"White Whale" Comes Home: Tata Manza Quadrajet Ownership Report

Conratulations for your new ride @THE_DRIFTER
You have a got a very well maintained car.
The Red mods were looking very Sporty, go ahead with it.
And very importantly,
Drive Safe, saw few of your posts with speeds around 120-140kmph, respect the 8 year old car and drive at sane speeds.
Wish you lots of Happy and Safe miles[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #50
Conratulations for your new ride @THE_DRIFTER
You have a got a very well maintained car.
The Red mods were looking very Sporty, go ahead with it.
And very importantly,
Drive Safe, saw few of your posts with speeds around 120-140kmph, respect the 8 year old car and drive at sane speeds.
Wish you lots of Happy and Safe miles[thumbsup]
@SilverEyez thanks for the well wishes sir. Well from now on i would take care on speeds!! [evil] wish you same from me as well.

Check for spray paints from Rustoleum.
it will be very hard to do anything with professional Auto paint unless you have a spray gun and decent experience.
[thumbsup]
Yes sir i would surely check for the thing you mentioned to me. And yes whenever i do this painting and stuff i would not do it myself and get it done by some professional painters. [;)]

Thread Starter #52
UPDATE: Manza has completed 82,000 kilometers!!
NIGGLES FACED: 1. The upper area of dashboard is rattling like hell!!
Experts please advise on this issue. BTW, it takes only when the car is idling. Even if i put lightest for possible on accelerator the rattles disappear.
2. The headlights don't inspire even 1% confidence during high speeds on highways or expressways. Again, experts advice!!
MILEAGE: Well the last time it was 17.5 kmpl, in the meantime,
Yesterday the MID showed 19.7 kmpl with Heater On 80-85% !!!!!
And by tank to tank method, it was 19.2 kmpl !!!
Week this is a nice mileage for a HUGE sedan with 1.5 t weight.
But during this period i restricted my speed to 110-120 kph (thanks to my friend @SilverEyez .)
To Moderators: @350Z or any other moderator please can you add '82k kilometers update' to the title???

Please Sorry: Truckload pdf pics will come tonight as my car is home, but again taken by my dad to work.

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. Some rattles are OK in older vehicles. Maybe Internal mountings of Dashboard are loose. See if its worth tearing down entire dash for it.

2.Read the LED thread. You need decent LED bulbs for upgrade.

3.110 Is far more sane speed and rewards you with better FE too. Win win. BTW is manza really as heavy as 1.5 tons?

Thread Starter #54
1. Yes i would find a professional automotive shop or something and get all nuts and bolts tightened in the dash.
2. Have read it and an thinking about it.
3. Yes sir. Without any luggage or person is weight is around 1.2 tones, as there luggage and weight of alle and it comes to 1.5 tones!!!

Thread Starter #55
Hello guys, manza has completed 83,000 kilometers and it's time for a tyre change.
Please advice me what tyre should i go for???

Cost varies , for better durability I recommend - Bridgestone B290 series . (Lasted till 55kkm in Verna )
If you need comfort + moderate durability - You can try Michelin Energy XM2 / Yokohama S drives.
If Fancy pattern + comfort + moderate durability - You can go with Nankang, Federal .(Comparitively cheaper and lasts like Michelins and Yokohamas)

Moderate durability is - 40k (Depending on road conditions and using pattern)

Top Bottom