Will This Be Maruti's New Micro SUV?

Thread Starter #1
Maruti the leader in Indian Auto industry is always looking to enter in new growth areas and creating segments- followed by others.
Now if reports are yo be believed Maruti is engineering a car based on Suzuki's 'Hustler' .
B16BgJ9CIAAaX-F.jpg
Maruti Sub 4m SUV is based on Suzuki Hustler ,RND Started in India, named as Maruti Suzuki Hustler & AutoExpo 2016 ?
https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/status/531004197286576128/photo/1

Sub 4m suv? It surely looks good and maybe a spacious hatchback in the region of i20's, upcoming jazz that maruti might be thinking to launch this.
Looks like WagonR on right combination steriods.lol[lol]

Thread Starter #3
Sub 4m suv? It surely looks good and maybe a spacious hatchback in the region of i20's, upcoming jazz that maruti might be thinking to launch this.
For the Jazz and Elite Maruti will be bring the YRA premium hatch late 2015.

...am enjoying the funniest designs from Maruti Suzuki [lol]...come on Suzuki...
What else you expected from a conservative team that made only two (to my memory) good looking cars in 32 years. I'm referring to the original Zen and Swift. I'm thanking them for not making the Hustler taller by 2 more feet to improve STEALTH LOOKS and offering it with "FUEL EFFICIENT and SPECIALLY MADE FOR INDIAN ROADS" R10/125mm wheels. Oh God, what all we have to tolerate in my wonderful Country. I guess, if they bought designs of Fiat Uno and re-branded it, that also will outsell Punto [clown]. AND, I wish they don't keep the name Hustler; you know what I mean.

Tweaked ugly wagonR looks more funny and confused to me...BTW...am enjoying the funniest designs from Maruti Suzuki [lol]...come on Suzuki...
lol! Completely agree. On such design was the Stingray, super confused front with a wagon like design (don't want to hurt any owner's feelings, just my opinion!)

What else you expected from a conservative team that made only two (to my memory) good looking cars in 32 years. I'm referring to the original Zen and Swift. I'm thanking them for not making the Hustler taller by 2 more feet to improve STEALTH LOOKS and offering it with "FUEL EFFICIENT and SPECIALLY MADE FOR INDIAN ROADS" R10/125mm wheels. Oh God, what all we have to tolerate in my wonderful Country. I guess, if they bought designs of Fiat Uno and re-branded it, that also will outsell Punto [clown]. AND, I wish they don't keep the name Hustler; you know what I mean.
To me, the one and only beautiful looking Maruti Suzuki car in India was the Kizashi! It looked so good, would have been a worthy successor to the Civic if it had the H badge! [:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
To me, the one and only beautiful looking Maruti Suzuki car in India was the Kizashi! It looked so good, would have been a worthy successor to the Civic if it had the H badge
It had everything going for it except for the unexpected price tag. Maruti has a image of giving VFM cars to Indian market so when Kizashi was launched its price was the only factor holding back its sales. Simple question among buyers here was "Why to buy a Maruti for 20+ Lacs?" Had it been either of H (Honda or Hyundai) badges then it could have outnumbered Skoda's Laura and Superb by leaps and bounds surely.

Fun Fact: In my uncle's dealership, only 3-4 Kizashis were sold in all[:D].

For the Jazz and Elite Maruti will be bring the YRA premium hatch late 2015.
It is highly likely that Suzuki's Hustler when launched in India shall compete with Crossover segment. Moreover, the characteristics of this car affirm to it being a Suzuki CUV. In India I am sure Suzuki shall bring this vehicle with certain tweaks.

Here is a pic of interiors, alloys and various colors of Hustler's Japanese version.

Suzuki-Hustler-colours.jpg

Link

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #10

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti Suzuki micro SUV launch timeline revealed: Mahindra KUV100 rival

With the rising popularity of the SUVs in India, manufacturers are constantly developing SUV-inspired models for the various car segments for the market. Maruti Suzuki showcased the Future-S Concept model in the 2018 Auto Expo. As per a report, the concept model will go into production in 2019 and the launch is expected by the festive season of 2019.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti Future S small SUV launch this year – Diwali 2019

maruti-future-s-concept.jpg

The second major product for this year will be the production version of Future S (codenamed Y1K) mini SUV which is slated to be introduced ahead of festive season. The Ignis-sized mini crossover would be attempting to take advantage of the SUV craze that seems to be taking over segments across the size and price spectrums.

maruti-future-s-car-concept.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom