Windows 7 Troubling with New Hardware?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Since last couple of weeks, the windows 7 on my computer is randomly throwing up an error message on blue screen, “A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...” This error usually appears either when the Windows are restarted or switched back from Hibernation mode. Whenever it happens, I have to fully restart the machine. I searched a bit to know more about this error and finally found that most likely the culprit is my mouse. And voila, now whenever I remove the mouse connection while starting up, it does not appear at all. Now, I am just wondering what can be done to permanently fix this problem or the only solution is remove mouse every time I start up the PC?

Please refer to this picture to know about the complete error:
PC Error.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Windows 7 Troubling with New Hardware

One immediate hit n trial suggestion change your mouse and see. If that does not work ask some PC engineer to have a look at it. I do not think, mouse is playing any role and clashing with windows 7 at any level.

It is like; my car tyres cannot be the reason for my engine failure [lol]. (I know it is a stupid example) Or is it possible [thinking]

are u sure it is the mouse? i solved this by changing the RAM. i think also this is the RAM problem. do get it checked.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team

I cannot pinpoint the exact cause but now I am not getting that error whenever I disconnect mouse while starting up. So that’s why my suspect is towards mouse.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Vibhor this problem\error is because of the incorrect\incompatible drivers installed, try updating your drivers, if not last option is to format the C:(windows) and reinstall win 7.
One more thing, don't install the drivers provided with the system after installing win 7,
it should automatically take the drivers, only some devices drivers to be installed like the display and audio drivers (it happens rarely). If any further problems PM me I ll help u out..

I had these kind of issues after installing Google chrome.
moment i close down chrome- the blue screen.!!!
I googled and found it was common thing, but after a couple of updates it is now fine again.
Driver conflict can also be a reason. get all your drivers updated.

If that comes again,disconnect all the hardware and reconnect them,and then restore the system using system restore,problemo solved,i had this experience when a Trojan[evil] attacked my system when using Google chrome

Vibhor,

The BLUE screen is the memory error dump from the operating system. It usually shows up when encountering fatal errors. So, mouse can be left out of the question as it is loaded/initialised much later at startup.

What you can try is to open the cabinet and clean all dust around microprocessor, RAM, and ports and all bus wires (the flat white cable). Also, check if the SMPS is fine and not heating.

Now restart your machine with mouse ofcourse. If the issue still surfaces next step is to re-install Windows version you have. If problem is still there then RAM or MB are at fault.

Few tips from the creator itself : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

freakdude.

@Freakdude: His is a laptop, and opening the components may void the warranty.
SMPS can't be seen inside laptop.

@Vibhor: according to me, just removing the Ram and fixing it again may solve the problem.
Is your laptop heating a lot?

And make sure you keep your laptop on wooden surface and not on bed, if you are keeping it on bed.
Such errors creep in when laptop gets heated, due to lack of heat dissipiating from it.

Just visit HCL if your laptop is in warranty.
As giving it to outsiders may damage and later company may deny it saying it's tampered.

@Freakdude: His is a laptop, and opening the components may void the warranty.
SMPS can't be seen inside laptop.

@Vibhor: according to me, just removing the Ram and fixing it again may solve the problem.
Is your laptop heating a lot?

And make sure you keep your laptop on wooden surface and not on bed, if you are keeping it on bed.
Such errors creep in when laptop gets heated, due to lack of heat dissipiating from it.

Just visit HCL if your laptop is in warranty.
As giving it to outsiders may damage and later company may deny it saying it's tampered.

OOPSSS...
I thought it's a desktop since he is attaching/detaching mouse.

If it's a laptop than most certainly it is a cooling problem and can be avoided using a cooling pad. My laptop used to shut down automatically due to heating problem, I solved it by blowing air from my mouth to the heat sink vent at an angle while laptop was on. Lots of dust came out and it worked fine after that.

If not cooling problem then it's the RAM.

freakdude.

are u sure it is the mouse? i solved this by changing the RAM. i think also this is the RAM problem. do get it checked.
Yes it can be incompatible RAM

Power issues as well

I had similar problem , I had to replace a new power supply and it was all good after that

What are the things you have in your computer and how big is the power supply .

BSOD (blue Screen of Death) sucks big time

OOPSSS...
I thought it's a desktop since he is attaching/detaching mouse.

If it's a laptop than most certainly it is a cooling problem and can be avoided using a cooling pad. My laptop used to shut down automatically due to heating problem, I solved it by blowing air from my mouth to the heat sink vent at an angle while laptop was on. Lots of dust came out and it worked fine after that.

If not cooling problem then it's the RAM.

freakdude.
for one instance I really thought of the cooling problem but not quiet sure man . He should give it a go and see if that comes up

Execute "sigverif.exe" to get list of signed drivers. In case if any unsigned drivers are listed then that can be a suspect for the crash. Also would suggest that you don't install drivers shipped with device, let Windows 7 determine them automatically. Also check Vendors website of latest version is available

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
First off, thanks for the prompt and helpful responses. :smile:

Hi Vibhor this problem\error is because of the incorrect\incompatible drivers installed, try updating your drivers, if not last option is to format the C:(windows) and reinstall win 7. One more thing, don't install the drivers provided with the system after installing win 7, it should automatically take the drivers, only some devices drivers to be installed like the display and audio drivers (it happens rarely). If any further problems PM me I ll help u out..
Thanks, Varun. I just recently installed some important Windows updates.

I had these kind of issues after installing Google chrome. moment i close down chrome- the blue screen.!!!
I googled and found it was common thing, but after a couple of updates it is now fine again. Driver conflict can also be a reason. get all your drivers updated.
How do you close the chrome? None of the keys / command works whenever this screen appears.

If that comes again,disconnect all the hardware and reconnect them,and then restore the system using system restore,problemo solved,i had this experience when a Trojan attacked my system when using Google chrome
Tried this earlier, but not solved. I am using up-to-date McAfee. Hopefully there shouldn’t be a virus?

The BLUE screen is the memory error dump from the operating system. It usually shows up when encountering fatal errors. So, mouse can be left out of the question as it is loaded/initialised much later at startup.
You might be correct, but I still maintain my stand about the mouse because this screen appears during start up (or a little after that) normally only if the mouse is connected.

Thanks for that.

Is your laptop heating a lot? And make sure you keep your laptop on wooden surface and not on bed, if you are keeping it on bed. Such errors creep in when laptop gets heated, due to lack of heat dissipiating from it.
Yes, it does throws out the reasonable amount of heat. But mostly it is not used on bed.

Just visit HCL if your laptop is in warranty. As giving it to outsiders may damage and later company may deny it saying it's tampered.
Now the error is not showing up since sometime, and my laptop’s warranty expires this week. There’s an option for extended warranty after that, though.

Execute "sigverif.exe" to get list of signed drivers. In case if any unsigned drivers are listed then that can be a suspect for the crash. Also would suggest that you don't install drivers shipped with device, let Windows 7 determine them automatically. Also check Vendors website of latest version is available
Thanks, just did that. All the drivers are signed except for one: "entech.sys".

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
Just an update: This problem seems to have almost disappeared ever since I updated Windows. Got the error only once a while ago.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just an update: This problem seems to have almost disappeared ever since I updated Windows. Got the error only once a while ago.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Good to know that, and have you ever kept your laptop in Standby mode for the whole night.?

That might be a reason for blue screen , which is caused due to memory overflow in RAM.

If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Top Bottom