"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

Thread Starter #196
I was just driving at slow speed and was about to reach a red light. I was in the middle lane and suddenly a young boy in his Dzire started cutting into my lane and I had to avoid him. So, without looking on my left side, I bumped into a Tata Tiago. It was a very light touch, so didn't made much effect on the car. However two things to be noticed are:-
1. That boy in Dzire saw all this and fled away very fast (ran red light to avoid me).
2. I had to verbally fight with the Tiago driver for nearly half hour. Note that it could be my mistake but I think I could not be able to avoid the Tiago at any cost. I politely said sorry to Tiago driver but he started shouting at me in middle of road. So, in anger, I too, shouted at him to park at the side of road and then talk. Talking turned into shouting and shouting turned into verbal fight. Now to avoid fist fight, I gradually reached my car, and so did he. Then we both walked away.

Picture (After the accident there was too much, really too much of black'ish scratches on my LHS door but after rubbing with a wet cloth :-

IMG_20191020_170618.jpg
IMG_20191020_170622.jpg

Akash1886

Honoured Member
There is no point in retaliation @THE_DRIFTER as neither of you would have gained out of it. I know it is easy to say so but one should be patient enough when driving because the streets are filled with idiots. Thankfully, the damage isn't much. You know it is but obvious and most often the first reaction of many drivers to indulge in a verbal battle in such scenes but it takes no time to escalate into a road-rage scene. I would request you not to stoop down ever again if god forbid you face such a situation. Be alert and drive safe.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I think the marks on the front left side door can be removed by polishing, but the rear view mirror scratches may not fully go with just polishing. It always happens on the road, even if we drive carefully. Damages caused by third party are more than what we commit.

Yesterday evening, I was coming home from a trip (with my wife, niece/nephew along with me) and just before reaching my place, say about 3 kms away, a private bus was trying to overtake me even though there was no space for me to allow him to overtake. And the guy (private bus driver) was irritating all others just keep on honking and blinking head-light. I have seen the bus from the view mirrors and found that was a line bus with passengers. It was a congested road and whatever he keep honking it is not easy to overlook at ease

My wife keeps saying to allow that guy to go, but I knew that no point in giving him space because after overtaking, he will have to again stop at the next bus stop. I decided not to give space for him to overtake and always speeding in front of him. After driving about 3kms like cat and dog, finally I had to turn left to enter in a sub lane (to reach my house) and accordingly put the left hand side signal and slowed down the car but did not turn the car to the left. The bus driver with all his vengeance came very close to my car right side (just few centimetres gaps) and passed my car. Had I moved my car little bit here and there, definetely his rear left side (back) should have hit my car and there could be a big damage to my car.

All in my car including my wife and niece/nephew told me that I should have allowed him to overtake long back, but in my mind (at that time) thought that what I did was right, especially in a busy road (there was no need to side my car and give away space to him to overtake). However, after reaching home, the incident kept me thinking more seriously - what would have happened if I moved my car (say just an inch ) because I need to move the front side of my car little towards right in order to turn left onto my sub-lane and I if had done that definitely the front side (right) of my car should have gotten hit by the bus and he can easily argue that only his backside hit me and he is not responsible for that (that was his idea to come very close to me, I think - smart guys).

After reaching home, we had to go out again for a wedding reception, but the scene has been in mind and kept disturbing the whole evening. Later, I took a decision not to fight with these private bus guys as eventually the loss will be for me (like who ride on small cars). Also, at my age, I should keep more calm that taking the fighting tendencies. That was a lesson learned without any damage and will remember in future.

@Nairrk

Sir, this incident has happened many times with me , here also .
When dad is with me , mostly he says to allow the bus to pass , but sometimes , he will say , no need to give him the space (Its purely matured decision thought )
Reasons -
1.If the area is familiar to you , no one can mess around.
2.If area is new, you will be blamed later on (Such is the society ) .

My rule , if you have space , I will allow , if am already going in considerable speed, you just follow me.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My rule , if you have space , I will allow , if am already going in considerable speed, you just follow me
I agree with you.

Usually, on an empty road if someone honk me from behind, I just allow them to go even though I was driving at a reasonable speed. But on that day, I was driving at 70+ kmph and still that guy want to overtake me for which I will have to slow down, take the car to the side and then allow him which was not acceptable to me. The stretch, I was driving was mostly in a small town area and there were many autorishaws was on the road, hence there was not sufficient space for me to side my car and allow that guy. But he was not looking at all and just want to overtake me (and others) which provoked me and didn't allow him to overtake for at least 3.5 to 4 kms..

