"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I think Kerala and Delhi are in a rat race that who will have the most number of unreasonable rules and who will piss off more car users.
Yes, today there was a news paper report as under:

Seat belts for backseat passengers in cars and helmets for drivers in two-wheeler and also for those who sitting behiind are to be made mandatory. Transport Secretary Jyothilal wrote to the police chief and the traffic commissioner to enforce this rule strictly.

So, soon we can see situations like this...
image.jpg

[roll][roll]

Thread Starter #153
After seeing the picture, I was like [shock].
Rules are made, but not followed. And the ones who go against rule breakers suffer the most. Some days ago I read a Road rage incident in which a person stood up against 3 people who hit his car and tried to run. And those 3 people killed him.

Thread Starter #154
IMG-20190714-WA0014.jpg

Enjoyed the car to much today!
After the engine overhaul, extended the legs to the fullest and reached nice speeds around 130-140 KMPH. But even then, there are 2 things which are happening.
1. Sometimes when I'm idling the car, it feels as if the car is revving itself.
2. While revving the car around 3000 or more RPM, the turbo sounds like a RC car!
Other than these 2, the car is rock solid as of now.

Thread Starter #155
Yesterday was my birthday, and the car was nearly running like a horse for most of the day!
Again, I got a chance to full stretch legs on National Highway 7, and believe, even being a 10 years old car, still, Manza puts many cars at shame when driven properly!
That open 4 lane highway with a Manza, Fortuner, Skoda Octavia first-gen, Elite i20, and at last a Polo GT. I can't describe that feeling. The car is rock stable at 130-140kmph, after which it begins to create some negative feeling in mind somehow.

A new niggle started!!
Whenever I use AC after some time it starts blowing hot air instead of cool and after I wait for some time, it again starts blowing cold air!
Does anyone know what it can be?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Yesterday was my birthday,
HBD!!
and believe, even being a 10 years old car, still, Manza puts many cars at shame when driven properly!
Someone explain this to Absolute Nonsensical moves by NGT and overall disdainful strategy of Indian govt.
The car is rock stable at 130-140kmph, after which it begins to create some negative feeling in mind somehow.
Manza has to be of the most underdog cars in the segment. Higher weight associated with Older TATA cars (Also true today to most extent) means that they stay stable at higher speeds while lighter tin cans just wobble and bounce about. I know these feeling when Burning the Tarmac at x70~ x80 KMPH Where XUV stays rock solid but lot of Smaller cars, Sedans and even Premium ones like BMW, Merc may loose confidence because they don't have those 2.2 Tons of Hulking metal on the wheels. Note- I do no encourage high speeds. For testing purposes only.

Whenever I use AC after some time it starts blowing hot air instead of cool and after I wait for some time, it again starts blowing cold air!
There are lot of things. Generally go from easiest to Hardest Parts-
AC fuses and relay. Usually moisture causes loose connection.
AC belt
Low AC Gas
Faulty thermostat
Faulty Condensor fan.
DIrty Evaporator (Behind dash)
leakage in AC system.

Thread Starter #158
One thing is that, since I bought the car, I'm facing a power loss issue which was present in all the Manzas that I test drove.
Is this a serious issue??
I mean, like i dont get to feel that the car really has a 90hp engine. While 90hp is nothing to talk about, many times when i fully push the car pedal to the metal... Even some cars like Alto k10, swift dzire, linea (90hp) feel faster

bhvm

Honoured Member
I mean, like i dont get to feel that the car really has a 90hp engine
A few days ago you said that it easily goes 130~140. In that case you are getting normal power. Any Limp mode will limit you to 60~80 Kmph max.
Tata engines seem to like a bit of additive once in a while.
Use STP or Abro for Injector fuel cleaner
and add STP diesel oil treatment in the oil sump.
Even some cars like Alto k10, swift dzire, linea (90hp) feel faster
Smaller cars feel zippier in City traffic due to lighter weight. You already know what happens on the highway. [:)]

Thread Starter #160
I meant that still, it can reach 130-140 kmph but it takes a bit of more time. Even doing a 0-100 takes around 14.5 seconds!

Thread Starter #162
Power loss has increased too much!
Truckload of issues have cropped up in the turbo, i think.
First of all, turbo doesnt spool at all. Revved the car upto 4500 RPM, still didnt get even slightest of turbo noise and the power loss is more prevalent in highways too.
I cant' reach 100kmph evwn in 16 seconds and I think the turbo has stopped working (?) please advice on this.. First engine replace and now the turbo also needs to be replaced???

Top Bottom