"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Car is looking good. It is neatly maintained.
Be a little careful with speeds. Might be difficult to brake in emergency situations.
Enjoy your car.

Thread Starter #182
The alloys looks stunning , haven't seen any manza with such rims
Thank you so mich Vishnu Sir.. I hated these alloys when I had just bought the car but as time passed, I started loving them.
Car is looking good. It is neatly maintained.
Be a little careful with speeds. Might be difficult to brake in emergency situations.
Enjoy your car.
Thank you sir ... Yes, I will drive carefully. In fact, I'm a sedate driver in city and also I take the car above 100kmph only if situations permit.

Thread Starter #184
IMG_20190908_135043.jpg

Though the car has become a rocket after interchanging the pipes, mileage is having an adverse effect. Mileage has dropped from around 14-15 kmpl to 13.1, and this could be because of my driving which has changed a lot since the car got its power back [evil]. Now I always drive at atleast 2,500 RPM and, too be honest, now I have learnt the true capabilities of the car. Now, I myself checked, 0-100 takes just 11.0 seconds which is around 1.5 seconds faster than earlier and the engine note has too changed a lot and now sounds like a petrol engine.
Overall, if I had recieved the car in THIS condition, I would've been more than happy.

Thread Starter #187
Do idle the ride for 30s-1min before you shut the engine off and also during cold start .
Yes sir, I do the same in both cold and hot starts too.
Congratulations on your Manza,
Hope you have niggle free experience in future. Do post interior pictures of Dashboard and Speedo console.
Thank you for the well wishes sir.. Here you go.

This is the view from outside RVM.
IMG_20190908_135021.jpg

This is the storage area ahead of handbrake:-
IMG_20190908_134955.jpg

These are the pedal placements:-
IMG_20190908_135003.jpg

This is the light, for front seats. Same unit is provided for rear seats too. :-
IMG_20190908_135052.jpg

This is the Video/Audio player with Rear view camera which I installed some time ago:-
IMG_20190908_135032.jpg

Center console:-
IMG_20190908_134945.jpg

Speedometer:-
IMG_20190908_135158.jpg

Thread Starter #189
Yes sir, in looks department, car is really clean inside-out. There is only 1 minor scratch on rear bumper. (Thanks to a squid biker!!). Thank you for congratulating me... :). Yes, Manza has 460 litres boot space which I found to be adequate because where Manza excels, is the comfort in rear row. It is a very spacious and feature loaded (according to 2011) but just failed due to Tata's brand name at that time.

It's a good VFM car but didn't go well with buyers mostly because of mindset of buyers due to TATA after sales and service experience.

It's got same Fiat sourced Multijet engine which is available in most of Suzuki cars. It's a good option in used car market if one wants space, comfort, mileage and it is available for less price than used DZire.

I will also consider Manza for our first car (I am right now more towards used Etios Sedan).

Thread Starter #191
So, you are going to buy your first car soon?? Start a new thread about it in automotive shopper topic and we will discuss about it there Sir... By the way, if it's your first car I would surely advice you to look carefully (if buying from secomd hand market) because what looks good might not drive good. Do take someone else also with you for test driving..

Thread Starter #192
Now that Manza is fine with engine and turbo both, I've decided to keep it for at least 1 year. This is because I've spent money in mostly all the areas so now I want to really enjoy it and mod it a bit. So:-
1. Are tail light tints legal? I am completely mad on those black tints on tail lights... Please advice whether I should get them or not.
2. Can I simply remove the tires and alloys and then simply paint the brake discs and calipers?? Or do they require professional paint job?
3. Shall I paint the chrome parts (front grill, back tailgate chrome liner and handles as well as those chrome alloys) to matt black? Can I paint the alloys with tires without removing them?? (I can cover the body of car with newspaper (?) )
4. At last, what color of seat covers do you all think would look best?

1. Tinting in any form is illegal , but you can do with more transparent films (70% transparency ) .
2.No , it requires professional job , as calliper and alloys both are prone to high temperature , so if not painted properly , it will wear.
3.For proper job , it is better to remove tyres from rims , and also chrome parts maybe painted / wrapped .
4. For Indian conditions full black is my choice , to sync with interiors , black with a mix of biege would look great , or Full black with stitch , biege thread . Present style is innova crysta's seat cover colour.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Are tail light tints legal? I am completely mad on those black tints on tail lights... Please advice whether I should get them or not.
PLEASE dont bother with them. Not only they look Stupid IMO, but they affect the safety by not being as Bright/ Attention grabbing for panic braking.

Can I simply remove the tires and alloys and then simply paint the brake discs and calipers?? Or do they require professional paint job?
Clean everything with IPA. Yes its pretty easy. Masking the areas is 60% of job. not the other way around. Spend time masking. Get lines and Borders good.
Make sure you use Rustoleum High Heat Paint. This is also known as Engine paint. I have Painted my Safari exhaust using this.

hall I paint the chrome parts (front grill, back tailgate chrome liner and handles as well as those chrome alloys) to matt black?
Yes. Again, Mask well.
Rather than matte black I could suggest Dark chrome or Graphite. Matte anything is too much Maintenance.
You can also try Carbonfiber Wrap.
Can I paint the alloys with tires without removing them?? (I can cover the body of car with newspaper (?) )
Better not. I suggest you get the tyres also dismounted and work on bare rims. Sand everything well. Paint overspray looks very funny. And you will not be able to get insides of spokes when wheels on.
. At last, what color of seat covers do you all think would look best?
Get something that rhymes with your dashboard.

Thread Starter #195
IMG_20191014_220027.jpg

Car is working good as of now, and there are no more new niggles.
At about 1,08,000 kilometers, service is to be done, which I would go to my FNG for. Odo stands and 104k now and I'm enjoying every inch of the car.

Top Bottom