Which Scooter To Buy?

Thread Starter #1
Need a scooter for my wife who is moderately tall.
Prefer a scooter with good mileage and good suspension that may not cause back pain. As the roads are not good enough. For daily commute of 6 km (one side).

Scooty Zest , Suzuki Let's, Hero Pleasure or any other.

Re: which Scooter to buy ?

Prefer a scooter with good mileage and good suspension that may not cause back pain. As the roads are not good enough. For daily commute of 6 km (one side).

Please quantify certain things. Eg: Moderately tall, "moderate" varies from person to person, Budget?

If you really looking for a comfortable scooter then I bet only TVS can give you comfortable ride.

Now with TVS you have 2 choice, WEGO and Jupiter. Both share same chassis, engine and many more.

Which one to choose?

1. if your wife is below 5.5 feet choose WEGO else Jupiter
2. take a test drive, to choose according to your wife's height, if you are confuse to select based on point 1.

Advantage of both vehicles,

- smooth suspension setup as compared to any other scooter available in INDIAN market between price bracket of 50k - 1 lac.

- smooth engine [HONDA's are also equal in terms of engine performance and mileage]

- less maintenance

- Jupiter have disc brake as optional whereas WEGO has combined braking system.

- 12" tyres with alloys on both front and rear [NO scooter is available other than this]
[Many scooters like Suzuki Access, Honda Activa 125, Hero Maestro EDGE have only front with 12"] [Bigger wheels adds one level more to comfort and safety]

Vespa is costly as compared to any other scooter in market. The built quality cannot be compared with any other. But still it lacks in ride comfort.

Aprillia SR150 is another option for taller people with bigger wheel, but the stiff suspension ruins the fun on Indian roads.

Thread Starter #4

She doesn't know how to ride. And I know nothing about scooters other than what seen in internet reviews.
TD wego and zest , I felt , wego with better handling , engine was smooth for both ,with same engine.
Zest is plastic whereas wego with metallic body.
I think 10" wheel of (Zest)is fine, to go over potholes. Zest review is good and found one satisfied user.

All the scooters in market are overpriced. They know at any cost users will buy it .

Hero duet has a impeccable ride quality even with a pillion almost similar to that of a bike. One down side it's heavy and does not feel quick in o t0 40 dash, but compensates with a strong mid range and a superb top end performance. It's my view of performance with a pillion( two heave people). a lighter soul would feel the other way,

She doesn't know how to ride. And I know nothing about scooters other than what seen in internet reviews.
TD wego and zest , I felt , wego with better handling , engine was smooth for both ,with same engine.
Zest is plastic whereas wego with metallic body.
I think 10" wheel of (Zest)is fine, to go over potholes. Zest review is good and found one satisfied user.

All the scooters in market are overpriced. They know at any cost users will buy it .
Bigger the wheels bigger the advantage you get on pot holes.
Also quality of suspension plus cushion softness are equally responsible for comfort.

Buying a metal body vehicle has better advantage over the period of time as plastic [ABS material] body part are more likely to get damage & starts vibrating with bad road conditions.

I did a big mistake some time back to save some money I bought Hero pleasure instead of scooter like Activa/Jupiter/Wego/Access. Few year later I realize the mistake and left with no choice and bought Jupiter.

Thread Starter #7

[:)]Then I may choose Wego .

Will try Duet too as there is a discount of 3000. but I don't want a heavy scooter .

Last edited:

- Jupiter have disc brake as optional whereas WEGO has combined braking system.
Jupiter now comes with Sync braking system as well. [clap]

[:)]Then I may choose Wego .

Will try Duet too as there is a discount of 3000. but I don't want a heavy scooter .
Let your wife test ride both Wego and Jupiter. Buy the one she is comfortable riding. Wego has all metal body and body balancing feature.

Thread Starter #11
Pleasure feels not good . she felt comfortable with Wego but felt scooty( zest 110 cc) light.
Duet is good to ride but for her it is heavy and fat .

Piaggio is really good . should I buy it for local usage . and currently where am staying there is no service center .

I am held up with registration problem . as I am staying away from native place . and this dealer is not taking office address as temporary address id proof . What the hell .

What do u think riding the new scooter away 80 km and doing registration and bring it back .

Without a blink, go ahead and book the Aprillia SR150. Excellent bike for ladies and gents alike.

Powerful, peppy, excellent drivability, large tyres, very good traction and low maintenance @ 82-85K onroad.

From having experienced, Activa, Duro, Scooty etc., objectively none match up to Aprillia

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Bought scooty zest 110 cc .
Didn't TD Some of the above said and relied mostly on online reviews and couple of user experiences of Zest.
I looked for a 110 cc which is light on budget. Usage was for a lady , so preferred a light weight vehicle.

Ended up with two choice maestro and Zest . Activa and Yamaha rejected because of cost .

Heard several good reviews on Jupiter and Wego and their engine too . zest felt very light compared to other vehicles .Couldnt say whether it was good or bad . But after owning it for some days I would say light vehicle has its advantages especially for ladies.
Although am not comparing it with any . I can say this vehicle is one good choice , if u are not a tall person. ( 5ft 8inc) .
Looking for a city ride , light and breeze in traffic .
And for girls , because it has a girlish design .Definitely female .
This is economical and value for money.

Disclaimer : Had drove only an old Activa , and Dio before , scooters never impressed me. Driving experience on bikes.

@Rumbutan congratulations for your scooty zest.

Now,I would like to hijack this thread for my query for a good gearless scooter.

We need a gearless scooter exclusively for my father height 5:10 ,well built-not obese.Since primary mode of transport would be car,it will be standing for most of the time and would be used only for short runabout occasionally .

Now my experience on scooter has been with kinetic nova and honda activa.Kinetic Nova I have owned and driven extensively, whereas had a fair bit of time on activa also.What's interesting is that from my experience I can say that Nova was an excellent scooter be it stance,handling ,seat comfort,power,brakes ,mileage[clap] only sore point was average suspension.Still, it did not sell that well,whereas I found activa highly overrated still it continues to be the highest selling scooter.[confused]

Would be nice to have:

1 Disc brake
2 Seats- comfortable with good real estate .
3 Suspension - Good suspension,do not want to hear khat-khat at speed breakers or potholes.
4 Size - Bigger the better.
5 seating stance- seating stance for the rider should be great for eg Nova (great), Activa (not so great)
6 I would prefer fuel cap outside.
7 Power=110-125
Now I would have preferred vespa but I don't think my father would be convinced, due to such high price for something which is going to be rarely used.

Final decision would depend on my father choice and preference (he is inclined towards Honda for its brand value) but still I would like your informed suggestion on what will be the best bet ,so that I could nudge him towards it.

I have seen bajaj chetak Photo and would love to buy it,can someone tell me when it's going to launch?
bajaj chetak.jpg

Another interesting launch is TVS jupiter 125 ,any idea of the launch ?

I have heard lot of good things about tvs jupiter so it on my priority list any other scooter worth considering?

Last edited:

Top Bottom