Which New Car / SUV - 30 - 40 Lakh Budget ?

Thread Starter #1
Hello boys after a long time,it is very busy now a days and that is why I am not getting enough time to visit you people.

I have been using Mahindra vehicles for a very long time but now my new construction partners have cars Audi and Mercedes and that is why they both are forcing me also to buy one such car,also my children who are admitted in a university here(Amity) are also saying that there are many big cars in there university and they also want one big car than the XUV,now as mahindra do not have any car bigger than XUV so I now want to buy one more car for long term,after this car i will not buy any car for next 3-4 years my requirements are as follows:

Price:30-40 lakh,can rise above only 5 lakh if the car is very good.

Must be good for both,self driving and driver driving.

Must have good space and comfort and safety.

Must not be confusing to drive as I will also drive sometimes.

Must have the appeal of a big car.

Must not be very fast as my children will be driving many times.

Servicing is not an issue here because all three are in my city only.

Monthly running will be about 2500-3000 kilometers maximum.

I need car for a long term of at least 5 years so the car must be very reliable and well built.

Preference will be Audi or BMW or Mercedes but no problem will bewith other brands too.

I yesterday gone to some dealers of Jaguar,Mercedes,Audi and BMW with my children and all the cars they liked were very high priced and the boys there told me that every car is the best in its class,so I am confused which car I must buy.I will be buying on 50:50 basis,50% payment cash and rest loan.

Yesterday they also showed me a white colour mitsubishi lancer car which was available for low price and had ran very less,should I go for this car?This car had 4 wheel drive also like our SUVs have and my children told me that this has a small engine so the top speed is also not very high(it is good for children because they will drive very fast if the car is very fast) and with 4 wheel drive this car can also go anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Which New Car?

I need car for a long term of at least 5 years so the car must be very reliable and well built.
Preference will be Audi or BMW or Mercedes but no problem will bewith other brands too.
Hello Mahendra, in 30 to 40 Lakh budget i suggest you to wait for the upcoming BMW 3 series:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-series-officially-debuts-27-july-2012-a.html.

It's coming in August and one of the best lookers and i guess the prices may start from 30 Lakhs.

Else you can easily buy the Land Rover Freelander 2 which comes in two variants and one is priced under 40 Lakhs.
Hello Mahendra Sir, how are you!!

As per Vishwas Sir, Land Rover Freelander is really a best buy. These days you will get plenty of Audi and BMW but you will not see Land Rover in such a huge number. Whenever I pass on Bomanhalli on Hosur road (Bangalore) that Land Rover showroom always force me to stop or slow down and have look of those mighty and big SUV.

@Mahendra: There are 3 so-called 'Premium' SUVs that fit in your bidget :

1. Audi Q3
2. Land Rover Freelander
3. Mitsubishi Montero

Discounts are available aplenty. Please go and ask.

if you only intend to get a car then you can opt for an AUDI A4.

will fit into your budget and it looks are as good as any other audi.

Mahendra sir with 30-40 Lac budget you can look for the following cars:

Sedans:
1. Audi A6 2.0 Tdi
2. BMW 5 Series 520d 2.0
3. Mercedes-Benz E-Class E250 CDI Classic (Will go bit higher than 40L)

SUV's:
1. Land Rover Freelander 2

Re: Which New Car/SUV - 30-40 lakh budget ?

If I was in your place, I would have got myself the Land Rover Freelander 2. Since you are so used to brawny SUVs, I am not sure whether you will like sedans or softroaders.

If it is a sedan that you are looking for, please get a BMW 520d.

Mahendra Sir, whichever car you buy at this price point, it wont be slow i.e it will surely have the ability to go fast. The only way you are able to stop that is by having some form of after market speed limiter.

Mahindra Sir, even i feel you should go for Freelander 2 as it satisfies all your requirement.

350Z

Core Team
There is a vast range of cars in less than 40 lakh budget. It all depends on the requirements and kind of usage. If the car has to be bought just for the status symbol – Please consider the Mercs, Audis or BMWs. For a rugged purpose, nothing else clicks to the mind other than a Landrover Freelander or Volvo XC60. Mitsubishi Montero is a nice car too but not at all worth it for the price tag it’s being offered.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
Thank you all guys-now I stopped saying boys,for your suggestions.
I think most of the cars recommended by you all people are more than 40 lakh priced.
I feel like if the cars are so good then I can expand upto 45 lakh maximum but will not go more than 45 lakh.

Today I again saw the lancer car,it is a 2010 model and the owner is asking a low price also for the 58 lakh car.So should I go for this car?
But this car do not look like it has a small 2000 cc engine and this car do not look like a 58 lakh car but it is having comfortable seats.
What is the opinion of you boys on this car?

Hello Mahendra sir,so now it looks like Mahindra's product line up is unable to fulfill the demands of your family and business.I knew that this will happen one day.

White Mitsubishi lancer,tell me is it the car with UP-16 XX XXX1 with a big wing on the boot?Golden colored alloy rims and full black grille in front?
I too heard about this car,I think the owner is asking just 25 lacs for the car,right?

Thread Starter #13
Yes it is the same mitsubishi car,it looks very powerful and very attractive also.
so what you recommend to me?

Thank you all guys-now I stopped saying boys,for your suggestions.
I think most of the cars recommended by you all people are more than 40 lakh priced.
I feel like if the cars are so good then I can expand upto 45 lakh maximum but will not go more than 45 lakh.

Today I again saw the lancer car,it is a 2010 model and the owner is asking a low price also for the 58 lakh car.So should I go for this car?
But this car do not look like it has a small 2000 cc engine and this car do not look like a 58 lakh car but it is having comfortable seats.
What is the opinion of you boys on this car?
Mahendraji i would suggest that when you are spending around 40L you should go for a premium brand like BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. And if you want to go with a SUV than the Land Rover Freelander 2 is the vehicle to go with.

350Z

Core Team
I hope that the car in question is a Mitsubishi Evo X. How much is the asking price? It’s an awesome piece of engineering.

Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-X-India.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom