Why Honda CBR250R Owners Are Quickly Selling their Ride?

And it runs on a similar Honda PGM-Fi setup :) If a 223 Fi engine can go about 40-42, why can't a 250 give 35-38? Point to ponder you see :)
[clap] I think FE depends on lots of other things than just an FI bike.

ZMR is a 223cc engine producing only 17.5BHP where as CBR producec 25bhp ,ZMR is light in wight (2kgs ) , tires size is also less (100/90 rear and 80-100 front) comparing to CBR (110/80 Front and 140/70 rear) . Only plus point for CBR is that its bit more Aerodynamic than ZMR that's it. There are hardly any similarities in Engine and compression ratio of both bikes. So above points do give an EDGE to zmr when comparing FE of both bike.

I never got less than 32kmpl on highway at speeds 90-110kmph or 28kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic on my CBR.

Hi All, I own Honda CBR250R for almost year now. With my experience, I can say that the bike makes good case for itself. But you see many people selling her off.
I think the issue lies in high expectations that one carries with CBR250R & her frequent copmarison with Ninja 250R.
When I baught CBR, I was completely sold to her looks, & that's what keeps me engaged till today. But in terms of performance: as I was upgrading from RTR 180, I found her good. But nothing "menacing" about it. On contrary when I graduated from 100cc splendour to RTR, I was totally thrilled with punch RTR180 delivered.
The truth is CBR250R can not delever "Blow your mind" performance of Ninja & also it can not return you FE that can match with R15,P220,ZMR etc. It tries to be find good balance between both of the worlds.
May be some of the mates find this truth hard to digest after spending 1.6-1.9L & sell her off.
IMO CBR250R is more like faithful wife not dazzling Diva; though she does looks like one.

Slightly off topic, does anybody have idea about recent sales figures in India for CBR20R? & its comparison with R15 & KTM 200?

Its all in the feel. The CBR is really a quick bike..but it doesn't tend to show that exhilaration. Even today if you ride the P180 classic, you would find your RTR boring in comparison ;) Though in the performance dept, your RTR will outrun it in all departments.

Its all in the feel. The CBR is really a quick bike..but it doesn't tend to show that exhilaration. Even today if you ride the P180 classic, you would find your RTR boring in comparison ;) Though in the performance dept, your RTR will outrun it in all departments.
hi
I tried recording my bikes mileage but i find it difficult as the fuel guage doesnt seem to be so accurate and the last bar flashes sometimes early and sometimes even after flashing for a while comes back to halt!
Previously i used to own R15. In R15 speedo, F starts appearing when u are left with 1.5litre approx... Can you please tel me the correct method of recording fuel efficiency in my cbr?

Its been 10months and i have done 7k on odo...
I almost was about to sell my bike because of the engine noise which has been reduced alot after replacing the correct size shim... ASS was very poor when i bought and shims were not available for almost 6months and my bike was hell rough and sometimes i felt like throwing it in the corner and get an auto.
Even now it sounds a litte rough when it gets heated up... But its ok as being a single cylinder 250cc thats the best you can i guess...
As soon as i replaced the shims, it sounds way better n smooth! Now i am very happy with it!
Performance is way too good and the heavy big bike feel creates a smile whenever i hop the saddle!
The place where i stay has got very bad roads and loose sand at some places. Its because of its heavy weight and wider tyres that makes the bike cross loose sand and gravel with ease! I got habituated to this and i am doing the same on my dads unicorn and my bro's p180v2.. Lucky that i didnt break any of my bones!
My conclusion is being a 250cc please dont expect it to be a bombshell quarter litre sports bike or a track tool! Its a decent bike with good looks and good quality with a premium feel... A bike that has got a nice punch and awesome torque! A bike on which you can cover longer distances on highway with a great cruising speed and not at all lets you feel that its engine is under stress! A bike which doesnt want you to pull harder to extract power as a slight twist is enough to crack her up and thats because of its torque in initial.... Please understand the bike before you purchase!
And finally the spares and maintenance is pretty much low when compared to rivals which is not worth i guess for the small diff in the performance and for the price you pay for it... (x2)
If ninja was priced sensibly in india that is a little higher than cbr then definitely i would have taken that... But the difference would be that i rode my cbr 7k till date... If it was ninja i would have done not more than 3-4k til date! :p (mileage factor)
I would have ridden only for pure pleasure and for commutement purpose unicorn!
Overall i am very much satisfied with cbr's package!
Cheers

Last edited:
Re: Why Many Owners Are Quickly Selling Off Honda CBR250R?

