Why Workshops Are Least Bothered About Maruti 800?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I can recall that when I bought a Maruti 800 about 7 Years ago from now, the aftersales experience was like a charm. The workshops used to be too cordial and offered a top notch servicing (in terms of customer care, thorough servicing even without pointing out the issues etc). However, over last few years I have personally experienced a sudden drastic change with the service.

It seems that even the authorized workshops are least interested to attend Maruti 800s leave alone working on them with passion. I am sure it’s not just about the perception. Scenario is same regardless to whichever workshop you take the car. Although I understand that Maruti 800 has been too long in the tooth but then does that really matters. If I’m paying to them for servicing without a compromise on penny, I expect the service in return to be provided without a comprise as well. A few minor niggles have cropped up in my car. So I was thinking to service it soon. Can someone from Delhi recommend a ‘reliable’ Maruti Suzuki authorized service center?

Drive Safe,
350Z

i dont know about servicing, but we have a 2003 model 800 in our company & we are buying a Ritz using exchange bonus by selling the 800 to maruti dealer itself. but the dealer seems least interested in the 800 & even said "Sir, nobody is interested in this car these days"!

BUt still 800's resale value is some what higher.

Servicing it like a piece of cake , so easy and more over every smaller parts are available easily in the market. its just buy and fit like procedure.

may be authorized dealer may have low interest. but i hope local garage don't do them , atleast my mechanic doesn't , though he can work on Subaru and Ferrari cars long back in his Singapore life

If its only servicing, why not try some Multi brand car service centers like Carnation, Bosch. I assume there must be plenty of options in Delhi.

The answer is yes Vibhor. Maruti 800 hadn't been used for 6 months. When we sent it to the ASS for slight rebfurnishment to improve the gears and steering that got hard, it was returned the same way. In Mysore, our pristine M800 was returned with a rough gearshift.

Oh thats sad to hear 350Z! Why not try other dealers then? Or maybe even try Carnation or Bosch but you will have to pay slightly more!

Time to change your car buddy![evil]

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];54001 said:
BUt still 800's resale value is some what higher.

Servicing it like a piece of cake , so easy and more over every smaller parts are available easily in the market. its just buy and fit like procedure.

may be authorized dealer may have low interest. but i hope local garage don't do them , atleast my mechanic doesn't , though he can work on Subaru and Ferrari cars long back in his Singapore life
I’m hesitant to get it serviced from a roadside mechanic, till now; my car has always been serviced only from authorized workshops.

If its only servicing, why not try some Multi brand car service centers like Carnation, Bosch. I assume there must be plenty of options in Delhi.
Carnation – I have tried it, they are good in pleasing customers but still not the best towards an 800.

Oh thats sad to hear 350Z! Why not try other dealers then? Or maybe even try Carnation or Bosch but you will have to pay slightly more!Time to change your car buddy![evil]
I think change isn’t the most suitable word; the car will be retained anyway. I know how many times she has helped to get out from some certain situations where an SUV or Luxury sedan would just keep struggling.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Carnation – I have tried it, they are good in pleasing customers but still not the best towards an 800.

I think change isn’t the most suitable word; the car will be retained anyway. I know how many times she has helped to get out from some certain situations where an SUV or Luxury sedan would just keep struggling.

Drive Safe,
350Z
What about Bosch? Tried it?
As for retaining, i too would suggest you to keep the car rather than selling it at throw away price.

Oops yes i knew you would not sell the car , i should have been more specific , sorry. So why not get a new now?

And why not try other Authorized service centers around your locality? Being a Maruti am sure you will many choices. I myself have around 4-5 within a radius of 5km from my home.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
Oops yes i knew you would not sell the car , i should have been more specific , sorry. So why not get a new now?
My search is still in the process.
And why not try other Authorized service centers around your locality? Being a Maruti am sure you will many choices. I myself have around 4-5 within a radius of 5km from my home.
Yes options are many but point is about them not offering much deserved attention to the car properly.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh so all of them are the same? God , it must be pretty annoying! You must be knowing some SA'S pretty well now since you own your car for a long time , they must atleast take good care of your car!

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
I have generally stick to a specific service station from a few years now (Engineer’s Service Station) because they are pretty familiar with me and my car, their work is good but not up to the mark as it used to be before. Other service stations nearby are just close to pathetic, some of them does not even have proper equipments.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Strange to hear of this since the 800 would fetch any dealer/service centre more money by way of parts replacement/service charges, than a newer generation of vehicle in the maruti stable as new gen cars rarely require extensive parts replacement/labour intensive work, accident cases being the exception.

Generally, new gen cars rarely earn dealerships/service centres more money in service costs, due to 1) longer service intervals 2) better quality parts last longer 3) Extensive Warranties Covering all major issues.

Thats why nowadays, workshops run more on accident work than general service & that extended warranties are pushed onto customers via hard core sales technics, so that dealer/service centre can make some money this way.

Top Bottom