Which One? Pulsar or CBZ Extreme (2011)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I'm using HH Glamour(2005) for past 6 years. Upto this day Glamour not gave any problem & I not spent any cost for my bike except Petrol & Engine Oil.

I started to learn bike in HH CD100(1992-2002), later i used Splendor(2002-2004), next to that was Ambition(2004-2005), now Glamour(2005- Till date), upto till date none of my bikes gave any problem to me. so I Trust Hero Honda(HERO MOTO CORP).

As i used Hero Honda(HERO MOTO CORP) from childhood to till date, i have some sentiment & affection with HH bikes.

Mine is a Kick start, Drum brakes & Spokes wheel first edition bike in Glamour Serious. Now i need an update.

I decided to go for 150cc segment:

My Requirement : 1. Decent look(like me [:D])
2.Good mileage
3.Good Pickup & performance

150cc Bikes:

TVS APACHE: No Trust with TVS motors. With the advice of my friends, Performance of Apache will get reduce after 2-3 years. But, still i like the look of APACHE.

Bajaj Pulsar: Decent & Performance oriented bike, I know Pulsar will never reduce its performance after 6-7 years also.

CBZ Extreme (2011) : Decent bike with newly modified with few feature .But,I'm not satisfied with its look. Otherwise it is nice bike with good Engine.

Honda Dazzler: Honda Stands for Performance & Long-lasting. But the look is not great when comparing to Pulsar & Apache.

Honda Unicorn: Really a wonderful bike, but Outdated.

Finally I shortlisted CBZ (2011) & Pulsar.

I compared these two bikes.

CBZ(2011):

On road - Rs.74,800(On-road Vellore)
Features : Digital Console, Tubeless tyres, Split Seat, Secured Ignition.

Pulsar:

On road - Rs.75,400(On-road Vellore)
Features : Digital Console.(No idea about Tubeless tyres)

But Split Seat, Secured Ignition are missing in pulsar.My dad & Sister recommending Pulsar for its Muscle look particularly in BLACK COLOR.[evil], but i prefer CBZ,(B'coz of Hero moto corp.)
Now I’m in big Dilemma among this two great bikes,

Please advice me on this friends,

Last edited:
Re: Which One? Pulsar or CBZ EXTREME(2011)

TVS APACHE: No Trust with TVS motors. With the advice of my friends, Performance of Apache will get reduce after 2-3 years. But, still i like the look of APACHE.
Bajaj Pulsar: Decent & Performance oriented bike, I know Pulsar will never reduce its performance after 6-7 years also.
Drop in performance depends on how you ride and maintain the bike. From my experience performance of Apache is far better than Pulsar, any day. Both bikes deliver almost same power (RTR is slightly higher) but RTR has got more torque.

Now I’m in big Dilemma among this two great bikes
My vote goes to Pulsar (between Pulsar and CBZ, or else RTR any day)
Not sure about the Hero Moto engineering after their tie-up break with Honda.

Either ur frnds are pulsar fanboys, or they personally have never used The Apache. The statement regarding apaches is wrong even if u change the 2-3 years to decades, and the pulsar, forget 6-7 years, it'll lose everything in 6-7 months. The extreme is a decent bike, but its sedate. Looks is sumthing i'll let u decide, and high end performance is dismal. U can go with pulsar if it looks better, ill say get the 180. The apache is not for everybody. Its way too aggeresive. Not everybody is rev happy corner carving types.

I somehow disagree with your friend. IMO TVS Apache RTR is the bike for you. I enjoy riding the RTR over the CBZ or Pulsar. As for the problems, i have a few friends who have owned TVS Apache and even living with it without any major issues.

Muscle look particularly in BLACK COLOR.
Go with pulsar, I had one and its the best.
My friend has pulsar 150 and had he had done leh-Ldakha trip + konkan trip on pulsar.
After 6 years still bike is good. Just added K&N and iridium spark plugs and now it sounds like a sports bike. Pulsar anytime for its looks, VFM.

PS: If you want to consider fun factor then check out 180,220 also but maintenance cost will be on higher side .Its my personal experience.

Thread Starter #7
Drop in performance depends on how you ride and maintain the bike. From my experience performance of Apache is far better than Pulsar, any day. Both bikes deliver almost same power (RTR is slightly higher) but RTR has got more torque.

I agree with you Mr.Boss, depends of the maintenance only the performance remains. I'm maintaining all my bikes in Showroom condition,so this will not be a issue for me.

I ride both Apache & Pulsar, Definitely i agree the performance & Handling of Apache is better than pulsar. But, one of my friend said that he faced sluggish in performance & mileage after 2 years. later he sold the bike & brought Classic 350.

The words from my friend disturbing me to select Apache.

Not sure about the Hero Moto engineering after their tie-up break with Honda..
I also feel the same.

Thanks for your Valuable advice,
now i changed my option changed from CBZ to APACHE. [:D]

Either ur frnds are pulsar fanboys, or they personally have never used The Apache. The statement regarding apaches is wrong even if u change the 2-3 years to decades, and the pulsar, forget 6-7 years, it'll lose everything in 6-7 months.

