"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

I think all central locking units , are soundless .[think]

@Mr.BHVM
Can you mention which brand security system is that (I mean generally for Maruti , though its a factory fitted security system its of Nippon make , and just entering the model number , one can get wiring diagram .)

Thread Starter #93
Well i mean that the OEM central locking doesnt have a sound on lock/unlock . Who would want a chirping central lock!!

Thread Starter #97
Update:
To much ups and downs with Manza and we have done more than 11k kilometres with it in 2 months.
The odo stands at 86200 kilometres.
I have some questions for y'all.

1. The headlight glass colour has started fading away.
2. The dashboard's middle area's paint had also started coming out like peel. I'm talking about the area where there are AC controls.
3. Do all diesel cars take 2-3 ignitions to start?? Because if i try to start my manza on single it just keeps on cranking.
4. Are remaps available for my manza under 10k-15k ??

Experts advice needed!!

1.Headlight buffing maybe done , its not a permanent solution , it will last for maybe a year or so only to maximum , better to replace headlamp case than invest in buffing.
2.Its normal , especially its common even in cars like verna (My friend's verna's steering has the brush aluminium plastic finish ,it also started dying off , and the black plastic is visible .) Solution is replace the panel assembly (Which is just waste of money)
3.I want clarity in that , is it during cold start or always it takes 2-3 cranks . If at cold starts , then check with glow plug , starter motor .

Say the car has run for 30 min , you stop it , and then crank it , if it takes 2-3 cranks to start , then issue is with battery . Also does the vehicle shake much during cold starts and also while turning off ?
4. I don't think remaps are available under 10k-15k.

Update : Guys, the issues are just not stopping!!
Yesterday while i was driving at 70-90 kmph on a unlit highway (NH 24), suddenly all the lights, including headlights, taillights, instrument cluster lights, switches backlight went off!!!! I was in shock at speed of around 75kmph i had 0 visibility of what is coming on the way.
Glad i didn't panic too much, when the lights turned off, i stood on brakes, wheels locked, car didn't drift by even a inch. 1 second later i was loose on brake and then ask the lights turned on automatically.
If there tours of issue ketto on happening again and again i think i might change the car.
This is seriously dangerous,
I would advice you to take the car to an authorised TATA SC and get the complete car inspected and serviced immediately.

Thread Starter #100
@VISHNUCARCRAZY In cold starts it takes 3-4 cranks but in hot starts, (when i use the car and after stopping, restart it after half hour) it still takes atleast 2-3 cranks.

@SilverEyez yes sir i got it checked and they told nothing about to worry.

Thread Starter #104
i never felt any kind of lug white on incline sir.
Yeah battery should be ruled out cause i replaced it before 1 month.
Regarding fuel injector, it had started leaking out some diesel which i got sorted out last month.

This is seriously dangerous,
I would advice you to take the car to an authorised TATA SC and get the complete car inspected and serviced immediately.
You are absolutely correct Mr. @SilverEyez , but the Tata After Sales in my area su©ks.3 months back when i had just bought the car, i went to tata ass . Mean!! they are just so mean they treat their customers of old cars with 0 respect. I went there at nearly 10 AM, they said wait for half hour, i waited. 10:40, and a tigor owner came to them for service and ask what, they treated the tigor customer first. First i asked the Tigor owner that i had come first and he just ignored me.!! Then went to the service guys and asked the same. They answered, "upar ke orders hain sir" (we got orders from senior level). Well it was enough. Heated arguments between service guys, tigor owner and me and i left that place. Went to my trusted fng and he treated and respected me at a level which Tata guys can't even think of.
They should know that we are the reason what they are.
No offence to tigor owners.

Top Bottom