The Honda CBR250R is not a bike that builds power anywhere close to the redline. In fact the CBR is more of a bike that offers an impressive mid-range, the engine has very good torque on offer. Its easy to putter around town on a CBR at 60 kmph on its 5th/6th gear. The main issue is the posture that takes time to getting used to. Another problem is the quality of tyres offered, grip levels not too great on wet roads.

i got to know from many sites that many people are selling there new CBR 250R..
the reason they are giving are like
* going abroad
* going for upgrade
* or wants to buy car.
But i don't think these are the proper reason for all. Is it the mileage factor?
or what could be the other reason behind this?
[confused]
A) Maybe, who knows.
B) Same as above.
C) a guy who wants to buy a car selling his CBR should never have bought it. maybe he wasnt in his senses then.

The same thing happened with R15 when it was launched. every tom dick & harry wanted one just because it looked like a sports bike. But 90% never knew what she was capable of. Bling factor.

welcome to TAI buddy! well i agree with sam. honda cbr has questionable quality and i have also seen many guys selling their brand new cbr. honda is even recalling it also. i will say get KTM or new pulsar!
The things said are true for the first batch, later batches were rectified and its on par.

ilango[speed thirst];134017 said:
As pointed many cbr are for sale.

Our biker , "debeyan " who owns a apache , felt the cbr 250 not that much worth.

Some one said of red line/ touring bike etc !

I have seen debayan riding ! he needs a severe warning after the red line which is missed in each bike.

Though i do not know the exact reason for the sale/disappointment by buyers etc. I have not ride any one!
Rightly said Ilango. I was one of the first to ride a CBR and wanted one to repace my current steed, but at that time i wasnt impressed. I wanted a city bike, a hooligan. Rev happy maniac with light chassis to flick in & out of traffic. I rev the hell out of the apache going to 11000 in each gear and the CBR was exactly opposite. Its a laid back tourer, chassis is slow to move around, but very stable. revs but not like i want it to. Power stored in mid range. and so, i was disappointed.
Guys,

I see most of the guys do not own a CBR but most of these are perceptions.
------
Buy a CBR if you want to know how a quarter litre would behave in your hands without a hole in your pocket and upgrade yourself to a 600CC which can do above 200KM/Hr. Buy a Ninja if you really want to know how a real quarter litre would behave with a hole in your pocket and anyways you ought to upgrade to 600CC because I am sure your Ninja cannot keep up with your biking enthusiasm.

Or buy a Pulsar/apache/R15 and Ride it. you will never know whats Biking :)

Cheers
Raghunath Menon
So a CBR rider is a Biker, and everybody else is a commuter??
Yeah right[lol]

This is nothing great or something really different that will outshine the CBR 250 from quite a few bikes which are available at a better price and with a better FE. I know people who do 150+ with 220 and R 15 and get a better FE than a CBR 250. Yes no doubt these bikes are bit under powered than the CBR 250. But they suppose too right since they are 150, 220 cc. But can easily do 140 + with a better FE. And if we compare looks sorry to say bro but i think R15 V2 beats CBR250 hands down. Looks are subjective though. And if it's that good bike than why people are selling them. But yes it's a nice Bike no doubt but not the best.

Next, riding a bike in India above 150 is a bad idea i would say. And more over it's only 30 cc difference between the Pulsar 220 and the 250 CBR and for that 30 cc you are paying 1.2L extra for that. You get some extra features but still.

Well, have u ridden the CBR well? if u have in sane mind this post would not have been posted. its very VFM and well priced at that. And none of the bikes you mention can do real 140, let alone 150+ even for a short duration. And this can cruises all day long at 130-140 without a hiccup. U pay for that, not the extra 30cc.

I as of now, own a RTR160 and a CBR 250. Just a few days ago i completed a ride from home on the CBR, around 600kms. The same trip i had done a few months ago on the RTR.

Its flat highways, bad patches of roads and a few twisties, and this trip was far more comfortable than the last one. Engine has enough grunt for our highways, its ride is comfy but then i missed the RTR on the twisties. But for a tourer at thsi price point, its hard to beat. And i dnt like REs. They are too lazy for me.

