Why Do Diesel Variant Gets Step Motherly Treatment?

Thread Starter #1
We all know how important the diesel variants are for car manufacturers in all category from hatchback to its Suv line, even though we do see these manufacturers not giving same features,gadgets,variants as well for their diesel variants compared to petrol? why so when diesel variants are selling in much more numbers compared to their petrols and now with fuel costs rising high even more would be seen.
Examples tata launched petrol indica with beige interiors, diesel didnot got anychange from their grey ones, swift got launched with three variants lxi to zxi trims, diesel didnt got top end variant even now.See even toyota cutting out on its diesel Corolla Altis compared to its petrol variant with many features, why so when the consumer is paying for those features they why so difference?

Well the reason i see is diesel engines and components already cost a lot more than the petrol counterparts. The manufacturers which you have mentioned are trying to gain the volume segment. So i think if the diesel variants gets equally loaded like the petrol ones then it pushes the cost of the vehicle even higher.

But hey not all manufacturers do this , only some manufacturers and some models suffer from this. And i think Altis diesel misses out only on few features like Xenons i guess. But i think most of the new modern cars are equally loaded say for example Vento , new Verna and Fiesta.

fully agree with cooldhaya! also maybe their most sales go with cabbies. anyways petrol price is hiking! diesels wont get step motherly treatment from now.. [;)]

We all know how important the diesel variants are for car manufacturers in all category from hatchback to its Suv line, even though we do see these manufacturers not giving same features,gadgets,variants as well for their diesel variants compared to petrol? why so when diesel variants are selling in much more numbers compared to their petrols and now with fuel costs rising high even more would be seen.
Examples tata launched petrol indica with beige interiors, diesel didnot got anychange from their grey ones, swift got launched with three variants lxi to zxi trims, diesel didnt got top end variant even now.See even toyota cutting out on its diesel Corolla Altis compared to its petrol variant with many features, why so when the consumer is paying for those features they why so difference?
Well this holds true for the manufacturer targetting masses I guess. Maruti's and Tata's are for masses, wherein, people needs car for commuting rather than anything else most of the times. This is a budget segment and they do not want to increase cost to customer by giving extra or equivelent features in Diesel cars.

If you go little up in segment you will see there is no change at all. Although there are exceptions but next to nil. [:)]

Well the reason i see is diesel engines and components already cost a lot more than the petrol counterparts. The manufacturers which you have mentioned are trying to gain the volume segment. So i think if the diesel variants gets equally loaded like the petrol ones then it pushes the cost of the vehicle even higher.

But hey not all manufacturers do this , only some manufacturers and some models suffer from this. And i think Altis diesel misses out only on few features like Xenons i guess. But i think most of the new modern cars are equally loaded say for example Vento , new Verna and Fiesta.
I agree with you Dhaya. [thumbsup]

Top Bottom