Which Phone is the Way to Go?

Thread Starter #33
now it is a fight between BB Bold and MotoRazr V3i
now the Moto is old like 1.5 years old but i just love it!
so which is better?

hey guys, now its my time to go for a new phone! My budget is anywhere between 20,000 to 30,000 INR.

this time i need a phone with a-
* 8 MP camera (though even 5MP would do)
* touch screen (touch screen + QWERTY keypad would be great)
* sleek looks

i am really a nokia fan & i really love & PREFER their phones. but i wont mind experimenting with other makes too.

the ones i have shortlisted till now are:

* N 97 mini- my favourite! comes with QWERTY + touch pad, has a 8 GB memory which is more than enough for me but sadly comes only with a 5MP camera. costs 30,000.

* LG GC 900 Viewty- it has a 8 MP camera! but reviews suggest camera quality is just average! no QWERTY too. another downside is its an LG. costs 27,000.

* LG GD 900 Crystal- again has a 8 MP camera which reviews say is good & has got a cool crystal keypad. no QWERTY or touch screen. costs 26,000.

* Samsung Omnia HD i8910- my second favourite phone. has got touch screen without QWERTY & has a good 8 MP camera. costs 33,000.

i really like the N97 for the fact that it has all that i need except a 8 MP camera. AND ITS A NOKIA!

samsung omnia offers an 8MP camera but no QWERTY. and its a samsung!

HELP!

Okay!

My advice.. Stay way from LG!!

Chose between Nokia & Samsung & you will not regret.

My personal advice is to take a look at samsung Omnia, as its technically advanced & no restart problems yet from samsung.

Till date all N series have atleast restart problem!

I am a Sony Ericsson guy, and one phone I can think of is the SE X2. This has all you want ... 8 MP camera, touch screen + QWERTY keypad.
There is also something from Motorola fitting your requirement. The Shadow.
Have not used them, so can't comment on good or bad, but you should take a dekko at gsmarena.com before any cellphone purchase.

Attachments

Who said its $99 ??

The total India has gone crazy with IPhone for 99 US dollars!

iphone will be sold only with AT&T connection. You have to pay activation charge of $50 & verification / processing charges of $30.

Upon cancellation of connection with in a year you have to pay $175.

So hope now everyone knows the original price [surprise]

thanks for the reply zinam & aditya.

i feel the samsung is not worth the price. except for a 8MP camera, it has nothing worth talking about.

how is the X10 aditya? will it fit in my budget? when will it be launched?

I don know about the other phones but don go for N series! My friends having N72 , N73 and N85 all suffering from restart and hanging problems!! Not too good and i guess all N series have this problem!

how is the X10 aditya? will it fit in my budget? when will it be launched?
The X10 is supposed to be out in Q1 2010, which is where we are ... so any time soon!!
And the price, I guess we will have to wait for the announcement, but one thing is for sure, the X2 will drop like a rock whenever the X10 is out!!

A review of the X10 is at http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10-review-412.php
and they do have good things to say about it.

At around the budget, you could even take a look at the new Google Phone .... the Nexus.
It is supposed to be the next big thing!!
20North quotes 33368 for an unlocked one.
Have read some rave reviews of it.

I don know about the other phones but don go for N series! My friends having N72 , N73 and N85 all suffering from restart and hanging problems!! Not too good and i guess all N series have this problem!
the reason i am giving priority to nokia is because i am using nokia for a long time now & am really comfortable with it.

also, i have a N95 8GB now & except that it is slow sometimes, it has no other problems as such, like restarting. yes, i agree, some applications do hang occasionally, but the phone never hangs.

The X10 is supposed to be out in Q1 2010, which is where we are ... so any time soon!!
And the price, I guess we will have to wait for the announcement, but one thing is for sure, the X2 will drop like a rock whenever the X10 is out!!

A review of the X10 is at http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10-review-412.php
and they do have good things to say about it.
At around the budget, you could even take a look at the new Google Phone .... the Nexus.
It is supposed to be the next big thing!!
20North quotes 33368 for an unlocked one.
Have read some rave reviews of it.
thanks for the link buddy. it a cool phone but looks far more expensive than the N97 mini. it does not have a QWERTY keypad but has a 8MP camera. looks are also far better than the nokia.

i wont prefer the google phone, i will only go for brands like nokia, sony, LG, samsung, HTC, etc.

ALSO, hows the Nokia X6 or Nokia N900 compared to the sony Xperia X10?

on second thoughts, i dont really need a QWERTY keypad (!!), so the lack of it in the nokia X6 & sony X10 is not really a big issue.

Last edited:
guys, now i am really really confused! now as i said, i dont really need a QWERTY keypad as i dont do a lot of net surfing on the phone, its only occasional.

what i do need is-
1) cool looks & user interface
2) 3G compatibility
3) 5MP camera atleast, preferably 8MP
4) good screen size & clarity
5) excellent music player

i prefer brands like sony, nokia, samsung, HTC & blackberry.

now i am really confused because when i did an extensive research yesterday on gsmarena.com, i found out that sony & samsung really offers much better & feature rich phones at the same price as compared to nokia. for example, i really loved the Sony Xperia X10 as compared to the nokia X6 assuming the sony costs 30k. infact i loved the nokia X6 over the more expensive nokia D900. have used the nokia N series (my present phone is a nokia N95 8GB) for a while, i want to try something different now!

i feel the Xperia X10 is a class apart woth its cool UI & 8MP camera but-
1) will it come in my budget?
2) will applications for the Android OS 1.6 be easily available on the net?
3) i heard sony will upgrade the OS to Android 2.0 after a few months of its launch where more features will be added. true?
4) why does it come only with 8GB when nokia offers atleast 16GB? though 8GB is more than enough for me!
5) being a sony, i think its music player will be better than nokia. can i upgrade my headsets like in nokia?
6) most importantly, is there any problem if i buy it as soon as it is launched? normally it is said that one should wait for a few months before buying a new model until all the bugs are sorted out by the company.

Arun

Suspended
^ What about the "I'll save for my alloys" part?

The N97 is a good deal. My professor has it. Pretty stable to.

Top Bottom