"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

bhvm

Honoured Member
Well Rev cam is the perfect Practical and reasonably priced accessory I would suggest to every car owner.
If its one of the Chinese units that clip onto your IRVM and also have some media player capability, I guess the price is in range of 4 to 5k.

Thread Starter #77
Well Rev cam is the perfect Practical and reasonably priced accessory I would suggest to every car owner.
If its one of the Chinese units that clip onto your IRVM and also have some media player capability, I guess the price is in range of 4 to 5k.
It's a unit that a Fortuner owner used for 1 month and then replaced it with a 10 inch screen so i bought this for only Rs.900 and you will be surprised to see it's quality and screen size and features.

Thread Starter #78
I told you guys about the whole dashboard rattling. Well, it was due to some engine mounts which were replaced and now you would just not believe if the car is started or not. The noise levels have decreased by a huge amount.
Week i have a question for you tech guys :
Today i was driving the car at speeds of around 50-60 kmph. Suddenly i saw white smoke coming out from hood. I stopped by side of road and saw diesel coming from injectors and sort. I had a cloth which i put there and when i took the cloth out it was filled with hot and smelly diesel.
What could have been wrong here???

bhvm

Honoured Member
Today i was driving the car at speeds of around 50-60 kmph. Suddenly i saw white smoke coming out from hood. I stopped by side of road and saw diesel coming from injectors and sort. I had a cloth which i put there and when i took the cloth out it was filled with hot and smelly diesel.
What could have been wrong here???
“The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 Review & Mods

This is what you have probably suffered.
Seems just poor engineering on the part of TATA.
DO NOT IGNORE the issue. Take the car to TASC when engine is cold.
I have read about 2 Safaris that burnt to ashes due to presumably this issue.

Thread Starter #80
When i talked to my FNG , he was also talkong abiut a copper washer in injector. I would look for it tomorrow.
Thanks for the advice.

Thread Starter #81
Well, guys the issue of smoke from engine bay and leaking of diesel from injector is fixed in just Rs. 300 by replacing the copper washer on one of the injectors and the cars now drives very nice.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thats Sad engineering. I thought these problems were Limited to Safari 2.2s. But somehow they did it in Smaller engines too. Never have heard this problem, In say a Mahindra which uses the same AVL 2.2 Block.

Thread Starter #83
Update : Guys, the issues are just not stopping!!
Yesterday while i was driving at 70-90 kmph on a unlit highway (NH 24), suddenly all the lights, including headlights, taillights, instrument cluster lights, switches backlight went off!!!! I was in shock at speed of around 75kmph i had 0 visibility of what is coming on the way.
Glad i didn't panic too much, when the lights turned off, i stood on brakes, wheels locked, car didn't drift by even a inch. 1 second later i was loose on brake and then ask the lights turned on automatically.
If there tours of issue ketto on happening again and again i think i might change the car.

Thread Starter #84
One more thing, as you know Manza comes with a OEM central locking which is soundless. Any thing i can do which could add sound to it?? Cause it is not really helpful i can't confirm if the cat is locked out not. Pls help me guys!!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Update : Guys, the issues are just not stopping!!
Yesterday while i was driving at 70-90 kmph on a unlit highway (NH 24), suddenly all the lights, including headlights, taillights, instrument cluster lights, switches backlight went off!!!! I was in shock at speed of around 75kmph i had 0 visibility of what is coming on the way.
Glad i didn't panic too much, when the lights turned off, i stood on brakes, wheels locked, car didn't drift by even a inch. 1 second later i was loose on brake and then ask the lights turned on automatically.
If there tours of issue ketto on happening again and again i think i might change the car.
Wow Thats scary!
But it seems like some Loose contact than anything else. Check the battery connections are Tight. Also see if there some carbon formation on Battery Terminals. Check any loose Fuses or Relays. In my Safari I have taken a small sheet of sponge and put it inside the fuse box lid. In this way the Sponge keeps relays pushed in so they don't rattle themselves out on bad roads.
One more thing, as you know Manza comes with a OEM central locking which is soundless. Any thing i can do which could add sound to it?? Cause it is not really helpful i can't confirm if the cat is locked out not. Pls help me guys!!
My Safari comes with OEM security system including Immobilizer. There is a dediacted Immobilizer ECU under drivers seat. The system is also soundless. However, if someone opens the door, it uses a siren relay to trigger the Horn. Thereby sounding the alarm. There's no seperate buzzer. Also, it does not seem to have any output port for add on buzzer.

bhvm

Honoured Member
No I don't think so. Long presses or Key combinations don't do anything.
Also, Buzzer is physically not present. Wiring diagram not available.

One thing to do is connect a small buzzer (Scooter type) to Indicator relays. which will sound when you lock/unlock. But it will also irritate when signaling a turn.

Top Bottom