Which one of these (350cc) Enfield is the best?

Thread Starter #1
Dear Experts!!!

Its my long cherished dream to own a Royal Bullet Enfield and by this year end for sure get one. Though I've logged onto the Royal Enfield website & went through all of its current model, I've shortlisted only 3.
1. Royal Enfield Classic 350cc
2. Royal Enfield Bullet Electra Twinspark
3. Royal Enfield Bullet Twinspark (Except thunderbird 350 as I don't like its look)

Out of these 3 models, most & all of the specifications are same (350cc, UCE engine etc), but I'm confused which one should I go for. Can the experts, let me know the exact difference within these 3 models, their on-road price (in hyderabad), whose thump is better, mileage (though I know that bullet won't stand good for it) & lastly about UCE engines.

Would really appreciate all for advising and solving my confusion.

Many Thanks.
Mohammad.

Out of these 3 models, most & all of the specifications are same (350cc, UCE engine etc), but I'm confused which one should I go for. Can the experts, let me know the exact difference within these 3 models, their on-road price (in hyderabad), whose thump is better, mileage (though I know that bullet won't stand good for it) & lastly about UCE engines.
A very good question there. Three different bikes with similar engine configuration can lead to some confusion. The only difference I have noticed between the Electra Twinspark and the Bullet 350 is the design. In the sense that Bullet 350 still holds the iconic paint scheme and emblems.

However, when you compare the Classic 350 and the other two. One big difference is the tyre size. The Classic 350 comes with 18" wheels while the other two come with 19"s. This make the classic 350 stance slightly lower as compared to the other two. This might aid in handling and maneuverability of the Classic 350.

I do not know the on road prices. The thump of the Royal Enfield these days is pretty much non-existent. An aftermarket exhaust could bring back a thump but in my opinion, nothing to match the classic thump of the Cast iron engine.

You'll be surprised if you think that these bikes will not score high on mileage. 350cc enfields should easily give 35 and above. Some even claim to get a constant 40-45, but that surely will depend on how you ride and maintain your bike.

Lastly, the UCE engine. As you might know the cast iron engines had to go especially in the international market because of tighter emmission norms. The AVL engines were introduced and after sometime the UCE engines were introduced and now they are standard in all Royal Enfield bikes. Because of the single unit there is less transmission loss and better reliability.

Edit: Which one is the best? Well, that entirely depends on your liking in my opinion. TD all three and check your comfort levels.

Last edited:
The Classic 350 comes with the UCE engine & has carburetor, same goes with Electra which is a carb based one. I see Electra Deluxe which looks a little like the Machismo 350 that was first launched sometime ago but with EFI (electronic fuel Injection) There is not much of a difference in many of the vehicles with respect to engines even though fuel supply varies a bit. Check if the EFI issues have been resolved by the RE guys before you opt for an EFI based one

TD the vehicles as mentioned above & choose the one you like, being an owner of a CI 350 electra 5s, I would say the new ones don't really match the oldies in terms of riding style & the look they had. Can't help it have to move on with times.

One more thing if you are going to use the bike only in the city then I say stick to 350CC if you plan to go on long rides for a fair amount of time then you can go for 500cc as well as IMO 500cc in a city is literally waste of power!

Go for the Standard 350 AND get a front disc brake installed on it for Rs. 9000. Cheapest, electrically most reliable, and in all terms, as good as all other models in the 350 cc RoyalEnfield range.

in my opinion you should go for 350 electra twinspark because it has the old looks of standard bullet.only mudguards r made thin but gives great steel looks.speaking about engine?....now each and every model produced comes with uce engine only.mileage is also good compared to previous cast iron engines.i also agree that thunderbird do not have great looks.it doesn't look like bullet

I would go with electra as it looks modern yet classic & if I am right, the old 350 has still the gears on right hand which may cause inconvenience especially if you are driving 2 bikes or so.

Dear Experts!!!

Its my long cherished dream to own a Royal Bullet Enfield and by this year end for sure get one. Though I've logged onto the Royal Enfield website & went through all of its current model, I've shortlisted only 3.
1. Royal Enfield Classic 350cc
2. Royal Enfield Bullet Electra Twinspark
3. Royal Enfield Bullet Twinspark (Except thunderbird 350 as I don't like its look)

Would really appreciate all for advising and solving my confusion.

