"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD

Congoz Dockap for buying such a great car.
Just enjoy the hunting with the Cheetah now..oops sorry Wolverine..:biggrin:

Ah,Magnum..hmmm..its still my favorite diesel car,though it may look dated to some,but the raw power this car offers still has no match.

Your Magnum is also looking like its still new..I really can't believe if this car has done 98k kms.

Last edited:
Hi dockap, looks like you took the Mysore-Hassan-Shiradi Ghat-Mangalore on your maiden trip on XUV.

From the pics it looks so.

Yet to read the review.[:)]

First of all heartiest congratulation to you for your "WOLVERINE"

I have also booked an XUV (White). When I first saw the car I was mesmerised by the beauty and aggressiveness of Cheetah.Undoubtebly it is the best looking, VFM (in paper) car (or SUV) in India at this price level.
But reading about niggles I am quiet confused now, also there is Maruti Ertiga launched . [frustration]
My heart says XUV, but mind says other car.
I will follow your update about your XUV

List of accessories installed

Cost breakup.

Ex showroom Rs 13,29,500
Insurance( 0 depreciation ) Rs 33,500
Life tax Rs 2,50,800
Registration- temporary Rs 1,500
Registration– Permanent (Broker fee + choice of running no) Rs 3,000
Accessories Rs 50,000
Discounts Nil
Total Rs 16,68,300
Finance Nil
One thing , you mentioned "Registration– Permanent (Broker fee + choice of running no) Rs 3,000", how is this possible?

Thread Starter #20
I thought "This guy is a rich guy selling his new Magnum for XUV". But I really impressed by the way you have maintained your Magnum. I am sure you will maintain you wolverine in same way also. :-)
I wish what you highlighted in bold was true[:D] but sadly its one big struggle. I will maintain Wolverine in a better way cause i do not want rust formation to cut short my ownership again.

Congoz Dockap for buying such a great car.
Just enjoy the hunting with the Cheetah now..oops sorry Wolverine..:biggrin:

Ah,Magnum..hmmm..its still my favorite diesel car,though it may look dated to some,but the raw power this car offers still has no match.

Your Magnum is also looking like its still new..I really can't believe if this car has done 98k kms.
Thanks. what you say about the magnum is very true. The comfort and power offered by the magnum is very difficult to match in that price bracket

Hi dockap, looks like you took the Mysore-Hassan-Shiradi Ghat-Mangalore on your maiden trip on XUV.
Hi, I took the Nelamangala-Hassan-Shiradi Ghat-Mangalore route and the photos are clicked at some turn on Shiradi Ghat. btw are you konkani cause i saw a pic of you with your Scorpio which had Ramnathi stickered on the rear glass.

@dockap : congrats...all the best with your xuv!
Hey man Thank you. I guess you too have a black XUV AWD so wish you the same[thumbsup]

Congrats on your new SUV. It certainly is one of the best SUV in the price bracket apart from a few niggles.
B/w, How does it feel to maintain the beauty of the wolverine?
And what about the city driving experience? I heard its a bit pain in the city due to the hard clutch [confused].

Your magnum looks very well maintained. Is it tuned by Pete's? cos I can see a badge at the rear. [:)]

Thread Starter #22
Congrats on your new SUV. It certainly is one of the best SUV in the price bracket apart from a few niggles.
B/w, How does it feel to maintain the beauty of the wolverine?
And what about the city driving experience? I heard its a bit pain in the city due to the hard clutch [confused].

Your magnum looks very well maintained. Is it tuned by Pete's? cos I can see a badge at the rear. [:)]
Thanks. What you say is very true cause i took delivery even though i knew about the various niggles. Its a real pain to maintain a black car but the jet black shining look of a well maintained black car is reward enough for the hard work. As i have been driving Diesel cars from the last 10 years i do not find the clutch to be hard and city driving is not a problem its only that you may need a slightly bigger parking slot and reversing is difficult but that can be corrected by installing a reverse camera.
About the Magnum, I had purchased a Green cotton storm conical air filter from Pete's and i got the sticker with the air filter.

Hi, I took the Nelamangala-Hassan-Shiradi Ghat-Mangalore route and the photos are clicked at some turn on Shiradi Ghat. btw are you konkani cause i saw a pic of you with your Scorpio which had Ramnathi stickered on the rear glass.
Yes Dockap ,Ramnathi is our Home god in Ponda, South Goa.

We visit the temple every year.

Yes i do speak Konkani.[:)]

That was a splendid review dockap, your son looks cute too.

