"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

Thread Starter #167
Check EGR valve and also intercooler assy.
Sure, I'll tell the mechanic to check these.
If it comes to changing the turbocharger, that will be too much to ask for. You have already spent so much. Better option in that case would be sell the car and move on.
Yes, having already spent on engine replacement, I would not go for a new turbo at all...

Overall, it turned to be a very poorly maintained car.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Overall, it turned to be a very poorly maintained car.
Yes,most second cars are like this only. Why would somebody sell you his misfortune if its alright and running fine in the first place? He wants to get rid of it.
Only if its someone in the family, or a friend ,or you know the service history thoroughly,should one go for a second hand car .The other person will only download his misery and pain of maintenance and irreparable problems into our lives and to think that we actually pay for it,from our hard-earned money. Its not the end. Later on we keep paying for it with our precious time ,all the time trying to maintain it in proper working order,with no result and money going down the drain further.
I am aware of this because my close relative burned his hands with a second hand Omni.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I fully agree with @mayankdixit - only a small percentage of 2nd hand cars may luckily perform without much hassle because the previous owner might have handled it properly. Too old cars are likely to give more problems and eat a good part of money over the period. Many are buying 2nd cars just not to invest big money initially, but eventually they end up in loss. With plenty of finance options available nowadays it is always advisable to opt for a new car, and if at all going for a 2nd car then select a car not older than 5 years

You have already spent a good amount money on this car including Engine replacement and now not advisable to invest more money on it instead see if you can get a buyer, and then go for another one but not too old or new budget car with financial options.

Sorry to hear your situation. I know how dejected you are...!

Thread Starter #171
Even with the turbo issue, the car is working fine but has a power loss and black smoke at lower RPM's. I also think that this car is with me for only a month more..
@mayankdixit Yes sir, I was also suspecting the seller. He told me to pay only 80% and take the car and pay rest money in 1 month, telling that his Father was ill.. I also thought of all the cons before buying but one friend of mine had just bought a second hand Tata Vista which had 170k on odo and it was running as smooth as butter. So, I thought that if a Vista with 170k on odo could be good, I should go for a Manza with 75k on odo too. And this proved wrong..
@Nairrk Thanks for the suggestions Sir, I am also thinking of trading my car with probably a new Tata car...
And yes, I would just get the issue checked and would not even think of spending on turbo replacement!!
@VISHNUCARCRAZY Yes sir.. I would go for a new Tata car in 1 or 2 months for sure..

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
70k is big enough money!!! That almost 50 percent of what you paid for the car. You surely love this Manza.
Did you ever give a thought for lateral upgrade/changing to another pre-loved car?
I was apprehensive of your choice even in June when I posted this. I did not want you to waste any more money on this.You could have by now a brand new, hassle free(no niggle at all) Alto with this money.That new car would have a wonderful resale too,whenever you chose to sell it.
You can repair it further,doing turbo and all,but its no guarantee in future that the car will perform. This is a never ending mess. You repair 1 thing ,problem no 2 pops up.You repair 2,suddenly 1 and 3 pop up,and the never ending cycle begins,with us involved in it endlessly .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #174
Yeaa, I fully agree with you but a spacious car was the need of the hour at that time, anyways, I can't do anything other than driving the car without turbo [drive] (LOL) for sometime until I manage to get hands on a new car. I won't spend anything on the car now except the regular service till I buy a new one. And, I would suggest everyone to buy a new car!!.... [cry]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
In the meantime get the turbo checked. Maybe it's just a quick fix. Maybe it's just a vacuum loss from one of the various turbo plumbings. No need to spend large amount, just checking what's wrong. It will help you. You can then drive it properly atleast.

Thread Starter #176
Yea, I will take it to Tata Service guys and tell them to check what's wrong, if it's just a small quick fix, then I'll go ahead, if it costs too much or involves turbo replacement l, I'll just drive it like this only.

Thread Starter #177
Party time!!
Turbo issue has been fixed! It was just a mere pipe misplacement when the engine was replaced. My FNG just interchanged the connection of some pipes.. And now the car can EASILY touch 130-140 and those horses under the hood can be felt! It just costed ₹50 to fix an issue which troubled me s० much.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
In the meantime get the turbo checked. Maybe it's just a quick fix. Maybe it's just a vacuum loss from one of the various turbo plumbings. No need to spend large amount, just checking what's wrong. It will help you. You can then drive it properly atleast.
So a quick fix it was after-all! And needed no large amount too.
Good for the car as well as the owner. Well done.

Thread Starter #179
IMG_20190908_164727.jpg
IMG_20190908_194208.jpg
IMG_20190908_173910.jpg

These are pictures of my whale after breathing a new life!. I took the car on a highway spin amd found myself easily overtaking those cars which left me behind when I was facing power loss. I cannot describe the feeling it puts on my face when I push the pedal to metal, it just makes my day...

Top Bottom