Which PC Anti-Virus Software You Have?

Your anti-virus?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Which anti-virus software you are using currently? My McAfee subscription has recently expired and I’m looking for some reliable and free software.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well,I am using a Torrented Avast whose license has been shut down as it was caught on net.
So now I am also in search for a good antivirus software,but it must be free of cost...

I use Avira Free combined with Syagte Personal Firewall in xp and Comodo in win7 on my wife's laptop.

As for me i mostly never use windows. i use only Linux whenever i can. (the only drawback is games. you need windows for games such as NFS etc, others like quake etc runs on linux).
My personal Linux is Mandriva, started off with RedHat in ~2000, but later on switched to Mandrake (old name of mandriva)

AMG

Suspended
Eset Nod 32

Best antivirus in the market today.
Just google it if you dont believe me.

avast internet security with license ;) After testing over 13 av's with my PC this one seemed balanced overall. Altho I believe our own quickheal is the best av out there followed by kaspersky and symantec.

Quick Heal is an Indian company founded ~1993. So if you are purchasing an AV quickheal is a good choice, it is a good AV + we will be supporting Made in India products also.
Many of my friends are using Licensed QuickHeal after i introduced it to them on 2005, and they are happy.

go for avast home. prefect solution . I used avast on my network around 4 troubleless years .

ps : I left sysadmin job 1 year before

Eset nod32 very user friendly and very lite on system .
I'm using this on my older Dell Laptop. Actually my company uses this in the office and on the ships so I got hold of the licence key. However it expires in December. This is a very good option in paid. Quite VFM and good performance.

go for avast home. prefect solution . I used avast on my network around 4 troubleless years .
using Avast past one year. its also free from their page and its good.
This is what I have on my Acer Netbook. I think this is the best option in Free Antivirus.

Earlier I was using AVG.

Top Bottom