So u see, its comparing apples to oranges. Its not a sports bike. it looks like one, but its not. Accept it for what it is and be happy. [clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my close friend had sold his bike beacuse of 2 main reasons
1. Poorest ASS to take care of such bikes, As per him they are not trained properly to serviced these high end bikes and was very frustated.
2. He drove his brothers R 15 v2.0 and was very impressed that he sold the bike in just 8 months and got new machine

A) Maybe, who knows.
B) Same as above.
C) a guy who wants to buy a car selling his CBR should never have bought it. maybe he wasnt in his senses then.

The same thing happened with R15 when it was launched. every tom dick & harry wanted one just because it looked like a sports bike. But 90% never knew what she was capable of. Bling factor.
The things said are true for the first batch, later batches were rectified and its on par.
Rightly said Ilango. I was one of the first to ride a CBR and wanted one to repace my current steed, but at that time i wasnt impressed. I wanted a city bike, a hooligan. Rev happy maniac with light chassis to flick in & out of traffic. I rev the hell out of the apache going to 11000 in each gear and the CBR was exactly opposite. Its a laid back tourer, chassis is slow to move around, but very stable. revs but not like i want it to. Power stored in mid range. and so, i was disappointed.

So a CBR rider is a Biker, and everybody else is a commuter??
Yeah right[lol]
Well, have u ridden the CBR well? if u have in sane mind this post would not have been posted. its very VFM and well priced at that. And none of the bikes you mention can do real 140, let alone 150+ even for a short duration. And this can cruises all day long at 130-140 without a hiccup. U pay for that, not the extra 30cc.

I as of now, own a RTR160 and a CBR 250. Just a few days ago i completed a ride from home on the CBR, around 600kms. The same trip i had done a few months ago on the RTR.
Its flat highways, bad patches of roads and a few twisties, and this trip was far more comfortable than the last one. Engine has enough grunt for our highways, its ride is comfy but then i missed the RTR on the twisties. But for a tourer at thsi price point, its hard to beat. And i dnt like REs. They are too lazy for me.

So u see, its comparing apples to oranges. Its not a sports bike. it looks like one, but its not. Accept it for what it is and be happy.

Well that was a nice speech buddy [clap] but you need to see and understand first that in what context that post was made. If you read the post i replied to and then read my post, than you will understand why i posted it.

Secondly about doing 140 -150 my cousin does that on his 220, 200 and NS. He is into racing and all and does the same thing in events like stunt mania.
Recently he just beated the CBR 250R with a pulsar 220 in a race which included flat road, bumpy road, gravel and potholes. And the guy on the CBR was a racer as well.

Also it may be a VFM bike for you but not for everyone. I own a R15v2 and i think that it's a VFM but that might not be the case with everyone.

And there is a difference between practicality and fanboyism. I like to be practical since this is a public forum. And yes by this i don't mean that CBR250R is a bad bike.

And can you also explain what you mean by The same thing happened with R15 when it was launched. every tom dick & harry wanted one just because it looked like a sports bike. But 90% never knew what she was capable of. Bling factor.

So u see, its comparing apples to oranges. Its not a sports bike. it looks like one, but its not. Accept it for what it is and be happy.
When did i say that it's a sports bike?
And i am not comparing anything to CBR250R, i was just putting some facts on the table.

PEACE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was a nice speech buddy [clap] but you need to see and understand first that in what context that post was made. If you read the post i replied to and then read my post, than you will understand why i posted it.

Secondly about doing 140 -150 my cousin does that on his 220, 200 and NS. He is into racing and all and does the same thing in events like stunt mania.
Recently he just beated the CBR 250R with a pulsar 220 in a race which included flat road, bumpy road, gravel and potholes. And the guy on the CBR was a racer as well.

Also it may be a VFM bike for you but not for everyone. I own a R15v2 and i think that it's a VFM but that might not be the case with everyone.

And there is a difference between practicality and fanboyism. I like to be practical since this is a public forum. And yes by this i don't mean that CBR250R is a bad bike.

And can you also explain what you mean by The same thing happened with R15 when it was launched. every tom dick & harry wanted one just because it looked like a sports bike. But 90% never knew what she was capable of. Bling factor.

When did i say that it's a sports bike?
And i am not comparing anything to CBR250R, i was just putting some facts on the table.

PEACE.
Your comments regarding your racer and stunter friend defeating CBR with a pulsar 220 is enough to make me go kill myself, and all the other guys who got a CBR. You just proved us that we wasted our hard earned money.

