Which Phone is the Way to Go?

Thread Starter #47
oh man, your budget is like a dream!!
go for N97 mini and you wont regret it though
even Omnia is good
my dad is pretty satisfied with his omnia.

@ type r- N97 is totally out of my list now! i dont need a QWERTY keypad now! if at all, i have to buy a N97 mini, i will better buy a HTC google nexus one at the same price as the latter offers me a AMOLED capacitive touch screen with better camera features.

meanwhile, i did a quick comparo yesterday & found out that among 5 MP phones, the Google nexus one & Nokia X6 are good contenders costing 25k & 30k respectively.

Among 8MP phones, Samsung I8520 beam (soon to be released) seems to be better than Samsung Omnia HD costing 35k & 33k respectively.

Sony vivaz is not worth the price (35k) as for the same price, Samsung Beam offers a AMOLED capacitive screen/480x800/3.7" instead of resistive screen/360x240/3.2" offered in the vivaz.

yes, the Sony X10 seemed to the most ideal phone for me, but it has a outdated OS!

I have never heard of all these phones also!![lol]

But my advice don go for new releases! After a month or two you may get user reviews in net , after reading the reviews go for it if its really worth it!

My preference would be sticking for Sony / Samsung / Nokia phone with keypad / QWERTY.

This is must, so dont go for full touch. It will be good to use in the initial days.

But you will be irritated soon to use touch.

I have never heard of all these phones also!![lol]

But my advice don go for new releases! After a month or two you may get user reviews in net , after reading the reviews go for it if its really worth it!
go through the word file i have attached below. its a quick comparo with pics.

View attachment HTC google nexus one.doc

My preference would be sticking for Sony / Samsung / Nokia phone with keypad / QWERTY.

This is must, so dont go for full touch. It will be good to use in the initial days.

But you will be irritated soon to use touch.
but zinam, i am not too much into net surfing on the phone. also, i dont sms too often. so do i really need a QWERTY? isnt it better to spend that amount in more features?

Hmmm.. I would say to rethink!

QWERTY is must now a days.

I am also really fascinated about Touch screen. May be for the first week its too good with accelerometer, bla bla bla.

But its hard to touch everytime & you will tend to go crazy.

I am telling this because all my friends bought Nokia 5800 when it was released, now they got bored & irritated. In my project 3 people bought it the very next week it was launched :)

Thread Starter #55
yea
you can safely go for X6 also
it is a fine phone.
how BB Storm?
it might not match your specs but have look at it

Hmmm.. I would say to rethink!

QWERTY is must now a days.

I am also really fascinated about Touch screen. May be for the first week its too good with accelerometer, bla bla bla.

But its hard to touch everytime & you will tend to go crazy.

I am telling this because all my friends bought Nokia 5800 when it was released, now they got bored & irritated. In my project 3 people bought it the very next week it was launched :)
yes, maybe you are right. i will definitely reconsider my decision.

the another reason i am reluctant for QWERTY is that it adds to the size, weight & price.

Thanks Raj for the document! I feel X6 is a good bet! Though it will be a new model and some problems may arise!
thats is true & i am not 100% sure what will be its price range.

yea
you can safely go for X6 also
it is a fine phone.
how BB Storm?
it might not match your specs but have look at it
no BB for me! its too much a business phone!

Hey guys am now planning to upgrade my phone! I prefer only Xpressmusic as its easy to use and does not hang or restart much! My idea is to go for a 5800Xpressmusic! My dad's budget nothing more than 15k!!

Is it worth buying it?? Or are there any new releases in Xpressmusic slated to be launched before April??

nokia 5800 is an excellent phone. just go for it. my close relative brought one last week for 13k. the price is 13.8k. he brought it at croma where there was 5% cash back for HSBC platinum card and also a scratch card offer with a minimum amount of 100rs. so in total he got 800 bucks discount. you also get a 8gb card in the box and also a senn heiser headset free from nokia itself. its a worthy buy for the amount you spend.

Oh okay thanks for the info Sriharsha but my dad does not have a platinum card , so i cannot avail that 5% discount! But will check out Croma in Chennai also for any special offer!

Yes i also got to know that we get an 8gb card as well as an headset!

Mostly i have finalized for 5800 only![thumbsup]

Top Bottom