Why Not To Buy New Hyundai i20

Hyundai always nails the best shot in their segment, and gets loaded with all features(Features one above the segment).
But this time, they have an advantage of different Engine and Transmission option in I20 also (But lack of diesel auto is a turn off).

TATA Motors maybe has a chance to hit off the i20 with upgrade. TATA gave Altroz with just a low end upgrade by adding XM+ variant. Now they will still add XT+ XZ+ XZ(O) and also MXA, XTA and XZA too its line up. So you have a possibility to see features add when they launch the turbo variant.
That too makes Three engine variants.
As AMT variant is compatible to this engine, maybe TATA can plan to add an AMT to the base XMA variant and DCT to XTA and XZA for a competitive edge in Diesels.

Hyundai i20 car is too costly for those who purchase the car.
Mileage of this car is ok, but not good .
Hyundai i20 car give satisfaction to the user those who take a long trip. It gives comfortable feeling in the car.
Road grip of this car is not so good as compared to maruti motor vehicles.
Head light of this car is good compared to all other company's cars.
AC of this car is too bad, and some time creates bad smell in the car.

The i20 isn't even engaging to drive like the Maruti Baleno or the TATA Altroz then i don't why one has to pay the premium price for the features it offers than the competitors.

There is no feel (literally not) and feedback from the steering of the Hyundai i 20 (even though it is easy for maneuvering in the city) than its rivals, say Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and TATA Altroz. Most people buy their car only for the features and not for its engine (sportiness). And still many people don't even use every features till they sell the car.

With this type of trend among the customers car manufacturers are more focused in bringing new features rather than new sporty/enthusiast friendly engines nowadays.

If you don't drive regularly on highways, i20 is a VFM, for one looking for 2nd car, or first time buyers who want features but can't extend to above segment. i 20 has many features which none in the segment offers.
I had the same dilemma when I was looking for a car for 5 years, and Swift v/s i20, what I looked is pure driving pleasure. Hence it landed in my garage.

Have seen the car on road its wider than the current i20 drives smoothly, but is very pricey, design language has changed. Still people are queuing to buy. The NVH and smoothness of hyundai is next to none. If hyundai becomes too greedy then market will teach it a lesson. Also making negative publicity of car is also not good, Why only compare it to altroz?

Last edited:

Top Bottom