"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

bhvm

Honoured Member
Update:
To much ups and downs with Manza and we have done more than 11k kilometres with it in 2 months.
The odo stands at 86200 kilometres.
I have some questions for y'all.

1. The headlight glass colour has started fading away.
2. The dashboard's middle area's paint had also started coming out like peel. I'm talking about the area where there are AC controls.
3. Do all diesel cars take 2-3 ignitions to start?? Because if i try to start my manza on single it just keeps on cranking.
4. Are remaps available for my manza under 10k-15k ??

Experts advice needed!!
1. If the fading is minor and just outside, you can buff it at 3M guys. BTW is glass is yellow/dull due to age/ High watt bulbs, It cannot be buffed.
2. Guess the car is asking you for a custom Paint or Wrap/ Chrome treatment. See my Painted Safari Gear lever, Park brake and Steering for reference.
3. Thats not normal. As @vishnucrazy mentioned, it looks like a fueling issue.
Check simple things first. Like Fuel filter, Air in fuel Lines, Dirt in fuel tank etc.
Then move on to check Injector Wiring and fuel Supply.
As the Injector was opened recently, was it fitted back properly?
Then check HP fuel pump, ECU wiring, Glow plug wiring, etc.

You are absolutely correct Mr. @SilverEyez , but the Tata After Sales in my area su©ks.3 months back when i had just bought the car, i went to tata ass . Mean!! they are just so mean they treat their customers of old cars with 0 respect. I went there at nearly 10 AM, they said wait for half hour, i waited. 10:40, and a tigor owner came to them for service and ask what, they treated the tigor customer first. First i asked the Tigor owner that i had come first and he just ignored me.!! Then went to the service guys and asked the same. They answered, "upar ke orders hain sir" (we got orders from senior level). Well it was enough. Heated arguments between service guys, tigor owner and me and i left that place. Went to my trusted fng and he treated and respected me at a level which Tata guys can't even think of.
They should know that we are the reason what they are.
No offence to tigor owners.
Some TATA showrooms are pretty poor. Change showrooms and see.

Thread Starter #109
Accident Alert [cry]
Yesterday night while coming back home i was near a railway crossing where the police has put dividers (due to people driving in wrong lanes too much). Due to ever increasing traffic i was already boiled to reach home fast.
The story takes a turn. I am going at nearly 50-60 kmph when a maruti 800 crosses the divider and start driving in my lane. I didnt want to stop. I wanted to just bash my car into his car because he came to my lane. I didnt stop and nor did he just when we were about to collide, we both applied brakes and managed to crash at around 20-25 kmph.[shock] My car sufered scratches and scuffs on front bumper and a slight dent on hood while that person's M800' bumper and left fender got ripped away and had a huge dent on hood and his LHS headlight also broke. The real scene started now.
He came out and so did i. He was like half sleeping even after the accident. Young boi he was. He came to me and said "Dikhta nahi gaad aa rahi hai" !! (Cant you see my car coming? ) And i was just about to laugh at that sentence.
I told him he was in my lane and he argued. A policemen came and took him and his car with him as passers-by told the story to.him. Policemen told me to go away and i did. Don't know why but my Manza keeps on attracting these foolish peoples. Sent the car for repair at nearby trusted mechanic. I just planned to get the hood repaired (mechanic said he could repair that instead of replacing)
And get the bumpers painted after some time.
I think @bhvm Sir's advice of getting a dashcam is the thing for.me.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Good that no injury to you as well as the M800 guy.

It happens as some people think that the road belong to their grandpa's and they don't want to obey any road manners or lane discipline. It happened even to me many a times, but I just used to ignore it just avoid a scene in the middle of the road..

As per your post, it seems you too lost your cool and all happened suddenly, but knowingly (at least for you).

Yes, a Dashcam could save you, in case when there was no eyewitness to support or someone going against you.!

Thread Starter #111
Today a funny thing happened with me.
I was just cleaning the car myself and while cleaning the interiors, got to know that there was no water for wiper spray. Got a jug of water from home, and filled the water completely. Just when i popped close the hood, i saw that my feet and some lower part of jeans was wet.
Came to know that the pipe of water spray had broken!?
Will go today to get it fixed.

Thread Starter #114
IMG_20190406_075956_HDR.jpg

The mileage dropped to just a mere 14kmpl.
But i had mostly kept the RPM above 3.5k.
But even then, mileage had steeply decreased from previous 20's.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Low Mileage in old car's can be due to:

» Clogged Air Filter, Dirty Fuel Filter, Engine Oil Contaminated as Oil Change timeline crossed, Heavy Carbon deposits in Engine
» Low Air Pressure, Burn Out Tyres, Misaligned Wheels
» Continuously putting left foot on Clutch, Sudden Acceleration, AC on at time of Ignition etc

Check if any of the above problem affecting the mileage of your car?

Thread Starter #116
Tyres were recently changed and aligned.
Engine oil and air filter was changed recently sir and i don't use clutch that often nor my dad did that.
Could it be a mechanical fault??

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Suggest you can check with FNG (if you are close to one) and discuss the possibilities of low mileage problems.

Further, are you sure your car digital reading is correct and proper? . Also, you can try to find the mileage by Tankfull method.!

Thread Starter #118
Yes, last time mileage was 20.8 kmpl with 80% AC/Heater. This is a steep drop. Since last tank i have driven 220 kilometres and fuel gauge is at half position.
It translates to around 11.7 kmpl as i have used half fuel (that is, 19.5 litres as 5 litre is reserve) so 220/19.5 = Approx 11.5 kmpl. [cry]

Thread Starter #119
Just 1 hour ago, when i was at passenger seat and my dad was driving the car, the gears refused to engage.
I took the driver seat and felt the same, got stuck in reverse gear!!! But eventually i fully pressed the clutch and released it 5-6 times and gear got slotted but to much force was required. Now, the same thing happened in my Alto just before i sold it. The gear selector rod and 1 more part was changed. That costed me around 7k.
What do you all think about the issue?? What could be at fault??

Top Bottom