Why New Ford Fiesta isn’t Doing Well Enough in India?

IMO ford placed fiesta in wrong price range they should think twice before putting so much of tag on her second looks are terrible whether whether we talk about its interior or exterior same was also mentioned in earlier post of this thread also.

In Bangalore you will probably see more exotics than new Fiesta,yesterday after 3 months i saw a new Fiesta,i had never seen in reality how it looks from the front & i liked it,but the rear appearance is disgusting.

Fiesta,yeah its a great driver's car but then in India ho many people even know what a true driver's car is?
The rear seat of new Fiesta is nowhere as comfy as of a City,its interior quality is also still not there while it is priced higher than all.I mean if I would have to buy a car for this price then I would have gone for a Chevrolet Optra Magnum or say a Verna and both of them feel tremendous VFM in front of new Fiesta.
So,its only price which is wrong with a right car.

Ford came up with a beauty of a driver's car, the 1.6 S. A powerful engine with decent mileage.

However, in the process of trying to attract more customer's with the tag line 'Fuel Efficiency' and plotting a 1.5L engine with dumb interiors and pricing it, as though its the one car to cry about, has dropped it into a bottomless pit. They have to change the interiors and reduce the price. Otherwise, this is one among the flopped cars.

well i feel even in ford can drop cost to 7 lakhs new fiesta will become hit. who want to pay 9 - 10 lakh for car which hasnt got basic thing like comfort right! [thumbsdown]

No doubt about this, unreal pricing is reason number ONE for the New Fiesta not taking off. I wouldn't be too surprised if Fords carries out 'price corrections' on the new Fiesta soon. As of now, I do not see a single USP of the Fiesta. The reviewers have even rated the dynamics of the old Fiesta 1.6 to be better than the new one's.

Buddy Fiesta classic is still doing well in the market. In fact Fiesta classic sells more than new Fiesta itself. Why would Ford want to kill a goose laying golden eggs? Maruti played the game well when Alto K10 was launched , both the models are selling in decent numbers.

New Fiesta if priced against the likes of Verna and Vento then it may have done well.

@ Sam Dinakar Well yes maybe but then it's one of the best handlers in this segment still only next to Linea. It trumps Verna , Vento and SX4 easily.

Today's Bangalore times has an ad saying something about save upto 75000 & effective price of 7.5 lk etc ,it says offer is for 2011 diesel VINS

Re: Why New Ford Fiesta isn’t Doing Well Enough in India?

Well its clearly known fact that pricing is keeping potential customers away from New Fiesta! After the great success story of Figo; was expecting a better pricing strategy by Ford. They captured the hatch market well with aggressive pricing. Wonder, what stopped them doing the same for New Fiesta! All said and done, I was bowled over by the driving dynamics of New Fiesta when I did a short test drive. Hope Ford India does something to this driver's beauty before its too late!

I think there are good discounts going the Fiesta way , but still i think that's not enough to keep the price at par with the competition. Only true Fiesta or Ford fans will buy the Fiesta no matter what.

Re: Why New Ford Fiesta isn’t Doing Well Enough in India?

It would have been a great hit if they named it any other name than Fiesta. [frustration]

Ford could have omitted Boron steel, same amount they could have spent on premium interior and launched the product in the right price bracket.
They could have provided airbag and ABS safety features as option in basic version (style).

I Agree. I like the design, features everything. But I don't buy it for sure.

Any how I will not insist this car because I had very bad impressions about it. The main problem is with the wire harness. Yazaki India is supplying wire harness for ford India.

They had to attend many problems with starting trouble, air bag not bursting out, etc. etc in the starting stage. at customer end. I know how important is a wire harness in an automobile.

But Yazaki is one of the best multinational company which is major supplier for almost all automobiles around the glob. The quality and everything is extra ordinary. That's why I chose Honda city for which harness is supplied from Yazaki Thailand. Not India.

Top Bottom