Will You Buy a FIAT if the Mentioned Things are Changed?

Will you buy a FIAT if the mentioned things are changed?

• Total voters
a) Interiors are in bad shape or do not justify paying such a huge about of money.
b) After sales support, hmmm I cannot comment much as I have not experienced it but people says it is bad. So word of mouth wins here.
c) No efforts being made my the company as such to sell their cars, literally no efforts. (Again personal opinion)
d) Low ground clearance and higher wheelbase of Punto makes it touch on almost every hump in the city.

So according to me they have to literally stretch their socks and start thinking about it.

Ofcourse, tie up with TATA should be a "TATA" (bye bye)
:agree: on all the above points.
If fiat reduce the price then there will be many takers for sure.At lower price we can justify above points neglected.
IMO : Palio is better than current Punto

This is only engine, sub 10-15 lakh, which has Turbo. I am sure you like Diesel, because of its turbo, imagine you have turbo kick like Diesel and also can rev like petrol.

Did you get chance to TD yet, the T-Jet?

I agree RSM i never said T-Jet is bad just that i don't like Petrol and our running is a bit high![:)] I have not driven the T-Jet till now but based on the reviews i have seen so far i think it will satisfy the driver inside me!

I don't mind picking up a Fiat. I have trust in TATA/Fiat's A.S.S since we have been owning a TATA vehicle for more than 15 years now. Even Interiors i am ready to adjust if not the best it certainly is not the worst either!

This is only engine, sub 10-15 lakh, which has Turbo. I am sure you like Diesel, because of its turbo, imagine you have turbo kick like Diesel and also can rev like petrol.
I completely agree with RSM. The Tjet is one great car to drive. And honestly speaking, TJET is the first turbo petrol sedan i ever drove on such a long stretch.

This is what Top gear India have to say about Fiat:
"They still have cars that makes and breaks hearts. The brand to get yourself if you look at cars as an experience rather than mere transport. Their beauty and chassis engineering is marvellous. After sales even with Tata support isn't among the best."

IMHO Fiat cars do not lack the other competitors in any technology. In some cases they have additional features which are not found in Indian hatch market like Blue & Me, Widest set of tyres in E+, under body engine cover, having an option of better performing engine in diesel (90HP)
It would be illogical to say the least that these cars don't find buyers because of technological issues like gearbox or driveability. The reason is more psychological I believe.

I would take example of my wife, she dislikes Fiat for reasons not technical, like she hates the image of Fiat Padmini as soon she hears the brand.

Fiat needs to move on its own and get away from Tata, that would be one way to approach and get more models and be aggressive in advertising!
I am in complete agreement of above statement. Fiat has to do something to improve their image. Bringing T-Jet in Punto or increasing BHP / Torque level will only make their cars exclusive for the enthusiasts and I am sure Fiat would like to make cars for the mass rather than limiting themselves for enthusiasts only.

[cheers] Fiat do something.

Hi, I will happily buy Fiat if all things mentioned by members are changed but dont compare them with MSIL or Hyundai. These brands took ages to establish and Fiat is very new here !

Thread Starter #39
Hi, I will happily buy Fiat if all things mentioned by members are changed but dont compare them with MSIL or Hyundai. These brands took ages to establish and Fiat is very new here !
I dont think I agree to that point. Fiat as a car maker is much older than these ones. Look at how VW, although being new in India, has captured the market with innovative marketing, brand detailing and exciting finance schemes.

Fiat needs to do something to earn that makeover.

VW entered India in a big way and always showcased themselves as a premium brand amongst the lot. Eg: All their promos stressed on "Experience the German engineering" or some thing similar. This created an aura and status symbol around VW cars which helped it sales roar. At the end of day be it any product, brand image matters.

I dont think I agree to that point. Fiat as a car maker is much older than these ones. Look at how VW, although being new in India, has captured the market with innovative marketing, brand detailing and exciting finance schemes.

Fiat needs to do something to earn that makeover.
Hi, You are rite but VW is premium brand unlike Fiat ! Fiat is only very successful in only one country and it where they belong, italy !

Hi, You are rite but VW is premium brand unlike Fiat !
Only in India.
VW doesn't enjoy any premium tag elesewhere, except Germany.
Fiat is only very successful in only one country and it where they belong, italy !
Not true.
Fiat is highly successful, in emerging markets, like Brazil and South Africa.
Also, in Europe also, its is successful, for example - Norway etc.

Not true.
Fiat is highly successful, in emerging markets, like Brazil and South Africa.
Also, in Europe also, its is successful, for example - Norway etc.
I agree with Ravi here but quality of product in South America is different from the ones we have here.

So, it all boils down to quality of product at a price Fiat is asking for.

Slower pickup is justified technically ,which means good low end torque, increasing life of engine and gearbox at slow speed.
it may not be of everybody's taste ,that's all in it.
I have realized that fiat did not do it accidentally.
Where everybody struggles or engine shut off , punto passes easily especially on railway crossings humps, steep sloppy entering,badly damaged roads these are places i have always seen most of cars dieing off .
It is very easy to drive with free revving, torque y engine with an immediate feel on steering wheel you know your car is suffering the pain on road..-it definitely creates a strange bond between you and your ride.

coming to performance, 0-100 is 13.6 kmph i have got with two passengers ,that is just more than enough for regular life is'nt it?

if that is not enough Linea t-jet is the answer. Imagine that car with performance mod..phew!!!
I too agree with Jayadev.. when i took the TD, it was explained by sales guy why it is sluggish in 2nd gear..
Choosing a car is purely based on personal taste... Here we people are thinking about the resale value before even selecting the car.
I own Punto for the past 8 months crossed 10000 (10K) Kms. I dint face any problems. I took my car in coimbatore, sales person called me few times and asked about the issues if i am facing any....

Top Bottom