Many Thanks.
Mohammad.
Hi Friend,
Me too was working on the same for some time.... As to my understanding, Classic 350 has a 18" wheel at rear and a 19" wheel in the front, so the Maneuverability is excellent even in city, even though I don't like its stock Handlebars it still did a good job, The seats looks very stylish but have heard that its not very comfortable for long drives

As of Electra Twinspark, it has that old plain look, s[cheers]omeway I like it, the handlebars are excellent, the seats are very much comfortable, and the Maneuverability part is decent in city, on highways I don't have to tell you. But I don't understand why they have the same size (3.25 x 19") tyres at both wheels, I would have preferred a 3.5x19" tyres at the rear (like std 350)

On Bullet 350 Twinspark, a 2kg heavier crank means less vibrations and a bit slower pick-up, traditional handle bars, 3.5 x 19" inch tyres at the back....Decent handling, just that you would miss that Front Disc Brake at least for the cosmetics even if you don't need it on driving.....

The seat factor in Classic 350 will force me to change seats which I beileve would kill its looks and I like the Machismo type handle bars than the traditional handle bars as well as prefer a Front Disc Brake so Bullet 350 Twinspark was also not for me

So settled for the Electra Twinspark, you might ask on the Same size tyre factor.... yes even now I don't prefer the same size concept.... Will be doing some study on the same and might as well change to 3.50 x 19" Avon Tyres at rear wheel and I beileve won't need any modifications for the same....

Have booked a Electra Twinspark Last Weekend in Chennai....[cheers]

RE 350 classic is really classic. Good handling in city and easy cruising in Highways, gives better milage too.in long trips , 350 classic easily cruises at 90-110km speed without any strees, even pulsars and my gs150r are not comfy or cant keep that speed for more than 5 to 10 mints..std bullet does not give this much control/comfort in the riding possition

you will not get thump of RE on UCE now :(

if you want thump and pride of owning / riding bullet, then just go for some old bike and make it new by throwing some bucks.

and if you want a trouble free ride like normal bikes, go for any one from these bikes just TD all and you'll get which is meant for you.

hi friends

i have just booked my RE 350 i initially had booked for Electra 350 Twinspark then changed it to Standard Bullet 350 Twinspark based on suggestions/reviews i got to see from this site plus team bhp site plus on discussion had with Re sales staff/engineers.

also, a fact was i am not particular about disc brake but ES could have been a feature in standard 350 considering todays technologies but the company wants to keep it unchanged. they have introduced ES and Disc brake features on the Standard 500

well though i like the outlooks of Classic 350/Desert Storm as far as comforts and standard looks are concerned, i made up my decision for Standard Bullet 350 Twinspark
i need some help here i would be going on long rides too approximately about 500kms twice or once in a month depending on needs some suggestions here says that Bullet 500 would be better i need to know as to how many kms i can ride continuously without stopping on a single stretch (i mean whether the engine would not get too hot) :)

rgs
Ganesh

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to know as to how many kms i can ride continuously without stopping on a single stretch (i mean whether the engine would not get too hot) :)

rgs
Ganesh
How long a single cylinder, air cooled motorcycle can go without the engine running too hot depends on a lot of factors like ambient temperature, load being carried, wind speed, humidity level, engine speed, riding style, etc.

Don't worry too much about it; suffice to say you will need to take a break long before the engine runs hot and anyways its feasible to take a 5 minute break every 50-70 kilometres in order to avoid fatigue both to the rider and the motorcycle.

The Standard 350 seat is anyday more comfortable on long rides than the painful single seat on the Classic twins. Just add a front disc to your Standard 350 and enjoy your rides. All the best.

Hi,

Need suggestion on follosing: a. Classic 350 or TB 350 cc b. 350 cc or 500 cc - Heard a lot of FI issues in 500 cc. facing same in ZMR. :( c. How to make them tubeless by using alloy? That will effect milage if I am not wrong.

Top Bottom