Why Xylo Was Outsold By the Innova?

I have meet many innova owner and all said one thing they brought it because of T only but not true for all. same goes for etios . yes agree T gives us refined product and strong ASS. after maruti people trust Toyota with eye close

I have meet many innova owner and all said one thing they brought it because of T only but not true for all. same goes for etios . yes agree T gives us refined product and strong ASS. after maruti people trust Toyota with eye close
Yeah few people are aware of "T" but not all.

OT, I think mahindra bolera sells very well.

and now innova will seriously feel the heat from Mahindra XUV if mahindra plays it well.

Which again shows it is not the "T" factor solely but the versatility , which counts in India.

By T logic toyota liva and etios should have outsold rest of the brands like hyundai and volkswagen.
vehicles in the month of October 2011,
- Toyota Etios+Liva: 3,405+ 2,454
-The Volkswagen brand sold 7266

I would say 2 reasons -

1) Brand image for a private user. It has been discussed in length & breadth here.

2) A HUGE chunk of innova customers is the Taxi market. Now, there are a lot of Xylos too as taxis but see the proportion. Taxi folks prefer innova as maintenance is low and because of the brand image, innova gets higher fare than xylos.

Thread Starter #34
@Raj:
you have caugh the small but right point..The Innova really has higher fares,even here you get a Xylo for 8-9 rs/km while Innova is at 10-11 Rs/Km and if you ask the operators why it is so then they say "it is because,it is an Innova!!".

Well,the 'T' badge thing really works and you can observe this by talking to most of the Toyota owners..

@Raj:
I think you too own an Innova?Well,what was the reason behind buying one?

@Jayadev:
This magic badge was given by the magical and revolutionary(because it brought revolution in Indian UV market) TOYOTA QUALIS,and from those days itself,people buy Toyota saying "Toyota hai toh acchi hi hogi(if its a Toyota then it is good)".

@Raj:
I think you too own an Innova?Well,what was the reason behind buying one?
We bought the Innova in 2006 when the only other option was the scorpio & safari. We already had a scorpio & we dint want to buy a TATA, so bought the Innova. Other than that, my parents liked the innova. That car is basically for them & I rarely use it.

Thread Starter #36
Well,bringing a dead thread to life once more,but:-
The Innova is getting an upgrade after a quite long time.
Aren't there any chances of Xylo too getting an upgrade?

Thread Starter #38
Well,I don't remember it quite well but once I had came across a news with some pics too of a Xylo being testes whose nose is hidden.
Has anyone also came across this news?

Yes i guess i saw some spy pics of Xylo being tested on ACI. As a matter of fact, it would be great if M&M changes the nose which is the only ugly aspect of the MUV.

Innova engine gets noisy above 100km/hr, feels crying for the sixth gear.
+1.

Innova is more reliable than Xylo. The engine is more refined & NVH is better.
agree to everything except this.

NVH of innova is bad. Engine is LOUD, tyre & wind noise is too much, outside noise creeps into the cabin (insulation is bad) & even the gear lever vibrates.

no matter what u say mostly innova sells just because of T brand
+100.

NVH of innova is bad. Engine is LOUD, tyre & wind noise is too much, outside noise creeps into the cabin (insulation is bad) & even the gear lever vibrates.
I haven't seen gear lever vibrating.
Btw, came across 2 Xylo owners who complained about tyres getting worn out faster. Even a scorpio driver (had hired Scorpio 2.6 crde taxi) informed that Xlyo has issues with tyres.

Innova outsells Xylo because :

1. Its a good looking Xover not some ugly looking MUV ala Xylo.

2. Its bulletproof reliable, unlike a "tractor in disguise"=Xylo.[lol]

3. Great handling unlike any other.

4. And not to mention- its a toyota[lol]

I feel Toyota created a Niche in India with Qualis. I used to hear the taxi drivers praising qualis's engine. They used to abuse the vehicle and it used to take it up with a glee. I guess this was the first impression users had about Toyota which got carried forward with their next vehicle Innova. Also, most people still are not convinced that Mahindra's vehicles can be comfortable.

Thread Starter #45
I haven't seen gear lever vibrating.
Btw, came across 2 Xylo owners who complained about tyres getting worn out faster. Even a scorpio driver (had hired Scorpio 2.6 crde taxi) informed that Xlyo has issues with tyres.
In the one lac km long journey of my Innova I have seen the gear lever vibrating every day,you start the car and it vibrates like hell,after that it stops vibrating(actually vibration becomes nearly negligible then.)

Innova outsells Xylo because :

1. Its a good looking Xover not some ugly looking MUV ala Xylo.

2. Its bulletproof reliable, unlike a "tractor in disguise"=Xylo.[lol]

3. Great handling unlike any other.

4. And not to mention- its a Toyota[lol]
Leave the point no. 2 and I agree for all other three points.Point no. 1 is quite true,awkward look of Xylo(front) still can't match the sophisticated look of Innova.
About point no.2,it feels like the 2.6 M-Eagle is a better unit then the 2.5 D-4D,it revvs better and pulls quite better only problem is that its power delivery is nowhere as linear or as smooth as on Innova.Any doubt to anyone?
Handling department is where the Innova is still an unrivaled champ.

I feel Toyota created a Niche in India with Qualis. I used to hear the taxi drivers praising qualis's engine. They used to abuse the vehicle and it used to take it up with a glee. I guess this was the first impression users had about Toyota which got carried forward with their next vehicle Innova. Also, most people still are not convinced that Mahindra's vehicles can be comfortable.
Xover's point no.4 has its best answer above.Even I too believe the same,it was the Qualis which laid a rock steady foundation of Toyota here in India,some people have covered even lacs kms in their Qualis but still they bet on it.
Toyota has made its image of giving reliable,low on maintenance and quite luxurious(leave Qualis here)and hence they are ruling their segments and people trust this brand with their closed eyes.
I myself once saw two people booking an Innova and when I simply asked them why not a Scorpio or Safari,they simply replied me "Its a TOYOTA and hence its overall better then both of them",even I too agree on the same.

Last edited:

Top Bottom