Why Chevrolet is Not Interested in Selling Aveo Anymore?

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Sales figures below for Linea, SX4 include diesel engine options, which form 70~75% of overall sales. Aveo needs diesel. Period. Then it will sell consistently 800 per month.
Sure thing, but as far as I can understand, it is not alone a Diesel which will easily replenish the sales for Aveo. As a usual norm, car makers offer a mild face lift to a product at least once in the time span of five years. And you see with the case of Aveo, public is still getting what they used to back in 2006. And then, we have another example called Honda City which has in fact not only survived but also done excessively well in the market in spite the fact that it was overpriced and never available in Diesel. So the bottom-line is, General Motors also better start concentrating on the Aveo with an all new model and of course, the diesel mill. Because it belongs to such a segment which a serious car manufacturer can never afford to miss in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow i never knew the Aveo was so competitively priced! And +1 to 350Z a good major facelift , add some new features , a good fuel efficient diesel engine under the hood and competitive pricing. Currently this segment is hot selling!

Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team
I find it ironical that GM is planning to launch Sail instead of Sonic in India to replace Aveo. Yes, the Sail which looks even older than the existing Aveo. Hell, even revamped exteriors with same body shape can do wonders for a nice car like Aveo. First, the awkward Etios twins from Toyota and now the Sail from Chevrolet. What is happening in this industry? (Discuss Sail Here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...825-coming-chevrolet-sail.html?highlight=sail)

Drive Safe,
350Z

800 is good number for a car which doesn't have any USP. Honda City many USPs and is the overall all-rounder with excellent pedigree. So it cannot be compared with Aveo. Cars that sell in this segment eg, Verna, Vento, Fiesta have atleast one USP.
i agree dude..and even if aveo sells 800 per month i hope its also not any great number when you see with others!!
And then, we have another example called Honda City which has in fact not only survived but also done excessively well in the market in spite the fact that it was overpriced and never available in Diesel.
Sonic is brilliant choice, but it isn't launched in US too.
I find it ironical that GM is planning to launch Sail instead of Sonic in India to replace Aveo.

Top Bottom