Last edited:
, your son looks cute too.
i was going to mention the same.
I feel he is enjoying the XUV more than you.

Congrats for your ride. It looks awesome in black.
I Am sure pictures do not do justice to the beauty of your car.
Happy motoring.

Thanks. What you say is very true cause i took delivery even though i knew about the various niggles. Its a real pain to maintain a black car but the jet black shining look of a well maintained black car is reward enough for the hard work. As i have been driving Diesel cars from the last 10 years i do not find the clutch to be hard and city driving is not a problem its only that you may need a slightly bigger parking slot and reversing is difficult but that can be corrected by installing a reverse camera.
About the Magnum, I had purchased a Green cotton storm conical air filter from Pete's and i got the sticker with the air filter.
Ohk. Anyways congrats on your ride & enjoy!
Drive Safe. [:)]

Thread Starter #26
Yes Dockap ,Ramnathi is our Home god in Ponda, South Goa.

We visit the temple every year.

Yes i do speak Konkani.[:)]

That was a splendid review dockap, your son looks cute too.
Thanks, Ramnathi is our Kuladevata also but we visit ponda once in 2 or 3 years.

i was going to mention the same.
I feel he is enjoying the XUV more than you.

Congrats for your ride. It looks awesome in black.
I Am sure pictures do not do justice to the beauty of your car.
Happy motoring.
Thanks, he was really excited about the XUV and wanted me to drop him to and from his school bus and tutions every day on it but now its back to normal and yes the XUV looks way way better in the flesh than in any photos.

Initial Ownership Impressions-

Engine and Performance: Engine Responsiveness is good , Acceleration with 0-100 figure of 12.8 seconds is good better than many small to midsize sedans, almost all hatch backs available in India, Turbo Lag is minimal, Braking feels inadequate but does the job finally,
It is gem of engines.The same is powering Scorpio, but for XUV it has been further tuned and modified.[clap]

Initial Ownership Impressions-
Ride and Handling: Comfort levels and seating position is good on smooth roads, seats although big and spacious are a bit hard. On bad roads and when going over potholes the suspension lets out thuds and whole vehicle wobbles like it will come apart any time.
I think it is typical M&M suv behaviour thanks to stiff suspension.It is present in scorpio also but not in Xylo.[frustration]

Congrats for the car .

I was even more surprised by the things that you have bought for car like air pressure meter / cleaning polishes / coolers / adapeter/ air compressor etc.

That is one lucky xuv

Thread Starter #29
First of all heartiest congratulation to you for your "WOLVERINE"
I have also booked an XUV (White). When I first saw the car I was mesmerised by the beauty and aggressiveness of Cheetah.Undoubtebly it is the best looking, VFM (in paper) car (or SUV) in India at this price level.
But reading about niggles I am quiet confused now, also there is Maruti Ertiga launched . [frustration]
My heart says XUV, but mind says other car.
I will follow your update about your XUV
One thing , you mentioned "Registration– Permanent (Broker fee + choice of running no) Rs 3,000", how is this possible?
Thanks, I have been following the ownership reviews and niggles since the last 5 months and knowing full well of these i purchased the XUV and if given a choice now i would still stick to my decision because i wanted a vehicle with the characteristics of the SUV.The ertiga is more like a small station wagon and i no way comparable to the XUV. If you have the budget i would advice you to follow what your heart says.
As for the Rs 3,000 for permanent registration and running number the broker quoted Rs 1,500 i think for permanent registration and i gave him another 1,500 to get me a number ending with 7 in the present running series so it was not exactly my choice but any number ending with 7.

ilango[speed thirst];154299 said:
Congrats for the car .
I was even more surprised by the things that you have bought for car like air pressure meter / cleaning polishes / coolers / adapeter/ air compressor etc.
That is one lucky xuv
Thanks, Black colour vehicles require extra maintenance

Thanks, I have been following the ownership reviews and niggles since the last 5 months and knowing full well of these i purchased the XUV and if given a choice now i would still stick to my decision because i wanted a vehicle with the characteristics of the SUV.The ertiga is more like a small station wagon and i no way comparable to the XUV. If you have the budget i would advice you to follow what your heart says.
As for the Rs 3,000 for permanent registration and running number the broker quoted Rs 1,500 i think for permanent registration and i gave him another 1,500 to get me a number ending with 7 in the present running series so it was not exactly my choice but any number ending with 7.

Thanks, Black colour vehicles require extra maintenance
Thanks dockap it will give me confidence that I have made a right decision[;)]

Top Bottom