Windows 8 OS: Tips, Tricks and Discussions

Thread Starter #1
seems to work well and has better usability than windows 7.

seems a bit optimized for the tablet pcs though.

love the interface and boot times are pretty fast. [clap]

only had a problem in installing .netframework 3.5 but got it worked out with trial and error methods. [glasses]

Re: Anyone Tried New Windows 8 OS on PC?

Even i thought of posting this thread
I have seen the appearance of window8
It was excellent.
I liked toooo planning to install in my PC.
Any one used pls post your suggestion.

Dear Rajval....i have been using windows 8 since last 3 days and what i have observed is that the os is really quite refreshing with a new start screen and charm bar. It takes you a little while to understand "what is where". It really boot fast as comparable to other microsoft earlier os's. But i still wish microsoft could have provided an option to bring back the start menu as an utility and the simple utilities like a new dedicated task manager for background processes and applications is awesome. One thing microsoft has also done is that now you can pause your copy/paste process and also see the data transfer rate in graphical view. finally my opinion is "YES" for windows 8 and microsoft has now really come up with the future of desktop pcs and os's.

How is it with Mouse and keyboard? I do not have a touch screen [cry] but microsoft offering an upgrade to windows8 pro for 1999 INR. Confused to go for it.

How is it with Mouse and keyboard? I do not have a touch screen [cry] but microsoft offering an upgrade to windows8 pro for 1999 INR. Confused to go for it.
it is as good as windows 98 with mouse and keyboard :). I also have non touch screen pc and it is working fine for me. The upgrade seems to be totally personal choice.

I use windows 7 on my laptop. Is it wise to upgrade to Windows 8 now as that is fully functional now, what is the upgrade cost

I did it on my dell studio laptop, I dint like the performance. The bootup time is more than win 7.

My System conf is 4gb ddr3 ram, I5 processor, 500 gb HDD, 1GB nvidia Graphics card.

I use windows 7 on my laptop. Is it wise to upgrade to Windows 8 now as that is fully functional now, what is the upgrade cost
dear microsoft is now in full swing to sell windows 8, currently microsoft is offering windows 8 pro for Rs. 1999.00 for windows 7 users until January 13, 2013.Moreover, those users who have purchased a Windows 7 PC after June 2 can download the Windows 8 Pro for a discounted price. So, anyone with a Windows 7 PC bought between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 can download Windows 8 Pro for an estimated retail price of Rs 699.

I did it on my dell studio laptop, I dint like the performance. The bootup time is more than win 7.

My System conf is 4gb ddr3 ram, I5 processor, 500 gb HDD, 1GB nvidia Graphics card.
well i also have dell inspiron 14r with ( Core i3, 4 GB DDR3, 500Gb HDD ) and will try this win8 pro on the same and only then be able to tell you. As far as performance of win8 pro on my pc is concerned then it is totally opposite what you have said in your comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mine is Dell vostro 1014 with Windows 7 ultimate. 2GB, 320GB. So should I go for windows 8 or not. Varun what do you say.

nitesh thank you for info.

Ok, Varun I will wait for some time and get some info from users.

is that Pro, then for how much you bought it

Mine is almost similar but I have i7 processor and 1TB hard disk along with a 2GB NVIDIA graphics card. If you didn't like the performance, how will it work on my system? Anyway upgrade is on progress. I am downloading Windows8 pro on the other side[clap]

Thread Starter #14

mine is an average build intel dual core E5200 with the HD7750.

and it is fast , much faster than windows 7.

mine is the enterprise build 9200.

I had downloaded and used Windows 8 when they have released the beta version for free. Since my system was good old PIV [not updated for since I have been using company provided laptops for so many years hehehe] it was good then to the extent. Since My system was not comptible with windows 8 i have gone back to XP.

I think windows 8 is more fun with touch screen. Just tried using a demo system at HP outlet recently. It was great with I5 system and 22" monitor. That system cost was something around 68k.

Top Bottom