Actually i checked with two friends who having Apache, but their statement about Apache is not satisfied to me & they used their Apaches for 2yrs & changed their Bikes.
That's why i got fear to buy Apache. After your words, I got some courage to buy Apache, this weekend i'll checkout Apache at showroom.

U can go with pulsar if it looks better, ill say get the 180..
But my Dad wont allow me to buy 180:(

Its way too aggeresive.
I ride Apache RTR for 80km continuously,:agree: Apache RTR is too aggeresive.

Thanks for your Inputs.

. IMO TVS Apache RTR is the bike for you. I enjoy riding the RTR over the CBZ or Pulsar. As for the problems, i have a few friends who have owned TVS Apache and even living with it without any major issues.

After you, racerdabba & Mr.Boss words, I got some hope with Apache RTR,

I'll check it out this weekend.

Thanks for your Valuable information.

Go with pulsar, I had one and its the best.
My friend has pulsar 150 and had he had done leh-Ldakha trip + konkan trip on pulsar.
After 6 years still bike is good. Just added K&N and iridium spark plugs and now it sounds like a sports bike. Pulsar anytime for its looks, VFM.

PS: If you want to consider fun factor then check out 180,220 also but maintenance cost will be on higher side .Its my personal experience.
Thank You Surfer for your comments, i started this thread to compare CBZ & PULSAR,but now i decided to compare PULSAR & APACHE.

yes, Pulsar is a great bike to travel adventures trip.

weather it may be Pulsar or Apache, Once i got my bike definitely i'll add K&N and iridium spark plugs on my bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8
dude are you not interested in yamaha FZ series??

I Interested but mileage matters boss, [:D]

one guy in my area got FZ & said he got 35kmpl. FZ mileage is very less when compare to other bikes.

otherwise, it is a fabulous bike, I like its look, wonderful Handling & Performance.

go for the HONDA UNICORN, its the bike of 150cc segment. I am using this bike for the last 6 yrs and it has been a utter delight using it, man I have ripped even 220 cc bikes like karizama , pulsar 180 and all in terms of IN GEAR ACCELERATION. Yes I know that bottom end punch is not like others yet trust me once you become a wing rider nothing can stop you from exceling others,don't bother about fancy styling .

add K&N and iridium spark plugs on my bike
Don't add on new bike you will loose warranty.

Also if possible try to find some second hand pulsar / Apache
My brother got Apache RTR 9 months used just 12k odo at 45k [;)]

Thread Starter #11
Don't add on new bike you will loose warranty.

Also if possible try to find some second hand pulsar / Apache
My brother got Apache RTR 9 months used just 12k odo at 45k [;)]

Oh ok, shall we can add after 2-3yrs after buying the bike.

Personally i have No interest on second bikes.

Your brother got Apache RTR for good amount, convey my congrats to him.

how is the performance & mileage of new(For your Brother) Apache?

go for the HONDA UNICORN, its the bike of 150cc segment. I am using this bike for the last 6 yrs and it has been a utter delight using it, man I have ripped even 220 cc bikes like karizama , pulsar 180 and all in terms of IN GEAR ACCELERATION. Yes I know that bottom end punch is not like others yet trust me once you become a wing rider nothing can stop you from exceling others,don't bother about fancy styling .

Yes, Unicorn is a fantastic bike. my friend having unicorn for 6 years, still it rocks on road.

I like its suspension, we does not feel any huge bumps in that bike.

Thanks for your Advice.

I think the things you have heard about Apache are false. Few of my friends are having Apache RTR , they have not faced any problem with the bike so far. I am having my Pulsar for 4 years now clocked more than 33k KMS, no problems faced so far.

If mileage is your main concern then Pulsar has a slight advantage here , Pulsar scores higher as an overall package. Apache is a great performer so slightly lesser FE compared to Pulsar. If you are a tall rider , avoid Apache! I din't find Apache to be comfortable for long journeys.

BTW why haven't you considered the Hunk? My friend has one for 2 years now and it has served him well.

Thread Starter #15
I think the things you have heard about Apache are false. Few of my friends are having Apache RTR , they have not faced any problem with the bike so far. I am having my Pulsar for 4 years now clocked more than 33k KMS, no problems faced so far.

If mileage is your main concern then Pulsar has a slight advantage here , Pulsar scores higher as an overall package. Apache is a great performer so slightly lesser FE compared to Pulsar. If you are a tall rider , avoid Apache! I din't find Apache to be comfortable for long journeys.

BTW why haven't you considered the Hunk? My friend has one for 2 years now and it has served him well.

As Glamour is a tall rider i prefer Pulsar in that category.For 6 yrs, my Glamour clocked 55k, till not even a single problem. I mostly ride my bike solo between Vellore & Chennai Non-Stop(140Km) during night times, but i not felt any tired iduring the journey. In this also Pulsar wins.

After the advice of TAI members, my opinion about Apache is totally changed. I already Ride those two machines. Eventhough, I need TD for further process. After TD, I'll update to you guys.

Hunk is also a good bke, but the Look & Weight is low when compared to Pulsar, Apache & CBZ(IMO)

Thanks for your useful Info, Dhaya[:)]

Top Bottom