Why is Tata Indica Vista Most Under Rated Car?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

It's been a long time since I am watching TV reviews, reading buying opinions of the people from various forums. But one thing I noticed Vista is somewhat under rated car currently. I don't what are the perspective of others regarding this car but I personally feel that its the most VFM car available today.

There are issues with the car like plastic quality, some niggling issues but I not a single car is 100% perfect. On the ASS front I feel TATA is gradually improving on customer satisfaction.

So why this car is underrated? I pin point the following points which might be the reasons
1. Taxi image if Indica
2. TASS
3. Speculation of people that TATA is truck manufacturer and can't build good passenger vehicles.

What might be other reasons? Or I am the only one who thinks that Vista is underrated?

Even I agree that Vista is one of the most underrated car in Indian market.
And you have already mentioned the main reason behind this.

Also Tata is comparatively new to Car market. So it has VFM tag, but it will take some more time to stablize the perception and quality of its cars.

Well Vista is a VFM hatch, and the reasons mentioned by you are the ones responsible for it being an underrated car. Tata has improved the quality of interiors and like all other tatas even this one has roomiest interiors.

It is Tata's fault. They must have name it as just Vista and scrapped the indica name. The same applies for the Manza.

Thread Starter #6
It is Tata's fault. They must have name it as just Vista and scrapped the indica name. The same applies for the Manza.
Have you realized when Tata launched Vista with DriveTech4 they reduced the font of Indica and increased that of Vista. Hope they will drop it all together soon.

Have you realized when Tata launched Vista with DriveTech4 they reduced the font of Indica and increased that of Vista. Hope they will drop it all together soon.
IMHO It makes little difference though if the font is reduced. The Tata Grande was launched as Sumo Grande at 1st and later renamed. I'm not too convinced about some improvement if the 'Indica' tag is shelved all together, as the reputation might stick to it. Besides, IMO, 'Vista' sounds more like a suffix rather than a name.

Arun

Suspended
One of the prime reasons why the Vista is under-rated is that it has been badged as an 'Indica'. Say the word Indica in front of a layman, and the first words he comes up with will be 'white tourist vehicle'.

Now, the fact that so many travel operators ploy Tata vehicles proves that the vehicle is good. Now, this also says there is/should be a reasonably priced service network around the country.

The Vista. In terms of design, it is ages ahead of the tin boxes Tata has been serving the country. In terms of engine, the new drivetech4 mill does the job. There was a recent comparison in the newspaper. The Swift Zxi vs the Vista, in which the Vista had the upper-hand. The Vista offers more for less, which is utterly value for money.

A big, I mean BIG issue is with the brand name. A close friend of mine didn't consider the Vista only because it was Tata.
The other issue is the quality. Fit and finish needs to improve. These faults aren't minor niggles. They are huge mistakes! The panel gaps I have seen in a few cars are huge!!!

Keep revvin'

Arun..

I wont say its really underrated as such. it would be underrated if it would have been a flop. it does sell but in few numbers & thats expected.

the vista is using a tata badge & people very well know the disadvantages of owning & buying a tata.

350Z

Core Team
That’s a nice topic there, Sandeep. Tata Indica Vista is not the “most” but a little under rated car. Specifically, the overall reason for this, I suppose is almost certainly the competition in segment with cut throat price and features where Tata Motors is yet not able to stand among other carmakers and thus, making it an un-exciting deal. Secondly, since Maruti Suzuki has most wide range in segment with closely placed pricing, a typical new car buyer with basic budget and information won’t prefer to take risk for opting Tata because of the quality issues which are often reported by owners. Another reason is already said, which is Taxi image. However, I believe that “Indica” brand name has equally benefit as well as detriment the sales of car, that is because some take the Vista into consideration only because they know it is anyway a retagged Indica which has reliability (due to which Taxi operators preferred it) and some simply do not because doubting that niggles would be still present like earlier.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I don't like Vista because of its styling, like its rear end, dashboard with instruments in the center etc. Otherwise its good car with Fiat engines. Hope Tata will make some beauty full cars some day.

350Z

Core Team
I don't like Vista because of its styling, like its rear end, dashboard with instruments in the center etc. Otherwise its good car with Fiat engines. Hope Tata will make some beauty full cars some day.
We share some similar thoughts. I ain’t a big fan of it’s rear end design either but didn’t stated because as they say “looks are subjective” and it was pointless quarreling over them :smile:

indica_rear.jpg
(Image Courtesy: Google Images)

Drive Safe,
350Z

i feel the looks of the vista is neither good nor bad. i think this same car, if given to honda or suzuki, with a few nips & tucks here & there, can be made to look very good & sporty.

tata has given precedence to functionality over form.

Top Bottom