In our area (or mostly in northern Kerala), private buses are always dominating the road and they are the one drive reckless and create many accidents, hence normally we avoid fight with them, for our safety.

Thread Starter #202
I agree with Sir @Nairrk . I also, never give space to bus drivers when I am myself driving at 50+ because if I give them space first of all I would have to slow down at side and then, above that, bus drivers here in North (specifically Punjab and Haryana) drive so rashly and think that they are just driving cars. If they overtake me when I am at 50 (or say, 60), then that bus driver would need to drive at 60 or 70 and due to that, they would cause too much nuisance to other road users.

@Akash1886 Yep, it's true that no one gained anything, but just lost precious half hour of life. But the matter of fact is that, for some people, nothing is beyond their Ego. That Tiago driver just wanted to show that he was right to all the people who gathered around oor cars by shouting at me and making me quiet. I even offered him to repair his RHS mirror which was affected nothing as compared to mine. But, he just wanted to throw shouts at me.

Moral :- Now I feel that I should have crashed into that Dzire which cut into my lane instead of defending myself and running into that Tiago. Whay do you all think??

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Akash1886 Yep, it's true that no one gained anything, but just lost precious half hour of life. But the matter of fact is that, for some people, nothing is beyond their Ego. That Tiago driver just wanted to show that he was right to all the people who gathered around oor cars by shouting at me and making me quiet. I even offered him to repair his RHS mirror which was affected nothing as compared to mine. But, he just wanted to throw shouts at me.
The funniest thing that happens in small hits between 2 cars is the gathering of unsolicited onlookers. None of them would give a solution rather just await the owners to have a 1-on-1 WWF match and then switch on their ultra HD 60 MP camera on mobile and shoot a video and post it on social media or take a selfie with the damaged car. For them that's a mode of entertainment. Once my other driver got pick-pocketed while being in crowd[lol]

Some random dialogues you'll hear in crowd often:

"Hazaron ka nuksaan ho gaya" (Damage is worth thousands)
"Arre 100 number milao" (Dial 100)
"Bhai saab aap to dekh ke chalao" (Bro atleast you should drive carefully)
"Sorry se kuch nahi hoga" (Sorry isn't sufficient)

While the car owners are sorting it out a "nobody" literally comes up and says, "Lagata hai peeke chala raha hai" (It appears he is drunk and driving). So, I am not surprised with the way the Tiago guy reacted. One should never try to reason with an unreasonable person. Now, don't think too much on it and prepare yourself for the festival of lights and plan to pamper your ride this festive season. And the best would be to, as I always say, Chandigarh Sector 17 ki gedi maar ke aao.

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
I decided not to give space for him to overtake and always speeding in front of him.
This is what I would have done. Drive Occupying the entire lane so that bus cant think of overtaking. Because even if we give a little bit of space, these demons will bully you off the road and there are chances you will hit rikshaws, Beggers, Bikers at the left because this demon came barreling down into your space. And now it becomes your job to create more space for him.
Now I feel that I should have crashed into that Dzire which cut into my lane instead of defending myself and running into that Tiago. Whay do you all think??
Logically yes. But atleast for me Brain thinking does not matter. These things are subconscious by habit and hands will move/swerve depending on what my Sub-mind think is right. its very hard to override this instinct.
The funniest thing that happens in small hits between 2 cars is the gathering of unsolicited onlookers
This is not funny at all. Its one of the worst parts of India. These M0r0ns should be given a tight one.
I remembered a video of (I think) German Police who was angry on onlookers who were just interested in making videos and standing all round actually making access difficult for law enforcement.

Thread Starter #205
Yea, both of you are correct. Small mishaps keep happening here and there on the roads. As Akash bro said, festive season is here, so let's celebrate it. [:D]

Thread Starter #206
Sorry for not updating the thread for a long time..
Running has reduced too much and Manza is now used only once or twice in the week. I made a mistake of not starting the car for 4-5 days, so when today I started, it took too much of cranking to start..
Here is a picture I clicked today:-

IMG_20191117_142149-1024x768.jpg

Top Bottom