Willys Jeep Mission

Thread Starter #46
Dear Folks,

Some of my friends shared their thoughts to modify the Jeep like a Rubicon, Some advised to maintain the Originality, some asked to change the tyres with Radial tyres.

Please share your thoughts too.

Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Thread Starter #47
Hi Deepak,

Yes. It was a adventurous trip and had lot of fun.
Thanks for your comments.

Now, iam modifying the jeep exterior body.

Honestly speaking, iam not finding time to spend time with my Jeep modification.

So, whenever i find time during my weekend and sunday, iam doing it with the help of local mechanics.

Happy Jeeping!!
Ram

Thread Starter #48
Dear Folks,

With the help of local Mechanics i did alterations to my Jeep to have a look and feel of Willys MB. Soon i will be sharing pics of my altered Jeep.

Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Thread Starter #50
Dear Folks,

Even though the Jeep is modified with the outer look, still the Jeep is running in 2WD and doesn't fulfill the actual need which a Jeep does. Ofcourse, you all know the actual Jeep's use will be like offroading and go anywhere.
Thought of converting the Jeep from 2WD to 4WD. It needs old spares to fit. Need your suggestions.

Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Thread Starter #52
Dear Folks,

I spoke to the Junkyard Owner who buy & manages the scraps....and finally strike a deal in removing the front Differential and Transfer Case set up. Will keep you posted.

Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Thread Starter #54
Dear Folks,

So finally Our Willys jeep is going to get a Transfer case 4WD which will be removed from mm540

Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Thread Starter #55
Also, found a good old CJ3B 4WD Front Housing Assembly with Front End and Leaf Spring and Shock Absorbers. It will be more suitable for my Willys. But, it’s Rear pair is missing which might result in misalignment if we fix it. So, it is always advisable to use the Front and Rear housing as a pair.

front 4wd assembly.jpg

Dear Folks,

Finally decided the take the Jeep to the Mechanic Shop. Took few pics before taking it to Mechanic.

Willys and TUV.jpg

Willys and TUV2.jpg

Willys and TUV4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #56
Dear Folks,

Did some analysis on 4 wheel drive and searched in some of the books and Internet and googled it. Found some interesting article about how 4WD operates and what's the use of "Transfer Case" and how the power gets transmitted to front wheel...etc
How 4WD Works .JPG

Thread Starter #57
Dear Folks,

Additionally found a interesting picture about Transfer Case with Twin Lever Gear.

4WD Transfer Case.JPG

Dear Folks,

Please find the Actual Picture of Transfer Case assembled with the main gear box.

Transfer Case.JPG

Dear Folks,

This is how the Skeleton will look like

Chassis with Engine and GearBox.JPG

The other side look of Skeleton

Skeleton.JPG

Dear Folks,

Sharing few Tips about 4WD. The below mentioned Driving Techniques are followed by 4WD Jeepers.

4WD Driving Techniques.JPG

Thread Starter #58
Dear Folks,

As a first step, mechanic removed the existing 2WD gear box from the jeep

1616232023945.png

1616232173580.png

Also, at the same time, Mechanic removed the 4WD gearbox from MM540.

transfercase_removedmm540.png

So, Removed Rear Right Aligned Housing from the Willys and tried to do a modification by giving it in lathe to make it left aligned.

1616233081704.png

1616233292616.png

1616233363196.png

Resulted in Failure. Since, it needs a complex modification and may end up with misalignment. So, dropped the Idea of modifying the left aligned rear housing to right aligned.

Finally, removed the Old Jeep’s Rear housing which is already left aligned..

1616233434562.png

1616233477837.png

1616233518411.png

1616233518411.png

Thread Starter #60
Hi Sandeep,

Yes. iam quite some days and unable to upload and share the information and got little busy with my current work. Now on, you all can see the latest updates.

Happy Jeeping,
Ram

Top Bottom