&M, finance and then the colour issue. Anyway now that i have it its a great work by M&M. HEADS DO TURN on the road. Specially in my campus i'm the sole owner of this Cheetah.

However i have had a few bad xpnce with the vehicle

1. The infotaiment system use to conck off a few times and only way out was to recycle the power up of the vehicle.

2. There was a mild flicker in the infotainment screen.

3. When the vehicle stops with the Auto shut function ON the driver door locks just don't open. inspite of all efforts, recycle the power, using the key in the outer keyhole to open yeilded no result.

4. The steering when left the vehicle steered left even at lower speed. guessed required alignment.

Keeping all this problem in hand approcahed the Ghaziabad M&M service stn and they understood the problems listed above. few could not be demonstrated as Lord Murphy had his hands and the doors would open every time the ser engr tried, no flickers, no hangus on the system. any ways after keeping the vehicle for 3 days they returned the vehicle in shabby state, dented, and needless to say problem not resoleved. i took up the matter same evng using mobile cam uploads and forwd the mail to GM, Mumbai. got response. vehicle out for another three days for denting painting and module replacement of info' system. btu overall a very bad experience. and it felt so that the executives were not bothered with the facts.

the problem with the door getting stuck is still there and till Murphy decides to lay off i can not show it to the compnay guys. so any brains ticking?

lastly need help on purchase of revese cam for the vehicle and an Monitor for the DVD for the second row.

Overall worth a buy and the wait.
Write everything and upload pictures on xuv Facebook page .
Remember 1 important thing address your problems to mr anand mahindra he is very serious about all this things .
Secondly communicate with iron rock on this forum he too has a xuv and he can be great help.
Don't worry many of the problems mahindra is solving .if you a.s.s in city are giving you problem one post on Facebook or anand mahindras twitter account will solve your problems the key is to write everything in detail .all the best and enjoy the powerful xuv to the fullest .

nice name and equally matching
so far amazing review given dockap
how is performance of wolverine now after few months
also what about that initial startup problem you mentioned

Dear Dockap, i am new to the TAI and would just like to thank you for the great review of your WOLVERINE ! Wish you many happy miles ahead.

As i can see from the images that you have manged to get most of the things to pamper your ride such as body cleaners, air pump etc. What about the floor matting ? Have you managed to get 3d foot mats? That plays a vital role in keeping the interior of your car clean. Why am i asking is because i have not seen any XUV 5OO owner with 3d mats either on this forum or on others.

Thread Starter #55
Hi dockap its been a long time with, no updates of Wolverine.How many kms has it clocked till now.
Extremely sorry for not posting updates or replying. It has been a wonderful journey with my XUV. Many long and memorable trips and vacations. It was a pleasure to own and drive my XUV. Good roads, bad roads or no roads always eager to go anywhere. Some minor niggles yes but nothing can beat the value for money offered by the XUV. It is 4 years now and odo stands at 69k, time has come to move on. Wolverine has found a new owner. The joy of welcoming Dark knight my Panther black Ford Endeavor Titanium 4x4 and at the same time the sorrow of saying good bye to Wolverine. I have posted a few random snaps of Wolverine and the final snaps of him going away to his new owner. I almost cried.

Attachments

Wolverine has found a new owner. The joy of welcoming Dark knight my Panther black Ford Endeavor Titanium 4x4 and at the same time the sorrow of saying good bye to Wolverine. I have posted a few random snaps of Wolverine and the final snaps of him going away to his new owner. I almost cried.
Welcome Dark knight, bye bye Wolverine. Congratulations. How you feel the driving dynamics of these vehicles? Suggest to open a new thread.

Thread Starter #57

Top Bottom