And as per my R15 comment, 80% of owners didn't buy the bike impressed by the Specs, the engine or the agile chassis. They were impressed by the way it looks and so they bought one.

Your comments regarding your racer and stunter friend defeating CBR with a pulsar 220 is enough to make me go kill myself, and all the other guys who got a CBR. You just proved us that we wasted our hard earned money.

And as per my R15 comment, 80% of owners didn't buy the bike impressed by the Specs, the engine or the agile chassis. They were impressed by the way it looks and so they bought one.
Well you don't need to kill yourself buddy and you still not getting the point.
And my post here was not to defame the bike but in reply to your ridiculous claims.

And also please don't put things in my mouth alright since I never said that CBR is a bad bike or people who bought it wasted their money.

Please come to your senses, read, understand and then post and please don't put ridiculous claims like yours in my mouth.

So according to you all the CBR owners knew about it right and not the R15?
Good thinking.

Thanks

At first i wanted to avoid replying this thread but then i saw singh890 are talking about same top speed achieved by lower CC bikes i would like to ask some question . If possible please answer to them .

> Ever heard about SPeedo Error ..?

> Please also mention Distance it took R15 and P220 to clock same 140-150kmph speed ..?

> And yeh please mentioned Race Event where your bro participated . (Just curious to know) .

Honestly i feel racerdabba's claims are absolute at par . I really dont understand how an 17bhp bike would clock 150kmph ..? What you claim seems doubtful to me and beating CBR on flat road with P220 / NS was nice joke [clap] .

At first i wanted to avoid replying this thread but then i saw singh890 are talking about same top speed achieved by lower CC bikes i would like to ask some question . If possible please answer to them .
> Ever heard about SPeedo Error ..?
ahh ya buddy i do know what that this, and that may happen in any bike. Right?

> Please also mention Distance it took R15 and P220 to clock same 140-150kmph speed ..?
Bro what i mentioned was that R15 an P220 are capable of doing that speeds. And it is bit obvious that CBR will take less time than R15 and P220 and that is something i am not denying. Did I?

> And yeh please mentioned Race Event where your bro participated . (Just curious to know) .
Sorry bro he does not take parts in shows which are shown in TV's. But they have many events which take place in Saharanpur, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Delhi and other nearby regions.
I'll try to get some videos from him and post them here, they might not be related to our discussion but well such things are treat to watch. [:)]

Honestly i feel racerdabba's claims are absolute at par . I really dont understand how an 17bhp bike would clock 150kmph ..? What you claim seems doubtful to me and beating CBR on flat road with P220 / NS was nice joke [clap] .
You can just google these things and many videos will pop up. My brother has done 142 on our R15 v2 (though only once).

And i didn't said that it was only a flat road race, read my post carefully buddy. I did mentioned flat road, bumpy road, gravel and potholes. And yes what i forgot to mention was that it took place while going uphill with lot of curves.

ahh ya buddy i do know what that this, and that may happen in any bike. Right?

Bro what i mentioned was that R15 an P220 are capable of doing that speeds. And it is bit obvious that CBR will take less time than R15 and P220 and that is something i am not denying. Did I?

Sorry bro he does not take parts in shows which are shown in TV's. But they have many events which take place in Saharanpur, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Delhi and other nearby regions.
I'll try to get some videos from him and post them here, they might not be related to our discussion but well such things are treat to watch. [:)]

You can just google these things and many videos will pop up. My brother has done 142 on our R15 v2 (though only once).

And i didn't said that it was only a flat road race, read my post carefully buddy. I did mentioned flat road, bumpy road, gravel and potholes. And yes what i forgot to mention was that it took place while going uphill with lot of curves.

Ok. Got It. You and your brother are superhumans capable of Taking an R15 V2 to 142kmph uphill. Anyways, cutting the crap, here is my summary,

People, most of them at least, bought it for its looks and assumed its an out and out sports bike, which its not. and they were disappointed when it did not perform as they expected. Add to it high service cost (read parts) and low FE, so the resale drama.

Hi Guys,
I have a query regarding the temperature indication. Normally if we are driving in 80-90 Kmph. Suddenly the Radiator fan was not working and you have not seen the temperature digital indication.
Whether any buzzer or auto switch off engine option is there in Honda CBR250R to avoid Engine blowout.

And if this Bike is not having that, whether anyother bike is having this option.

Top Bottom