Which PC Anti-Virus Software You Have?

Your anti-virus?

• Total voters
Dont angry on me but i had tried AVG7 [evil]
That experience was so terrific that i had never switched to AVG.
I had used avast for many years, its also good. But performance wise MSE is fastest and best for me.
No problem. I don't get angry that easily [:)] I have had no problems with AVG. Recommended it to some friends also. Anyway...

Avast ! It is . The free version. [:D]. And yes it is pretty good. Had microsoft security essentials running on my new pc but!!!! I feel avast is better. Using avast since 3 years or so and am happy happy !!!!

In last 7-8 years of using PC I have tried almost all antivirus that I came across. Norton, Bit defender, Zone alarm, McAfee, Quick Heal, Avast and for some with No Anti Virus. Finally I am now stuck to McAfee and is serving me good.

In last 7-8 years of using PC I have tried almost all antivirus that I came across. Norton, Bit defender, Zone alarm, McAfee, Quick Heal, Avast and for some with No Anti Virus. Finally I am now stuck to McAfee and is serving me good.
McAfee is quite good too! I used it for about 2 years, and it worked well [:D]

Thread Starter #52

350Z

Core Team
Microsoft Security Essentials sucks. I installed it last week and it’s been a nightmare ever since. Windows freeze on start up screen after installation. In the beginning I assumed that it might be due the improper un-installation of previous antivirus (Avast). I decided to reinstall the Windows 7 (Genuine) and use MSE again. Alas. I was back to square one. Just a word of caution to those who even attempt to install this software – Do ensure to back up all the important files / folders beforehand.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I've been using AVG since 5+ years and constantly keep updating/upgrading to latest versions. Coupled with it I have Zone Alarm firewall. Not a single intrusion till date and I must mention that i use torrents a lot.

freakdude.

Microsoft Security Essentials sucks. I installed it last week and it’s been a nightmare ever since. Windows freeze on start up screen after installation. In the beginning I assumed that it might be due the improper un-installation of previous antivirus (Avast). I decided to reinstall the Windows 7 (Genuine) and use MSE again. Alas. I was back to square one. Just a word of caution to those who even attempt to install this software – Do ensure to back up all the important files / folders beforehand.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Everything is fine for me, been using it for 6 months+.

Been using ESET Smart security earlier was called Nod32.

Its just been smooth after that.
Upgrading it and using it for more than 5 years i think. Lost count actually.
No intrusions and anyways a 64 bit os is less likely to fall prey to usb viruses These days.

I am surprised that Quick heal not in the poll list[surprise]

I am using it since last 3 years, the licences version, it works really good and did not spare a single virus and spam !! Its cost also less, something like 1200/- per installation [:)]

I am surprised that Quick heal not in the poll list[surprise]

I am using it since last 3 years, the licences version, it works really good and did not spare a single virus and spam !! Its cost also less, something like 1200/- per installation [:)]
Its a piece of crap to me. Didn't even detect most of viruses I made, while MSE leaves none! Oh and MSE is free.

Its a piece of crap to me. Didn't even detect most of viruses I made, while MSE leaves none! Oh and MSE is free.
not sure about the utility of MSE since we are talking about vulnerability of windows being taken care by windows itself.

And yes 1200 is a lot overpriced. Flipkart gives legit AV for around 300 bucks.

not sure about the utility of MSE since we are talking about vulnerability of windows being taken care by windows itself.
Have to agree, never thought of this earlier. Anyways, it detected stuff which wasn't detected by QuickHeal, so this definitely is better. [lol]

Top Bottom